ADVERTISEMENT

How stoked would you all be if ...

That would signal that we have seen a major change on our Offense to go with major changes on D.

Either that or USuck defense gave up a lot of long runs. But y'all can stop dreaming. It will always be a pass first offense. The closest you might see is 60/40

UNC ran the ball for +/- 200 yds on USCjr to open the season? :)
I only care that we score more points than them, to be honest.

Either that or USuck defense gave up a lot of long runs. But y'all can stop dreaming. It will always be a pass first offense. The closest you might see is 60/40
UNC ran the ball on 50.9% of its plays in 2012. UNC ran the ball on 52.0% of its plays in 2013. UNC ran the ball on 49.4% of its plays in 2014.

During Fedora's tenure, UNC has run the ball 50.7% of the time.

Reactions: bobby121567
Heels o/u on wins this season is 8

USuCk o/u on wins this season is 7

In order for either of these teams to get the "over" they have to win this game. Bowl games don't count.

UNC ran the ball on 50.9% of its plays in 2012. UNC ran the ball on 52.0% of its plays in 2013. UNC ran the ball on 49.4% of its plays in 2014.

During Fedora's tenure, UNC has run the ball 50.7% of the time.

Unless we have a 1st rate RB, the kind who will play in the NFL, the offense will be better if we pass 60% of the time. Assuming, of course, that the QB can make the reads and deliver the ball.

Im the same way RH ... Just give me the W ... especially when we play the other state schools .... but I would literally piss myself to see UNC run effectively against USC. It would (might) also mean a ball control offense that would help keep your D fresh into the 4th qtr.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Im the same way RH ... Just give me the W ... especially when we play the other state schools .... but I would literally piss myself to see UNC run effectively against USC. It would (might) also mean a ball control offense that would help keep your D fresh into the 4th qtr.

You can have an effective ball control offense that passes 60% of the time if the QB knows how to read Ds. The short passing game in a spread can work close to the same way that a power running game works to control the clock and hold the ball.

I think for our offense, the key is to get past the Marquise Runs scenario. That allows DCs to be lazy and look good. Our offense with the QB running the ball all the time is predictable, more so than we were under Shoop.

There isn't really such a thing as "ball control" or "clock management" with this style of offense. By running it more, you're not going to suddenly add a 10-minute chunk to your end-of-game TOP column.

However, the value in running the ball effectively as well as completing passes effectively, is that it keeps the chains moving and ultimately hopefully leads to a touchdown. You may run an extra :25 off the clock, but if it leads to 6 points, then it's a win for the defense as well because now they have a cushion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT