ADVERTISEMENT

How did Skip Holtz

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
produce a worse team each year at USF? He did a good job at ECU, and now in his 2nd year at La Tech he is back in a bowl.

Originally posted by WoadBlue:
produce a worse team each year at USF? He did a good job at ECU, and now in his 2nd year at La Tech he is back in a bowl.

Recruiting competition.

It goes beyond just poor recruiting. Skip Holtz is a lousy head coach. He underachieves everywhere he goes and it's amazing how programs continue to offer him the job. When it comes to halftime adjustments, he might be the worst coach in the country.

At this moment the Illinois-Louisiana Tech game is at halftime with the Bulldogs enjoying a comfortable 21-9 lead. If the pattern continues the Illini will come out in the second half and win this ballgame. That's certainly my prediction.

From the linked article:

"We all watched Act I. That was the part where Skip Holtz, as USF's coach, took a promising football program and single-handedly ripped it apart with lame recruiting, poor team management, awful in-game decisions, and a complete lack of urgency and accountability."

And this regarding last year's loss to lowly Tulane:

"The score was 24-15. Twenty-four to fifteen. Louisiana Tech was trailing by nine points. It should have been a one-possession game after the extra point.
"Skip Holtz went for two. It failed.
"I was watching this all unfold on TV. After Louisiana Tech scored I thought, 'Man I hope Skip does something really stupid and goes for two, because I would die laughing.' AND HE DID IT. HE TURNED A ONE-POSSESSION GAME INTO A TWO-POSSESSION GAME. SKIP SINGLE-HANDEDLY CHOKED OUT HIS OWN TEAM'S COMEBACK.
"Now you're wondering, how could Skip make this even worse? Louisiana Tech had all three timeouts and 3:54 left. There was plenty of time to kick deep, get a stop, get the ball back, score again, and then try an onside kick. (Which might not have been needed if he'd kicked the PAT like a sane person and made it a one-score game in the first place.)
"Skip Holtz called for an onside kick. It failed."

http://www.voodoofive.com/2013/9/13/4725856/skip-holtz-usf-louisiana-tech-train-wreck-stealing-money

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT