ADVERTISEMENT

Iran nuclear deal

gunslingerdick

Hall of Famer
Feb 16, 2006
is garbage. Why relieve Iran of sanctions before they've proved anything? Secondly, we lifted the embargo and now Iran has easy access to advanced weaponry.

Hopefully Israel, can take care of things on their own. God bless them.

Reactions: GACMAN
is garbage. Why relieve Iran of sanctions before they've proved anything? Secondly, we lifted the embargo and now Iran has easy access to advanced weaponry.

Hopefully Israel, can take care of things on their own. God bless them.
God Bless the people of Iran, too. God blesses all of us anyway. We like to allocate God's blessings in the direction we want them to go. It's one of the main things that separate us from God.

I haven't paid any attention to this "deal" because, frankly, anyone involved in it are not to be trusted anymore than Iranian leaders.

A Turkish rug salesman could have negotiated a better deal.

That being said, I'm still not sure it is all bad. Iran historically has been the most progressive country in the Middle East and more exposure to the West might lessen the power of the Ayatollahs. But it is a big gamble.

A Turkish rug salesman could have negotiated a better deal.

That being said, I'm still not sure it is all bad. Iran historically has been the most progressive country in the Middle East and more exposure to the West might lessen the power of the Ayatollahs. But it is a big gamble.
I doubt it's any bigger of a gamble than those loaded dice America has been rolling with Saudi Arabia for decades.

I doubt it's any bigger of a gamble than those loaded dice America has been rolling with Saudi Arabia for decades.

The Saudis don't call for the annihilation of Israel in public policy. The Iranians do.

Israel takes these threats seriously, even if others don't, which is a short and slippery slope towards a Middle East war. And if it goes nuclear....

Reactions: GACMAN
The Saudis don't call for the annihilation of Israel in public policy. The Iranians do.

Israel takes these threats seriously, even if others don't, which is a short and slippery slope towards a Middle East war. And if it goes nuclear....
I will use this as a pickup line next time I'm at the bars. "Honey, we may be nuclear dust in the coming months; let's not ruin tonight."

Reactions: gunslingerdick
There are parts of it I like and parts I don't. Reps would be condemning it if the Iranians were left with anything. That is not realistic. The majority of Americans (by a 2 to 1 margin from what I saw) want an agreement that significantly reduces Iran's chances of building a nuke. I think this does that provided the inspections are allowed as stated. If they are not then back out immediately.

The important question to ask is what is the alternative. I've heard lots of condemnation of the deal but no realistic alternatives suggested. Everyone seems to agree that Iran is three months away from a bomb. So if the deal fell apart, is a Middle East war a preferred alternative? Because that would likely be the only other means of preventing them from becoming a nuclear power.

God Bless the people of Iran, too. God blesses all of us anyway. We like to allocate God's blessings in the direction we want them to go. It's one of the main things that separate us from God.

Let their God bless them. Mine blesses those that follow his word...or at least those that don't do everything possible to go against his word.

That is not realistic. The majority of Americans

...are idiots. I put next to zero stock in what the masses say.

So if the deal fell apart, is a Middle East war a preferred alternative? Because that would likely be the only other means of preventing them from becoming a nuclear power.

It's not a preferred alternative but most likely, it has a better ending...for us at least. And frankly, I'm only concerned with us.

Reactions: UNC '92
"Let their God bless them. Mine blesses those that follow his word...or at least those that don't do everything possible to go against his word."

If they are Muslim they worship the same God as Christians do....just saying...

Reactions: strummingram
So the same God Muslims worship is the same as a Christian God??? Show ne where Christianity promotes mass murder via suicide bombers ,blowing up cafes airplanes or shops?? How about those beheadings or burning people alive??? Where exactly is that in the Bible???

So the same God Muslims worship is the same as a Christian God??? Show ne where Christianity promotes mass murder via suicide bombers ,blowing up cafes airplanes or shops?? How about those beheadings or burning people alive??? Where exactly is that in the Bible???
Jews, Christians, and Muslims all worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

God doesn't discriminate... people do.

All those criminal acts are human inventions, not God's.

Last edited:
"Let their God bless them. Mine blesses those that follow his word...or at least those that don't do everything possible to go against his word."

If they are Muslim they worship the same God as Christians do....just saying...
That's exactly what so many fail to ever grasp. God is the same! There aren't 4, 5, or 25 Gods up in the sky massing their followers to conquer the followers of the other Gods to be Super God. Rarely do people ever stop to conceptualize that is exactly what their thinking creates, consciously or subconsciously.

Here's a "Christian" act of terror:

hiroshima.jpg

tumblr_m6hilrvqDL1qan14ao1_500.gif

wounded+knee.gif

None of these religious clubs is without their own acts of terror.

Let their God bless them. Mine blesses those that follow his word...or at least those that don't do everything possible to go against his word.

It's not a preferred alternative but most likely, it has a better ending...for us at least. And frankly, I'm only concerned with us.

AGREE!!!

Ya think? A conventional war against Iran? I'm not sure what kind of ending you are envisioning as being "good." A conventional ground war with Iran would be one the dumbest moves this country has ever made. You'll probably need to reinstate the draft. You'll have more American military deaths since Vietnam. It will cripple our already fragile economy and it will cost us, in lives and lost morality, more than we could ever dream. And, I doubt America would "win" it. You'd probably have to kill every Iranian. Now, that will cost you a pretty high number of our own as well.

That's exactly what so many fail to ever grasp. God is the same! There aren't 4, 5, or 25 Gods up in the sky massing their followers to conquer the followers of the other Gods to be Super God. Rarely do people ever stop to conceptualize that is exactly what their thinking creates, consciously or subconsciously.

Ok, your argumentativeness knows no end. You are relentless. For that, I give you a smidge of credit.

Let's take God out of this and I'll get down to brass tax. I don't care about Iranians. I don't care about Iran. It could cease to exist tomorrow and as long as I had gas to put in the car, I wouldn't give a shit. I care about America and those that support America and American interests. So, the extermination of those against America's interest is indeed good for America. Do I want to see innocent Iranians die? No. But if 1 million innocent Iranians' deaths prevents even one American death, then so be it. And I don't need your commentary on how Christian these beliefs are. I'll either answer to them when my time comes or I won't. But that will happen regardless of whether you point it out or not. So please, spare me that crap. Find something else to argue about.

Last edited:
Ok, you're argumentativeness knows no end. You are relentless. For that, I give you a smidge of credit.

Let's take God out of this and I'll get down to brass tax. I don't care about Iranians. I don't care about Iran. It could cease to exist tomorrow and as long as I had gas to put in the car, I wouldn't give a shit. I care about America and those that support America and American interests. So, the extermination of those against America's interest is indeed good for America. Do I want to see innocent Iranians die? No. But if 1 million innocent Iranians' deaths prevents even one American death, then so be it. And I don't need your commentary on how Christian these beliefs are. I'll either answer to them when my time comes or I won't. But that will happen regardless of whether you point it out or not. So please, spare me that crap. Find something else to argue about.

This is ideal to argue about. Brass tax was an interesting mistake. Tacks? No... tax! There will be tax, alright!

Hey... you're the one that volunteered "God Bless Them." I think that whole part of this thread would have been absent if you'd chosen to leave it out.

And, the basis for your attitude is basically the downfall of humanity. No religion need be mentioned or considered. It's more Darwinian! "I don't care about them. Will I be okay? That's all I care about." Self interest is pretty much the cause of every war. Maybe some miscommunication, but mostly self-interest. And, the biggest issue I have with your whole post is "if 1 million innocent Iranians' deaths prevents even one American death..." That is a very fatal flaw in your thinking. It's frightening to see any person have such a thought. I'll give you props for being blatantly open about it. Let innocent people die as long as mine don't. At least there's no moral high ground at stake there! The trouble is... that will never be the equation! Innocent people (yours and theirs) will die. And, for what? If it doesn't bother your conscience at all to have innocent people die so long as your agenda is met, then that is yours to deal with.

Americans are not superior. YOU are not superior. Your leaders are not superior. Neither are theirs, for that matter. But, the lack of empathy and humility is what will ruin and eventually exterminate the human species. That may actually be God's plan!

ETA: I wasn't arguing with you in that post you quoted. I was agreeing with another poster and embellishing. You decided to argue about it with me. Thank you! I'd give you a kiss if I could!

Except when they happen to agree with you, of course.

Do you honestly believe a nuclear war in the Middle East would be a better ending for us? A nuclear war in the Middle East would almost certainly escalate across the globe. No war would make better sense and an agreement that is verifiable does that. It all depends on whether this is verifiable and enforced if violated.

Do you honestly believe a nuclear war in the Middle East would be a better ending for us? A nuclear war in the Middle East would almost certainly escalate across the globe. No war would make better sense and an agreement that is verifiable does that. It all depends on whether this is verifiable and enforced if violated.

There would be no "war". Whoever pulled the trigger first would be the winner. So instead of using the word "war", what you should ask is, "do you really think completely wiping Iran off the map would be a better ending for us?" And to that I'd say, give me a minute to think about it.

There would be no "war". Whoever pulled the trigger first would be the winner. So instead of using the word "war", what you should ask is, "do you really think completely wiping Iran off the map would be a better ending for us?" And to that I'd say, give me a minute to think about it.

Pulling the trigger first would not make them the winner since the other side would launch what they have prior to being wiped out. Maybe winning loser.

You're right "war" is the wrong word for it. "Mass murder" is a more accurate term. Of course, you don't care about that since they are not Americans.

Americans are not superior. YOU are not superior. Your leaders are not superior. Neither are theirs, for that matter. But, the lack of empathy and humility is what will ruin and eventually exterminate the human species. That may actually be God's plan!

Yes, we are. We are the most free country in history, although our freedoms are being eroded. The US offers the best chance of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness in the world.

No reason for you to feel guilty about it.

Pulling the trigger first would not make them the winner since the other side would launch what they have prior to being wiped out. Maybe winning loser.

Not sure Iran has the defense technology to get anything off in time. That's assuming we have some super-duper secretive stealth shit that we could drop it on them and get out of town before they'd know what hit them. I think that's a safe assumption to make.

Of course, you don't care about that since they are not Americans.

That's true but you make it sound so bad. I like to use the word "patriotism". 'Murica!

Ok, your argumentativeness knows no end. You are relentless. For that, I give you a smidge of credit.

While I don't agree with what you said, you have the right to say it.

Yes, we are. We are the most free country in history, although our freedoms are being eroded. The US offers the best chance of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness in the world.

No reason for you to feel guilty about it.
I'm not personally guilty about any of it.

Everything you said is subjective and biased. I basically agree, but only because it's all I know. The same holds true for most countries and their cultures. I'm not denying the chance for opportunities here. But, again, "better" is subjective.

I don't see Iran invading one country after another militarily. The Saudis have their hands in a lot of terror strikes against America. Iran is a potential powder keg. Our association with Israel doesn't help. I've nothing against them either, but playing favorites in that place is a crap shoot.

I'm not personally guilty about any of it.

Everything you said is subjective and biased. I basically agree, but only because it's all I know. The same holds true for most countries and their cultures. I'm not denying the chance for opportunities here. But, again, "better" is subjective.

I don't see Iran invading one country after another militarily. The Saudis have their hands in a lot of terror strikes against America. Iran is a potential powder keg. Our association with Israel doesn't help. I've nothing against them either, but playing favorites in that place is a crap shoot.

Syria, Iraq and Yemen say hello.

People who think Iran would be bound by Western notions of deterrence have no clue about the nature of that regime. Religious fanatics known as the foremost state sponsor of terrorism are not bound by our principles and logic. They will use their nukes as soon as they have the opportunity to do so...

• God did not bless the Egyptians when they refused to let the Hebrews go.
  • God did not bless the Philistines Jebusites, Amelkites, Moabites, etc. when he gave Isreal the promise land.
  • God did not bless the Israelites when they abandoned Him and were exiled to Syria and Babylon.
  • God did Jesus did not bless the Pharisees, scribes, Antipas or Herod.
  • God did not bless Judas
Yes, God is partial to His blessings and curses. To say otherwise is just plain ignorant. Only God decides blessing and curses by his own devine judgment, not man's. Although, God also gave us a brain and the gift of discernment through the Holy Spirit. We can easily identify behavior (corporate or individual) that will predispose folks to blessings or curses and identify such. What we can never do is determine when or how He will dole it out.

Reactions: Grayhead
Are you, for the sake of argument, skipping straight to a conclusion that Iran will somehow develop a nuke and a triggering system capable of reaching the US? Israel is never going to allow Iran that capability without a knock down, drag out beating. And as others have said, God Bless Israel if they do. It would be their right and we should be right beside them helping. Though I am certain, with our current "leadership", we would offer little in the way of support for that endeavor. Verifiable? Enforced? Pfft. The idea this administration is working out a deal in our best interest is laughable. And once the deal is broken by the Iranians, who are not trustworthy and never have been, we better pray Israel strikes quick or that we have a leader with the sack to call down the thunder.

I never said anything about Iran being able to strike the US directly. I said a MidEast nuclear war, at a minimum, would escalate throughout Middle East at least and be devastating for that region with effects all over the globe. Israel does not have the capability to destroy all of the Iranian nuclear facilities, they have said so themselves. The problem is the righties want Iran to submit to everyone of their demands. No country in the Middle East would do that especially given the US behavior mainly in Iraq in the last 12-13 years. As far as Israel is concerned we need to be there to protect them if needed. Allowing them to dictate US foreign policy is another. Allowing them to get away with spying on us is another matter as well. I don't trust the Israeli government one bit.

Last edited:
I never said anything about Iran being able to strike the US directly. I said a MidEast nuclear war, at a minimum, would escalate throughout Middle East at least and be devastating for that region with effects all over the globe. Israel does not have the capability to destroy all of the Iranian nuclear facilities, they have said so themselves. The problem is the righties want Iran to submit to everyone of their demands. No country in the Middle East would do that especially given the US behavior mainly in Iraq in the last 12-13 years. As far as Israel is concerned we need to be there to protect them if needed. Allowing them to dictate US foreign policy is another. Allowing them to get away with spying on us is another matter as well. I don't trust the Israeli government one bit.
It would certainly be devastating to Iran. Of course people (righties and lefties) want Iran to submit to all of our demands. That would give us more assurance that they likely wouldn't be able to produce a nuclear weapon. And I don't know I'd be calling out other countries for spying. We have our own "little" issue with that. The list of countries we recently got caught spying on, which included Israel, is pretty long.

It would certainly be devastating to Iran. Of course people (righties and lefties) want Iran to submit to all of our demands. That would give us more assurance that they likely wouldn't be able to produce a nuclear weapon. And I don't know I'd be calling out other countries for spying. We have our own "little" issue with that. The list of countries we recently got caught spying on, which included Israel, is pretty long.

Not just Iran.
Righties seem to say the deal is a bad one, but don't have an alternative proposal except that Iran must agree to every demand we have had. That's unrealistic and Iran will never submit to that. They would just accelerate their program if they were to feel threatened as which is what they have been doing for the last ~13 years. That isn't a solution. Israel has been spying on us for over 40 years and stealing our technology secrets so we have some catching up to do. Bout time we returned the favor to them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT