ADVERTISEMENT

If we could play 1 SEC team every year

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
which SEC teams would you prefer? Over a decade, I would want to play Home-Away with 5 teams (no neutral site games): USuCk, UGA, UF, Bama, and A&M.

I'd prefer a heavy East lean: USCjr, UT, UGA, UF. Lots of competition for recruits with those schools. Definitely LSU from the West and maybe Bama or Auburn just for grins.

The home and home games may be getting more difficult to schedule in the near term with the SEC (outside of the permanent four in state rivalries)....I think that theonly one on the books for the future is the Pack's H&H with LSU.

There has been a trend lately towards neutral site games...VT has played LSU and Bama in neutral sites, Louisville will play Auburn and FSU will play Mississippi and Alabama in neutral stadiums.

These neutral site games pay good money (enough to make up for loss of home game), occur at season opening and get a lot of coverage.

The neutral site games are cash cows for the schools but they bleed fans' wallets dry. That will eventually express itself and the trend will reverse (or at least I hope).

I'd prefer a H-and-H with UGA, Tennessee, and USCjr. I'd throw Florida on there, but we know UF doesn't travel for non-conference games.

How would you know that? Florida hasn't played a non-conference road game outside of the state since Syracuse in 1991, Spurrier's second year as the head coach.

Typical coward blowhards.

FSU has the history of playing anybody anywhere. UF intends to play in FL, save for SEC road games. UF even cancelled the series with Miami so as to lose less in state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT