ADVERTISEMENT

I like Jakel Felton game...

Jalek is better than Raymond was at this point in their careers. Granted, Ray blossomed during his time at UNC but Jalek has a good little head start on him.

Jalek is better than Raymond was at this point in their careers. Granted, Ray blossomed during his time at UNC but Jalek has a good little head start on him.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but Felton was the #3 prospect his senior year - a year that saw guys like Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Deron Williams, Brandon Roy, Andre Iguodala and Amare Stoudamire graduate. If anything, I think Felton was a head of the curve in high school only to not mature to the level of the players mentioned above.

If Jalek is better in high school, that's certainly good news for us.

I'm talking as a rising junior. If I remember correctly (going back like 13 years now), Raymond wasn't highly recruited until after his junior year, when he made his big leap. But in no way did I mean to say Ray was a slouch coming out of HS, the exact opposite, he was the #1 PG in America. Apologies if that came across wrong.

On a side note, man MD could recruit. #1 PG, #1 PF, #4 SF that year. Too bad that was really all he could do.

Well he did say he was 95% committed to UNC so he's only exercising his other 5% non commitment status.

I'm not so sure we're gonna be able to keep Jalek from UK's grasp . .

Don't be surprised if UK ramps up the pressure on Giles. They are also on Dennis Smith like a cheap suit lately... Seems we are in a two pronged fight for our top recruits. Duke on the left hand and now UK on the right..

Okay, quick review its July. let's see where UNC is with the kid by end of month or early August.

Okay, quick review its July. let's see where UNC is with the kid by end of month or early August.

With JF being 2017, I doubt if we know much more than what we do until at least early spring 2016 . .

jmho

So he said he is just verbally committed...But I am still open...So your word means nothing....Use to be your word was your bond...Now it means nothing....If I am Roy I am going hard after other PG in the 17 class right now....And if 1 does commit I pull the offer from Mr. Felton...The outrage at Roy if he did this though...

Reactions: Tru Blu Tar Heel
"Other schools have been contacting me, not me contacting them as of now I'm a tarheel"
...This is what Jalek tweeted about an hour ago!!...and oh yeah..roy is recruiting over him right now!!..wonder how he feels about that?..some kids don't like it at all!!

Last edited:
I just want the NCAA mess out of the way and a great season this year. That should take care of most of this mess with the recruiting.

Now I am ready for some Carolina Football.

To say Roy is recruiting over him is just silly. The staff have been in contact with other PG's the entire time Jalek has been committed. Also, Jalek will unlikely play as a constant PG so having another PG come in isn't a shot at him.

Regarding Smith/UK, Kobi Simmons is the most likely PG for them in this class. Sure they could take more and when UK offers these days, kids listen. But I don't see Smith Jr. @ UK and honestly wouldn't be surprised if Simmons pledged to them anytime between now and his visit (scheduled for October I think).

"To say Roy is recruiting over him is just silly. The staff have been in contact with other PG's the entire time Jalek has been committed"........................................
Have you seen all of the offers to guards that roy has handed out within the last week?..all of them are not oad kids so some will still be around if they accept the offer...Felton wants to play right away..and he deserves to..and from what i've seen from the other recruits,they should too...these are 5 star kids with offers..not 3 star kids who he could come in and play over right away!!..

All I've heard the last couple years is how Felton was a "lock" to UNC, I hate to hear that word, anymore that's about the same as when they say they have grown up Tar Heel fans. At least he did commit though, I hope we can hang on to him. One thing about the 95% though is that it's a lot more than we've gotten from any of the rest of them.

Reactions: Bur-Heel
Listen, this is nothing new. The kid said in an interview a couple weeks back that he is waiting to see what the NCAA does punishment wise and that's why he is 95%. Maybe the kid is helping Roy out to see what exactly other coaches are saying against North Carolina.

Listen, this is nothing new. The kid said in an interview a couple weeks back that he is waiting to see what the NCAA does punishment wise and that's why he is 95%. Maybe the kid is helping Roy out to see what exactly other coaches are saying against North Carolina.
100%. We already discussed this a week ago. In that interview he was asked if there was a dream school that could snatch him away.... His response: "Carolina is my dream school"

"To say Roy is recruiting over him is just silly. The staff have been in contact with other PG's the entire time Jalek has been committed"........................................
Have you seen all of the offers to guards that roy has handed out within the last week?..all of them are not oad kids so some will still be around if they accept the offer...Felton wants to play right away..and he deserves to..and from what i've seen from the other recruits,they should too...these are 5 star kids with offers..not 3 star kids who he could come in and play over right away!!..
Yes, he has passed out many offers to guards. After this season we lose Marcus Paige for sure and most are anticipating also losing Justin Jackson. It's also not out of the realm of possibility that Joel Berry is gone by the time Jalek gets in town. Oh, and let's not forget that Nate Britt will have graduated the season before Jalek gets here.

Is Jalek going to take the playing time of 3 and potentially 4 players? Of course not. Roy has to replace these guys. So is he supposed to not target any other guards between now and then just because he has a commitment from Jalek? I wouldn't take the fact that Roy has offered other guards as any sign regarding Jalek.

100%. We already discussed this a week ago. In that interview he was asked if there was a dream school that could snatch him away.... His response: "Carolina is my dream school"

I wish I had a nickel for every freakin' recruit that said UNC was their 'dream school' . . only to have them go somewhere else.

Yes, he has passed out many offers to guards. After this season we lose Marcus Paige for sure and most are anticipating also losing Justin Jackson. It's also not out of the realm of possibility that Joel Berry is gone by the time Jalek gets in town. Oh, and let's not forget that Nate Britt will have graduated the season before Jalek gets here.

Is Jalek going to take the playing time of 3 and potentially 4 players? Of course not. Roy has to replace these guys. So is he supposed to not target any other guards between now and then just because he has a commitment from Jalek? I wouldn't take the fact that Roy has offered other guards as any sign regarding Jalek.

Agreed. To say Roy is recruiting over him is ridiculous. Kid is in the 2017 class, is Roy not supposed to field guards next year?

I wish I had a nickel for every freakin' recruit that said UNC was their 'dream school' . . only to have them go somewhere else.

Billy, how many of those kids were 95% committed? I think all the negativity is getting to your brother. Stay positive

Billy, how many of those kids were 95% committed? I think all the negativity is getting to your brother. Stay positive

Its Jalek that is saying his recruitment is 'OPEN' . . taking visits and talking with other schools(regardless of who initiated the call) doesn't sound very committed to me.

Sounds to me like JF has de-commited without actually saying he is de-commiting.

I've also been told that JF seems to be quite enamored with the attention he is getting from Calipari and UK.

Family ties be damned, if, he wants UK, Uncle Ray isn't going to sway him back to us IMO . .

"Other schools have been contacting me, not me contacting them as of now I'm a tarheel"
...This is what Jalek tweeted about an hour ago!!...and oh yeah..roy is recruiting over him right now!!..wonder how he feels about that?..some kids don't like it at all!!

Apparently he's been listening. It's like the cheating husband, "well I didn't approach her.. she approached me"....

Wow. A teenager enjoys the national spotlight and takes the call from a rock star coach and we get all twitchy, lol. Calm down with the infallible Cal who sits on a mountain top and says , "Let them come!" He has missed lately too and we are Carolina! . I fear neither rats or ambulance chasing car salesman!

Jalek has the opportunity to join a Family that is much more than just one year of Bball and he knows it well. I trust he will make the right decision but if he doesn't, then as DES said, " we will win with you or without you!".

Come join the Family Mr. Felton!

Heels are Family!

Wow. A teenager enjoys the national spotlight and takes the call from a rock star coach and we get all twitchy, lol. Calm down with the infallible Cal who sits on a mountain top and says , "Let them come!" He has missed lately too and we are Carolina! . I fear neither rats or ambulance chasing car salesman!

Jalek has the opportunity to join a Family that is much more than just one year of Bball and he knows it well. I trust he will make the right decision but if he doesn't, then as DES said, " we will win with you or without you!".

Come join the Family Mr. Felton!

Heels are Family!

Yeah, Kal did such a wonderful job with the Harrison twins...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT