ADVERTISEMENT

Hook & Hold

Yeah that could've easily turned into a 5 point possession for dook, and suddenly we would only be up 4 with 40 seconds left. Thankfully... not only did flopski miss one of two FTs, he was responsible for the turnover on the inbounds play.

BALL DON'T LIE!

If they just watched the moment right before Seth came down on him(they didn’t) then I could see the call but dang it, he had RJ pinned down first. RJ had no choice but to grab what was killing you.
Yep. Maybe they could justify a common foul on RJ... maybe? But calling a technical there was total BS. Especially when they called nothing on flopski when he clotheslined RJ earlier after the whistle had already blown.

I saw 3 just purely awful calls last night:

1) Flipper's hand to RJ's face, intent or not, he hit RJ in the face, that is supposed to be a F-1.

2) The Bacot body check on flipper, clearly a foul on Bacot so much so that our players all stopped playing thinking the whistle was going to blow, it didn't and flipper got a easy run to the rim.

3) The "so called hook and hold" on RJ, RJ is trying to block out flipper, flipper puts him in a head lock from behind, RJ held on so he would not be flung to the floor. I saw that as a F-2 on flipper because he had intent to have RJ in that head lock. Could have lived with the F-1 but to call RJ for the foul was extreme in your face Bull!

did anyone else see the mean side eye stare that a ref was giving Mando after Flip fouled him in the first half? that was bizarre. i assume it's bc of Mando kind of pushing Flip down and (likely) talking some trash to him. but that ref was locked in for a good 4 seconds.

did anyone else see the mean side eye stare that a ref was giving Mando after Flip fouled him in the first half? that was bizarre. i assume it's bc of Mando kind of pushing Flip down and (likely) talking some trash to him. but that ref was locked in for a good 4 seconds.
Yes I noticed that when I rewatched game this morning. It was bizarre for sure. I assume the ref was listening intently to make sure the yapping didn't lead to something more physical.

Any video of the "flagrant" foul? I can only seem to find the sideline footage of the ref going to the scorers table and saying he's about to get booed.

According to ACC Refs our littlebitty guard had the big 7footer in a bone-breaking headlock bout to shatter his spine causing major damage to rib-cage area. RJ is dangerous folks😟

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT