ADVERTISEMENT

Is It Hot Enough for Ya . . . ?

Fuggin-A. I have to play golf @ 12:30 today in Greensboro. Prayed all last night that the guy would email or call me and suggest bowling instead. No such luck.

Gonna need a bigger thermometer.
110531084444_thermometerhot.jpg

This kind of weather kills. Lots of elderly folks suffer this time of year. Also those who cannot afford HVAC.
Speaking on that note, I grew up with no ac and a wood heater for winter. We lived in a cinder block house. Never knew I was poor till I was a bit older. I could not do it now

can't imagine living in a cinder block house...holy shit, that's frightening.

i'm going for a run at 5:30 so if something happens, it's real y'all.

go heels!

Its was a summer fishing cottage originally. I literally grew up with very little. I appreciate creature comforts these days. We finally purchased a place with ac shortly after I turned 16. Had a garden, worked the local area for seafood, we faired good food wise. Just lacked in many areas. It was very rural in this coastal town so not many jobs available. I Dont begrudge being poor growing up. Had loving family values I still hold to today. My little girl doesn't experience these things because how society is today. We had family reunions each holiday with 60 or more people. We struggle to get that many when someone dies. I would gladly trade ac for values like that

VERY VERY hot in the Triangle. I stopped by Sheetz today just to hang out in their walk-in beer cooler for a bit .. it's 35 degrees in there. Kept pretending like I was shopping but I got 10 good minutes out of it. Then bought a bottle of water and left :cool:

It was 94 here today and the relative humidity was over 70% I think. It was a hot day to lay pipe but I made it through it.

Reactions: BillyL
Guys, since moving back to NC from dook north (nj), I'm still trying to get acclimated. Sweating like a balloon filled with water and pinholes poked in it.

Lol. Happy to be in NC.

After living in the Pacific Northwest for 5 years, I realized how much I missed having four distinct seasons. I like both cold and hot weather. But....

This is ridiculous. A few days or a week of hot weather is fine. But we've already had, what, a week of temperatures above 95? And the 10-day forecast is showing highs of at least 96 degrees with a handful of days topping 100. If we get back down to 90 it's going to feel glorious.

Like Grayhead said, this is dangerous weather. Stay hydrated if you have to be outside. Also, watch for signs of heat exhaustion in the elderly and pets. Bring your pets inside if you can, but absolutely make sure they have shade and clean drinking water at the least.

Reactions: HookUNC75
Its a really nice 80 degrees here in Reston, and only going to 83 . . .

images

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT