ADVERTISEMENT

Ian Jackson Taking OV To North Carolina This Weekend

Brought to you by...

Rogue Shop

* It's a husband/wife outfit, as @OMGanja and his wife are craft cannabis farmers, who specialize in a small batch, sustainable, plant-based holistic medicine, small business.

* The website to visit is www.rogueshop.com

* They own 2 farms in Oregon, and DGIY (their cannabis growing consulting company) consults and runs three more farms in Oregon and Wisconsin.

* They sell Delta 8 products, THCO and HHC. All lab direct, they don’t use middle men.

* On the health and wellness side, they sell Salves, lip balm, bath soak, hemp soap, CBD flower, CBD Hot Cocoa, CBD Seasoning, REAL cannabis t erped Tinctures/Oils.

* For Tar Heel Illustrated members, they can handle personal customized orders and will have a TarHeel10 member special of 10 % off all orders.

1672981924181.png

Plenty sure some on here would disagree with me on this, but I would prefer Fland for the shooting guard position. Not discounting Jackson and his visit, he could be blown away. Kentucky is in the driver's seat, or in a great position to secure his commitment. If he commits to us, that would be a nice addition to the 2024 class.

Plenty sure some on here would disagree with me on this, but I would prefer Fland for the shooting guard position. Not discounting Jackson and his visit, he could be blown away. Kentucky is in the driver's seat, or in a great position to secure his commitment. If he commits to us, that would be a nice addition to the 2024 class.
Couple of points:

1. both Jackson and Cadeau could reclass to 2023. I get the impression Jackson would prefer to reclass. We'll have to wait and see what players turn pro or transfer from UNC to find out if there is room for any 2024 guards to reclassify and enroll at UNC. I don't know that Jackson wants to wait until spring to find out if 2023 is an option for him.

2. UK has a loaded 2023 class already. Going by 247sports rankings, here are the perimeter players they have committed:
- DJ Wagner #1
- Justin Edwards #2
- Rob Dillingham #9
- Reed Sheppard #29

3. I get the impression that UK is considered the leader because there is uncertainty that Rob Dillingham will ever play college ball. His mentor is a real scumbag, and the primary reason Hubert bailed on the recruitment and took Sim Wilcher instead.

4. There are a series of events that could unfold in which Boogie Fland might be the only guard we take in 2024. If enough players leave after this season for Cadeau to feel he will get lots if playing time, he might reclass. Right now I don't see any of our guards with good draft stock, but that might not stop them from leaving.

It appears that Jackson will be making a decision within the next two weeks, per his earlier statement, which could change. You are accurate Kentucky is loaded in 2023, they have the number one recruiting class. With our guards, RJ and Love will be gone before the 2024 class arrives, if he choses Carolina, do not believe he will reclass. Normally reclassing does not work out for most, but there are some exceptions though, not going to mention his name.

I think Jackson would reclass if he can see a open spot for PT with one of his favorites however there does not seem to be said open spot at either UNC or Ky, does he look elsewhere or does he stay 24 where some spots do look to be open?

I think Jack is a college 3 and next season we lose Leaky, we bring in Powell, neither Puff nor Nickel are yet proven and I doubt many see Powell as a guy that comes in as a freshman and starts, in fact may find little PT as a freshman, could that be the open spot Jack may be looking for? I am not saying it would be easy for him to claim the starting spot when Leaky leaves, far from it, I am just speaking to the perception that it may look like a path to PT that is easier thru some of our guys that have not yet broken out.

Personally, I think I would prefer we go with who we got, love the talent Jack has but I love the talent we already have for next season, I don't want to see a kid like Puff or Nickel run off because we get another shiny new toy, they were all shiny when they were recruited. But I do admit, the thought of Cadeau, Wilcher, Trimble back court that could add Jack at the 3 is extremely intriguing, that could be absolutely electric.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
It appears that Jackson will be making a decision within the next two weeks, per his earlier statement, which could change. You are accurate Kentucky is loaded in 2023, they have the number one recruiting class. With our guards, RJ and Love will be gone before the 2024 class arrives, if he choses Carolina, do not believe he will reclass. Normally reclassing does not work out for most, but there are some exceptions though, not going to mention his name.
Love and Davis qualify for a covid year. If either wants to use it, they would be here for the '24-'25 season.

Do you really believe they would consider a covid year?
Last spring Bacot, Love, and Davis had a choice. They could enter the NBA draft and go 2nd round/undrafted, and end up in the G-League. Or return to UNC and make NIL money. All three made the choice for more money, as their NIL deals dwarf the average G-League paycheck. Their NIL deals also dwarf 2-way contracts.

This coming spring Bacot (senior) and Love/Davis (juniors) will have the same decision to make. Evaluate their draft stock and make the best decision for themselves. Bacot will probably have to choose between being a late 2nd rounder or returning to use his Covid year. Love could go anywhere between late 1st round to middle 2nd round depending on how the rest of the season goes. He has the best chance at getting a guaranteed NBA contract. Davis is basically projected to go undrafted because of his height. I could absolutely see RJ Davis returning for his senior year, and again for his Covid year. Because the money he will make from NIL deals is more than he would make in the G-League, as a two-way player, or as overseas. In fact if Love and/or Bacot leave, he'd probably get even more NIL money as the face of the Tar Heels.

Sorry for the long-winded response. NIL has changed everything.

Last spring Bacot, Love, and Davis had a choice. They could enter the NBA draft and go 2nd round/undrafted, and end up in the G-League. Or return to UNC and make NIL money. All three made the choice for more money, as their NIL deals dwarf the average G-League paycheck. Their NIL deals also dwarf 2-way contracts.

This coming spring Bacot (senior) and Love/Davis (juniors) will have the same decision to make. Evaluate their draft stock and make the best decision for themselves. Bacot will probably have to choose between being a late 2nd rounder or returning to use his Covid year. Love could go anywhere between late 1st round to middle 2nd round depending on how the rest of the season goes. He has the best chance at getting a guaranteed NBA contract. Davis is basically projected to go undrafted because of his height. I could absolutely see RJ Davis returning for his senior year, and again for his Covid year. Because the money he will make from NIL deals is more than he would make in the G-League, as a two-way player, or as overseas. In fact if Love and/or Bacot leave, he'd probably get even more NIL money as the face of the Tar Heels.

Sorry for the long-winded response. NIL has changed everything.
No problem with the long winded response. But my take on this is that, neither of them will improve anymore with a Covid year under their resume. The problem is some player who use the Covid year transfers to another school, not saying that any of them would even consider this. But there is always that probability, and you lock up a scholarship for an extra year. Pretty sure that Hubert is aware of who's going to stay, and who going to move on. How many players do you believe Carolina is recruiting for 2024? My estimate is at least 5 players, based upon what's out there. Not stating this is 100 per accurate, but probable.

I been waiting to see him in the tarheel uni pic .... Hopefully it's coming soon with a commitment too

Andrew asked the question earlier what is Jackson's height? He listed at 6 feet 4 inches to 6 feet 6 inches, depending on the publication which you read.

Reactions: kevindow
I would too! I probably would have told Hubs I was a silent commit but then gone on the trip. Who wouldn't want to be 18 and deal with the team "ambassadors" and get to meet all the players and coaches?

Reactions: tarwhiz
Looks like Cal has lost the fan base and the local and national media are picking the story up. This could work in our favor.

Looks like Cal has lost the fan base and the local and national media are picking the story up. This could work in our favor.
I listen to Kentucky Sports Radio daily, and yes, he has definitely lost the fanbase.

Looks like there will be a slime trail leaving Kentuck very soon! I guess you can only cheat and lie so much before your chickens come to roost! His team and his philosophy are garbage and I can't wait to see them implode!

Join the Family, Mr. Jackson!
We will actually support you!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT