ADVERTISEMENT

Honor K at the game?

heelmanwilm

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
Wilmington NC
Maybe it’s the martial artist in me as far as honoring your enemy goes but I think we should. It’s the end of a portion of the greatest rivalry in sports. I do think Roy and dean and K respected each other. Seems silly to just pretend there’s nothing significant about K coaching his last game against unc at the smith center

nah-jake-gyllenhaal.gif

GTFO . I almost puked when that hypocrite POS imposed himself on Dean's ceremony. Maybe we can put him in a cage out on the floor and pummel him with rat droppings.

Reactions: AlanBlank
Didn't we give him something for his 1,000th win or something like that? I think that's enough.

Yes, beat them in Chapel Hill and Durham. That's the most honorable gesture in a rivalry.

He's helped UNC and UNC has helped him. As long as one of us is relevant, the other will always be relevant. That's an honor.

Yes. Thank him for
- his attempts to popularize man-hugs,
-the floor slapping,
-teaching soccer how to fake injuries
-his cunning ability to test a ref's whistle by hand-checking from the first play til last,
-testing the healing ability of Montross' head and Hansbrough's nose,
-teaching Laettner and Grayson how to step on and trip people,
-bringing a taste of new jersey to north carolina,
-filling a shit-hole HS-sized gym with loud nerds who don't know much about bball beyond a cheer-sheet and allowing their tasteless jokes ("have you driven a ford lately", JR can't Reid, etc)
-the flops
-showings us the ability to preach sportsmanship while being a whining, griping, sniveling leader of men who fails to shake hands after a game.

He has already been honored repeatedly by not having the snot/chit slapped out of him whenever in a Tar Heel fans presence. I would gladly do it if someone would get me a ticket close to the dook bench. One of the remarkable stats in sports history is why it hasn't already happened...

Reactions: bluetoe
Guess we are honoring him by letting him ass rape us.
I was kind of afraid of this. There's no question that the dookies are the better team. There was never any question about that. But, it sucks to get drawn-n-quartered by every good team you play. This time, it's going to happen at the DDome.

Reactions: tarheel0910
the seating chart for games is different than for pre-game…yeah, i know all about how the building was built, but there is zero home court advantage in that place…very rare today.
That's a tired statement that only exists because of that douche UVA player. Not sure why UNC fans buy into it.

Oh... so we don't have that Cameron Crazy vibe at game time?
That Cameron crazy vibe isn't as crazy as people think. The upper part of the place is filled with regular people who don't act like the students. But no, we don't have students surrounding the whole court. That doesn't mean it isn't loud.

Where does the UVA douche player come in?
The guy who came up with the "wine and cheese" saying about UNC fans.

Reactions: strummingram
That Cameron crazy vibe isn't as crazy as people think. The upper part of the place is filled with regular people who don't act like the students. But no, we don't have students surrounding the whole court. That doesn't mean it isn't loud.

The guy who came up with the "wine and cheese" saying about UNC fans.
Sam Cassell actually played at Florida State

Your right. Not sure why I was thinking Virginia. He's still a douche, though.
you might want to reconsider the noise situation as well. I was a season ticket holder for quite awhile and in spite of some pretty damn boisterous crowds for big games, the only time I've heard the DD reach its noise potential was in those unfortunate NIT games when they opened the doors to general admission. Walmart fans know how to create a home court advantage, God bless 'em.

And I think Sam Cassell was a douche too. But he wasn't a wrong douche.

Reactions: gteeitup
So, who was honoring K pregame that has Facebook panties in a wad? Was it OOTB?

Obviously some fans said some mean things to him and his wife.

you might want to reconsider the noise situation as well. I was a season ticket holder for quite awhile and in spite of some pretty damn boisterous crowds for big games, the only time I've heard the DD reach its noise potential was in those unfortunate NIT games when they opened the doors to general admission. Walmart fans know how to create a home court advantage, God bless 'em.

And I think Sam Cassell was a douche too. But he wasn't a wrong douche.
this

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT