ADVERTISEMENT

How do you guys feel about Chazz Surratt?

TraBuch

All-ACC
Mar 31, 2006
He's supposedly down to Duke and UNC and is deciding soon. I know he visited UNC last week and he's visiting Duke this week and then deciding, just wondering where you guys feel you stand. This could be a big visit for Duke with Peyton Manning on campus with a bunch of Broncos players for workouts.

Is Peyton allowed to recruit for dook? If not, contact between the two might be frowned on by the NCAA.

Chaz is ours to lose , he comes from a pro Carolina family. I heard this on the podcast a few weeks back.

News not good here I'm afraid... Definitely not ours to lose. We have done all we can do but I just don't think he is in the cards for us from what I've gotten from sources close to the HS.

If there's one position where we can "miss" on a recruit and be totally fine, it's QB. IMO, Carolina is the deepest at QB in the conference, and possibly the country except for Ohio State.

Yes we are as long as guys live up to billing and no serious injuries.

Originally posted by HeelFan58:

Yes we are as long as guys live up to billing and no serious injuries.
Yeah I agree.... Surratt has won 2 state 2A championships in his first 3 years of varsity play for East Lincoln....One as a recevier as a freshman before moving over to QB as a Soph....Also played for a state championship in basketball this year for the Mustangs....Kid is obviously very talented, and younger brother is also a talent in both sports....Wonder if they could be a package deal for some school?

Reactions: Baby Debo
a good talent but not a make or break QB at the next level in my opinion. he would be a good athlete and a kid with the skill set to move to receiver or defense

I feel like he's going elsewhere now that Byrd has committed. Win-win for Carolina and Duke.

Like I said, QB is the one position I'm NOT worried about.

Yes .....we are supposedly taking only one QB. Word was the first to commit got it. Also heard Surratt wants to play FB and basketball and coaches weren't into that.

Originally posted by HeelFan58:
Yes .....we are supposedly taking only one QB. Word was the first to commit got it. Also heard Surratt wants to play FB and basketball and coaches weren't into that.
Playing 2 sports is very tough. If one of the sports is football and the position QB, it is doubly tough.

I say avoid any QB who is serious about playing another sport.

I feel like he's going elsewhere now that Byrd has committed. Win-win for Carolina and Duke.

And indeed, he commits to Duke today. I mean, you never want your in-state rivals to land a highly-ranked recruit, but to me, this is similar to Moo landing Johnny Frasier and that other RB last year. We were stocked to the gills with RB's last year, and we're stocked with QB's this year.

Byrd committed first and he got the spot.

I

And indeed, he commits to Duke today. I mean, you never want your in-state rivals to land a highly-ranked recruit, but to me, this is similar to Moo landing Johnny Frasier and that other RB last year. We were stocked to the gills with RB's last year, and we're stocked with QB's this year.

Byrd committed first and he got the spot.

Is the Rat-face going to let him play basketball? I assume that Cutliffe is Ok with him playing hoops. And with the attrition, the Rat-face can always use a football player dressing out.

If rat face wants his rear end kissed then Cutcliff is contractually required to do so . that was in exchange for Cutcliff being allowed to recruit any player despite academic deficiencies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT