ADVERTISEMENT

Iran nuclear deal

That could be a potential problem that goes both ways.

True, but, you're the one making the claim, so, I should think the burden of proof is upon you and not LTH.

Just a thought . .

Of course I do. It's always "the oil!" It doesn't change a thing. I'm also not overly obsessed on getting in touch with our enemies feelings. It's laughable to think for one second that we are going to exist peacefully with Iran until they change their leadership. And links to the thoughts and musings of an overly sensitive liberal or libertarian isn't going to change my mind either. Just as my own thoughts aren't going to change yours.

Of course you do? Except you just showed you don't. Which isn't a surprise. Then you followed with declaring you don't really care to know. THAT is typical.

Look at your own country if you want a blueprint for how NOT to exist peacefully. America is one of the most war-drunk countries in the history of the species. The place has only been inhabited by European-descent people for a short time and it's been in wars on a nearly-perpetual basis from the start, even before it was the "united States."

It's nice to see someone who is so stubborn that they revel in being so crystallized. What a contribution to humanity.

Good question. What is a realistic way to wager here? No posting for a certain time period? Cash? I up for most anything as long as you don't mind exchanging contact info when the bet comes due.
Yeah we can exchange contact info. Your Richmond VA, I'm nowheresville FL so a beer will be hard. Maybe a regional gift or something (reasonable) that the other may want and can't get easily. Florida oranges are crap nowadays so think about that before asking. Do you drink beer?

Yeah we can exchange contact info. Your Richmond VA, I'm nowheresville FL so a beer will be hard. Maybe a regional gift or something (reasonable) that the other may want and can't get easily. Florida oranges are crap nowadays so think about that before asking. Do you drink beer?

Yes I do. More than I should probably. We can do a 6 pack or growler from a regional brewery if you like. Luckily for you (if I lose) there are a bunch here that have opened up recently so there is plenty to choose from. Hopefully the same is true down there in case I win. Deal?

Of course you do? Except you just showed you don't. Which isn't a surprise. Then you followed with declaring you don't really care to know. THAT is typical.

Look at your own country if you want a blueprint for how NOT to exist peacefully. America is one of the most war-drunk countries in the history of the species. The place has only been inhabited by European-descent people for a short time and it's been in wars on a nearly-perpetual basis from the start, even before it was the "united States."

It's nice to see someone who is so stubborn that they revel in being so crystallized. What a contribution to humanity.
It was oil. Muhammad Mossadegh, the Iranian prime minister at the time moved to nationalize their oil industry in 1951 and we precipitated his overthrow. Us and Britain had largely been in control of that and of course didn't want that changing.

You are anti-war, we know. Everyone who doesn't agree with you is crystallized.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Yes I do. More than I should probably. We can do a 6 pack or growler from a regional brewery if you like. Luckily for you (if I lose) there are a bunch here that have opened up recently so there is plenty to choose from. Hopefully the same is true down there in case I win. Deal?
That sounds great. Sort of our own beer summit! We have had a little surge in micros here too. Tampa has seen a few and Orlando. Tampa's are better so I will find something there. Personally I'm a an EPA kind of guy so I like the hoppy stuff.

I prefer to go with the intelligence reports I have read.

How'd that work out for Dubya?

Not sure how it worked with Japan...

Well, it went down like this, we dropped a couple big ass bombs, won the war and now Japan loves us. I'd say it worked out pretty well.

Sure. What do you have in mind?

The loser never posts at this board again. Oh, and we get to run their name through the mud forever thereafter. And maybe we can work a public stoning into it too.

It was oil. Muhammad Mossadegh, the Iranian prime minister at the time moved to nationalize their oil industry in 1951 and we precipitated his overthrow. Us and Britain had largely been in control of that and of course didn't want that changing.

And, they're the dangerous ones? That's a pretty cool trick. "Just because we overthrew your elected leader and reinstalled a tyrannical Shah, that's no reason to get mean and take hostages 25 years later. Our intentions were good. The intention was only to get your natural resource cheap and make money off of it ourselves in the process. Is that so WRONG?"

Now, flip that scenario and imagine you're the citizen of the country who's leadership is overthrown by a foreign country's intervention. Then you and yours suffer at the hands of the installed dictator for a few generations.

It's not that I'm anti-war as much as I'm pro-peace. War kills civility. War impedes Liberty. War is the health of the state. And, for individuals like you, It's holding yourself accountable and recognizing your own country's leadership's culpability instead of acting on the impulse that it's "all their fault." That just leads to more innocent deaths and removal of our own liberties.

No, everyone isn't crystallized. But, you seem to be.

How'd that work out for Dubya?

Well, it went down like this, we dropped a couple big ass bombs, won the war and now Japan loves us. I'd say it worked out pretty well.

The loser never posts at this board again. Oh, and we get to run their name through the mud forever thereafter. And maybe we can work a public stoning into it too.

Duyba never read an intelligence report, if he did he might have not gone into Iraq. Doubt it though.

Your order on how we beat Japan is a bit off. Was it before or after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

We already have a better bet. Beer is always a better bet.

That sounds great. Sort of our own beer summit! We have had a little surge in micros here too. Tampa has seen a few and Orlando. Tampa's are better so I will find something there. Personally I'm a an EPA kind of guy so I like the hoppy stuff.

Beer summit it is then! IPA right? I like most anything except the hoppy stuff lately. I like them too but for some reason I get headaches when I drink them. So pretty much anything but that.

I
Beer summit it is then! IPA right? I like most anything except the hoppy stuff lately. I like them too but for some reason I get headaches when I drink them. So pretty much anything but that.

Then it is settled. I do like IPA too. I prefer the extra pales though when they are available.

Ya think? I can't imagine why! What other choice was there?

Damn right!
'Murica!

Duyba never read an intelligence report, if he did he might have not gone into Iraq. Doubt it though.

From wiki - "In the later half of 2002, Central Intelligence Agency reports requested by the Administration contained assertions that Saddam Hussein was intent on reconstituting nuclear weapons programs, had not properly accounted for Iraqi biological weapons and chemical weapons material in violation of UN sanctions, and that some Iraqi missiles had a range greater than allowed by the UN sanctions.[6] In particular, the CIA drew together an October 1, 2002 National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction, pulling together the intelligence, estimations, opinions and judgments of 16 different U.S. intelligence services, including dissenting views or challenges to various assertions. Several versions of this report were or have been produced with varying levels of declassification, inclusion of dissenting opinions, and completeness.[7] President Bush received a one-page summary of the National Intelligence Estimate"

Is the National Intelligence Estimate a "report"? I ask you because you're so smart.

Your order on how we beat Japan is a bit off.

Really? I think I nailed it.

timeline_wwii.jpg

Looks like we dropped two big ass bombs and won the war but again, because you're so smart, I'll yield to your reading skills here.

We already have a better bet. Beer is always a better bet.

Better for who? I was really excited about stoning you.

From wiki - "In the later half of 2002, Central Intelligence Agency reports requested by the Administration contained assertions that Saddam Hussein was intent on reconstituting nuclear weapons programs, had not properly accounted for Iraqi biological weapons and chemical weapons material in violation of UN sanctions, and that some Iraqi missiles had a range greater than allowed by the UN sanctions.[6] In particular, the CIA drew together an October 1, 2002 National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction, pulling together the intelligence, estimations, opinions and judgments of 16 different U.S. intelligence services, including dissenting views or challenges to various assertions. Several versions of this report were or have been produced with varying levels of declassification, inclusion of dissenting opinions, and completeness.[7] President Bush received a one-page summary of the National Intelligence Estimate"

Is the National Intelligence Estimate a "report"? I ask you because you're so smart.

timeline_wwii.jpg

Looks like we dropped two big ass bombs and won the war but again, because you're so smart, I'll yield to your reading skills here.

Better for who? I was really excited about stoning you.[/QUOTE]
that's just one Intelligenc
Damn right!
'Murica!

timeline_wwii.jpg

Better for who? I was really excited about stoning you.

Way to pick and choose one report and go with that. There were plenty of ones the Bush admin didn't read or ignored that showed the opposite.

LOL, your timeline proves my point. You act like we did nothing else to defeat Japan.

You are welcome to come to Richmond and try to stone me. Your excitement level will decrease significantly I'm sure.

Way to pick and choose one report and go with that. There were plenty of ones the Bush admin didn't read or ignored that showed the opposite.

You said, "Duyba never read an intelligence report, if he did he might have not gone into Iraq. Doubt it though." He clearly did. You were wrong. Take your skirt off, man up and admit it.

LOL, your timeline proves my point. You act like we did nothing else to defeat Japan.

If your point was that "we dropped two big ass bombs and won the war", then yeah, the timeline I posted does indeed prove that. You said: "Your order on how we beat Japan is a bit off." If you pick it up where we dropped the bombs, then my statement and the timeline are both correct. If that's not what you meant to say (I'm bending over backwards trying to help you save face here), then say it better.

You are welcome to come to Richmond and try to stone me. Your excitement level will decrease significantly I'm sure.

lol - did you just go all internet tough guy? You must mean business.

3oijn5.jpg

BTW, quoting posts is above your pay grade. I wouldn't attempt it anymore if I were you.

You said, "Duyba never read an intelligence report, if he did he might have not gone into Iraq. Doubt it though." He clearly did. You were wrong. Take your skirt off, man up and admit it.

If your point was that "we dropped two big ass bombs and won the war", then yeah, the timeline I posted does indeed prove that. You said: "Your order on how we beat Japan is a bit off." If you pick it up where we dropped the bombs, then my statement and the timeline are both correct. If that's not what you meant to say (I'm bending over backwards trying to help you save face here), then say it better.

lol - did you just go all internet tough guy? You must mean business.

3oijn5.jpg

BTW, quoting posts is above your pay grade. I wouldn't attempt it anymore if I were you.

The "never" comment was a obvious joke. Not too surprised it went over your head though. My last comment was he picked and chose what reports to read and consider. Not sure why you want me to take off my shirt, but I don't fly that way so I will pass.

Again, you act like nothing else contributed to defeating Japan. I am saying the opposite. Japan would not have surrendered if we had just dropped 2 big ass bombs on them. I took your posts as meaning that.

I thought that was only reserved for you as evidenced by the post that I replied to. Nice picture BTW, that you? Just saying if you want to stone me as you say, I am up for it.

As far as quoting, I don't have the free time nor interest in figuring it out yet. I don't post that often anymore unlike you.

The "never" comment was a obvious joke. .

Jokes are apparently above your pay grade as well. I'd stop trying those too.

Not sure why you want me to take off my shirt, but I don't fly that way so I will pass.

Go back and read the quote. I wrote skirt. Looks like we can add reading to the long list of things that are above your pay grade.

Again, you act like nothing else contributed to defeating Japan. I am saying the opposite. Japan would not have surrendered if we had just dropped 2 big ass bombs on them. I took your posts as meaning that.

I didn't mean that but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that yeah, even if we hadn't done anything else at all, dropping the first two atomic bombs the world had seen would have probably still had Japan throwing up the white flag.

I don't post that often anymore unlike you.

I know. We're all thrilled about it.

Jokes are apparently above your pay grade as well. I'd stop trying those too.

Go back and read the quote. I wrote skirt. Looks like we can add reading to the long list of things that are above your pay grade.

I didn't mean that but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that yeah, even if we hadn't done anything else at all, dropping the first two atomic bombs the world had seen would have probably still had Japan throwing up the white flag.

I know. We're all thrilled about it.

Sorry it went over your head. Getting jokes must be above yours.

You're right you did say that although based on your posting history it would be easy to confuse. I skimmed over it and guessed wrong.

About Japan, if you believe that you don't know your history. That's okay most don't know their history.

I know. I'm all thrilled about it.
FIFY

Do you know WHY they took hostages? Do you have any idea what the motivation for that was based upon? It was wrong to do it, but it helps to try and understand why.

Here's a more objective take on the culture there.

Of course I do. It's always "the oil!" It doesn't change a thing. I'm also not overly obsessed on getting in touch with our enemies feelings. It's laughable to think for one second that we are going to exist peacefully with Iran until they change their leadership. And links to the thoughts and musings of an overly sensitive liberal or libertarian isn't going to change my mind either. Just as my own thoughts aren't going to change yours.

But in reality I showed I did know what I was talking about. It was about the oil. But you then, because you can't stand it when you aren't right, went on and said I showed I didn't. Then I proceeded to lay out the facts for you, since I can only guess you weren't aware of what actually happened, with my next post.

Then you proceeded on like you were this genius who had a point but in reality you didn't and everything after that was blah blah blah. Maybe if you didn't dismiss people when they are correct you would be taken seriously. But instead, you are seen as contentious and smug. In fact, I'd say you are "crystallized".

But in reality I showed I did know what I was talking about. It was about the oil. But you then, because you can't stand it when you aren't right, went on and said I showed I didn't. Then I proceeded to lay out the facts for you, since I can only guess you weren't aware of what actually happened, with my next post.

Then you proceeded on like you were this genius who had a point but in reality you didn't and everything after that was blah blah blah. Maybe if you didn't dismiss people when they are correct you would be taken seriously. But instead, you are seen as contentious and smug. In fact, I'd say you are "crystallized".
I'm well aware of Operation Ajax. I knew that to start with. Congratulations, you knew it, too. Happy now!? Is it about oil? Sure. It's also about overthrowing a democratically-elected leader and installing a dictator. Is that how America should set examples worldwide? If so, we got exactly what we asked for.

How did I dismiss you? I gave you a chance to be empathetic, that's all.

I'm well aware of Operation Ajax. I knew that to start with. Congratulations, you knew it, too. Happy now!? Is it about oil? Sure. It's also about overthrowing a democratically-elected leader and installing a dictator. Is that how America should set examples worldwide? If so, we got exactly what we asked for.

How did I dismiss you? I gave you a chance to be empathetic, that's all.
It did not seem as if you did know, since you immediately "dismissed" my answer with "Of course you do? Except you just showed you don't." I keep quoting that for you. And yes I'm happy you admit you were wrong to say I didn't know what I was talking about. And no I am not going to be either sympathetic or empathetic in regards to Iran. I think I have been clear about that here.

It did not seem as if you did know, since you immediately "dismissed" my answer with "Of course you do? Except you just showed you don't." I keep quoting that for you. And yes I'm happy you admit you were wrong to say I didn't know what I was talking about. And no I am not going to be either sympathetic or empathetic in regards to Iran. I think I have been clear about that here.
Yeah, that's best. It's not like actions have consequences or anything.

LMFAO . .

Yeah, he's single-handediy killing this country.

Truth be told, you and all of your republican party should be partly to blame . . . If, only you boys would've won the 2012 POTUS election, you would've saved all of us, and our country too. But alas, you let all of us down, because you let Obozo win a second election.

Isn't my fault so many idiots voted for him.

Congrats,you sound juist like a typical liberal,always blaming somebody else.LOL! Anybody who voted for Obozo had no sense period.

I am a typical liberal . . you, however, seem like more of a typical republican crybaby. Unable to produce a candidate that can beat Obama in a second POTUS election, you resort to calling our great President various names.

#somethingsneverchange

Last edited:
Oh wait, I'm sorry if I offended you . . . you know, you being a moderator and all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT