ADVERTISEMENT

It Ain't Rodon- hold on- apparently Debbie Yow stepped in to manage

UNC71-00

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 25, 2003
Brad Stone starting foe Moo as reported by Twitter.

EDIT- Nope, State makes the move to Rodon.
This post was edited on 6/20 7:46 PM by UNC71-00

Re: It Ain't Rodon

If Moo's staff believes they are going to beat us without Rodon they are mistaken. If this is true we win tomorrow and moo goes home.

This post was edited on 6/19 8:31 PM by UNC '92

Even if true, it doesn't mean a lot, unless we can get a quick 3-4 runs before they pull him (unlikely in this monstrous ball park). It's "end of season for the loser" tonight, so any pitcher, on either team, that can't find the plate without giving up a series of easy hits will quickly find himself taking a seat in the dugout. IMHO, Rodon WILL pitch - I suspect that they're hoping to get through the first 5-6 innings without getting more than a run behind using other pitchers, and if the game is still close at that point, Rodon will likely take the mound to close it out.

Wouldn't surprise me to see BOTH teams go to a variation of what Mississippi St is doing (and reportedly has done throughout the year) in treating the entire pitching staff like a group of closers - plan to keep a pitcher in the game only for a few innings in any event, and bring in a fresh pitcher after 3 or so innings with a different look, different stuff, and not having to hold back anything because he's going to be pitching for 7-8 innings. Seems to be working for them at least, and both Carolina and the Pack have a number of solid pitchers in which such a rotation could be very effective.

I think the only way we don't see Rodon tonight is if it's a blowout (either way).

We haven't seen Stone yet this year I believe.

Also, this is as "official" as you can get re: Stone starting tonight. Moo's baseball Twitter account posted it.

It just doesn't make sense for ncstatelol to use Rodon tonight....if they use him tonight, they can't use him in EITHER game against UCLA (assuming they'd win the first game). While the majority of the fanbase would be cool with that because it would have meant NCSULOL knocked out Carolina.....surely their manager Avent isn't that short-sighted.

The Pack kinda have to gut it out tonight without Rodon, otherwise their prospects for advancing further looking grim.

I agree with that assessment THNation, that's what I figure has to be in Avent's head.

Just heard from a couple of state fans than Rodon is now the starter. Can anyone confirm?

Heard Rodon too. Obviously, Avent cares more about beating us than he does winning the NC. Oh well, hope we kick his butt.

I thought about that too. But just think about all the crap he would catch from all the short sighted state fans if he didn't pitch Rodon tonight. Just glad Avent left him for the whole game on Sunday.

Originally posted by 1heeler:
Just heard from a couple of state fans than Rodon is now the starter. Can anyone confirm?
State's official baseball twitter account -- @NCStateBaseball -- just tweeted that Rodon is starting

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:
Originally posted by 1heeler:
State's official baseball twitter account -- @NCStateBaseball -- just tweeted that Rodon is starting
Crackride seems to think the same....

NC State Baseball
@NCStateBaseball
#Rodon was going to be available out of bullpen, decision made this afternoon to start him instead. #CWS #wunltd http://t.co/hzqaaUI8qS

I saw it too, TH11. Bring him on- I am glad we get another crack at him.

But this does confirm what multiple people have said on this board as of late- Moo will do whatever it takes to beat us and damn the torpedoes.

don't think avent would prefer beating unc rather than winning the NC ... think avent knows that he has to beat unc just to get a shot at the nc ... however - go heels !!!

I think it's safe to say we're pretty much in the same situation. We can't afford to take any chances if we have a chance to seal a win tonight. Everyone should be available to do whatever is necessary to get us to tomorrow night. Only difference is that we don't have a single pitcher with Rodon's impact, so Avent has a more obvious choice than does Fox as to who to play.

Frankly, I hope it is Rodent. He pitched over 100 against us Sunday and hasn't had as much rest. Plus, we started hitting him at the end, so let him fire 2-3 innings worth and I doubt he will be the same guy he was Sunday. Besides that, we are starting to hit the ball and if we can hit him, they will shard their collective panties all over sheep fondler nation.

Bring it pig molesters!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT