ADVERTISEMENT

*** Important TV Schedule Announcement ***

Raising Heel

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
A van down by the river
IFC is showing the first three movies from the Die Hard franchise starting tonight at 9:30.

No way I'm making it through the whole thing, but I'm definitely going to watch the first one. Hans Gruber is a real SOB.

Reactions: tarheel0910
#notachristmasmovie
51880402.jpg

Robin hood............ prince of thieves is also on

he was amazing as sheriff nottingham as well.

You lose. GFY.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christmas_films

ETA: Miracle on 34th street was released in June 1947. No doubt that is a Christmas movie. You lose again. GFY.
GMAFBAKMMFA*

Ask yourself one question... er, two questions:
Would you watch Die Hard in the summer?
Would you watch Miracle on 34th Street in the summer?

*according to IMDB, Miracle on 34th Street was released on October 2nd; Wikipedia says June. Who you really gonna trust for your movie info?
Miracle on 34th Street (1947) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039628/

Winner, winner.... chicken dinner!

Last edited:
GMAFBAKMMFA*

Ask yourself one question... er two questions:
Would you watch Die Hard in the summer?
Would you watch Miracle on 34th Street in the summer?

*according to IMDB, Miracle on 34th Street was released on October 2nd; Wikipedia says June. Who you really gonna trust for your movie info?
Miracle on 34th Street (1947) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039628/

Winner, winner.... chicken dinner!
I don't limit my movie watching to a season. Movies can be watched at anytime. Don't get mad that you suck at watching movies. Also, if we go by your flawed logic, miracle on 34th would be a Halloween movie. You lose once again.

Personally I don't give a shit. Just stirring the pot because I think it's funny that so many people think Die Hard is a Christmas movie. When, in my opinion it's just a semi-decent action flick and that's a FACT!

Personally I don't give a shit. Just stirring the pot because I think it's funny that so many people think Die Hard is a Christmas movie. When, in my opinion it's just a semi-decent action flick and that's a FACT!
So many fails in that post it belongs on radar. Go lick @Raising Heel where he farts.

That's not how this insult works. You can't just go around randomly assigning it to various people. It's a two-party transaction, and you have to be one of the parties. All other uses are invalid.
According to Luke Maye my usage was correct. Join Mark in the losers circle.

Die Hard is a Christmas Movie for the following reasons.

1: The entire duration of the film takes place on Christmas Eve. If only a scene or two took place on/near Christmas, there would be more reason to discredit it, but the entire film takes place on Christmas Eve, which is a trait pretty much only held by Christmas movies.

2: There are multiple lines of dialogue in the film that reference Christmas or Christmas traditions ("Now I have a machine gun, ho ho ho"/"It's Christmas, Theo, it's the time of miracles, so be of good cheer"/"Alright guys, listen up, Twas the Night Before Christmas and all through the house..."/"If this is their idea of Christmas, I gotta be here for New Year's" etc)

3: The soundtrack of the film is almost entirely Christmas music. "Winter Wonderland," "Let It Snow," "Christmas in Hollis," and "Jingle Bells" are all featured, plus "Ode to Joy" which may not be exactly a Christmas song, but wouldn't be out of place in a Christmas movie.

4: Much like Santa Claus faces the impossible task of making all the children of the world happy in just one night, John McClane faces the impossible task of making all the employees of Nakatomi Plaza happy in just one night by saving their lives.

5: Home Alone is a Christmas movie and has the PG plot of Die Hard. One person outmatched by a number of criminals uses his superior intellect and surroundings to outsmart the criminals on Christmas Eve, all the while taunting the criminals using references while they fall into the traps laid by our hero.

Die Hard is a Christmas Movie for the following reasons.

1: The entire duration of the film takes place on Christmas Eve. If only a scene or two took place on/near Christmas, there would be more reason to discredit it, but the entire film takes place on Christmas Eve, which is a trait pretty much only held by Christmas movies.

2: There are multiple lines of dialogue in the film that reference Christmas or Christmas traditions ("Now I have a machine gun, ho ho ho"/"It's Christmas, Theo, it's the time of miracles, so be of good cheer"/"Alright guys, listen up, Twas the Night Before Christmas and all through the house..."/"If this is their idea of Christmas, I gotta be here for New Year's" etc)

3: The soundtrack of the film is almost entirely Christmas music. "Winter Wonderland," "Let It Snow," "Christmas in Hollis," and "Jingle Bells" are all featured, plus "Ode to Joy" which may not be exactly a Christmas song, but wouldn't be out of place in a Christmas movie.

4: Much like Santa Claus faces the impossible task of making all the children of the world happy in just one night, John McClane faces the impossible task of making all the employees of Nakatomi Plaza happy in just one night by saving their lives.

5: Home Alone is a Christmas movie and has the PG plot of Die Hard. One person outmatched by a number of criminals uses his superior intellect and surroundings to outsmart the criminals on Christmas Eve, all the while taunting the criminals using references while they fall into the traps laid by our hero.
#micdrop

Reactions: heelz2345
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT