ADVERTISEMENT

It truly must be an awful existence....

TarHeelNation11

Hall of Famer
Mar 9, 2007
Lowell, NC
...being a Wolpfack fan. Their obsession with their "crusade" of "informing the world" about the Great Unpleasantness just seems like it's usurping every second of their day and every fiber of their being. There's countless example all over social media and the Internet. It doesn't matter if you're affiliated with UNC or not, if you tweet anything about UNC athletics or write any article about UNC, even as simple as a season preview, there's 90% odds that the comment section will feature a fine Moo specimen stating some garbled message with the words "death penalty .... tarnished ... going to class .... conspiracy ... Swofford ... cheating."

Wolpfies must sit on Google and Twitter (no doubt they divide the territories among themselves for better, more thorough trolling and "gospel-spreading") all day, hitting F5 on their search queries, waiting for any new tweet or article to pop up so they can POUNCE to that comment section, and RIFLE OFF a snarky question/comment or two. You can find these examples anywhere, but here's one I saw last night:

Follow
Bucky BrooksVerified account‏@BuckyBrooks
Really digging the new @TarHeelFootball uniforms. Nobody's blue is like #OurBlue #GoHeels

Retweet
Favorite
More
CDKDRbxWYAEjNNN.jpg

CDKDRdhW8AAOiVD.jpg

5:49 PM - 21 Apr 2015

Okay cool. NFL Network analyst and former Tar Heel Football player Bucky Brooks casually states that he likes the new Carolina digs. Now, BB is a fairly obscure follow for a Wolpfie, but rest assured, FackNation was all over this tweet too. Four comments down, an undoubtedly genius, successful, and powerful space engineer and UNC-R alumnus states the following:
  1. Steven Webb ‏@WebbNchba 13h13 hours ago

@BuckyBrooks @TarHeelFootball Will they get to wear them when they receive the "death penalty?"

*clapping emoji* Well done, Mr. Webb! Excellent retort. Congratulations, you have successfully sleuth'd and scoured the Webz to locate a positive Tweet from a rather obscure (or at least he's from 20 years ago) former Carolina player and did you hold back? Uhm, is the Strength of the Pack the Wolf?!? You're damn right it is. Well done Mr. Webb. You sir, are one of the strong legionaries of the Wolpfack Army.

But seriously though, WPN has issues. Like their obsession is unhealthy and it continually amazes me each day. They have a 4+ page thread on CrackRide (as of last night) about OUR new uniform and brand. They need help. I don't think it's any coincidence that they've been terrible at everything for so long. I gotta believe that's karma doing its thing.

**llama hand signal** THN11 out.

It doesn't matter if you're affiliated with UNC or not, if you tweet anything about UNC athletics or write any article about UNC, even as simple as a season preview....
This, this, this. Twitter and internet sports/news sites are full of this garbage. I wonder if the allowed anonymity of those venues encourages it, but I'm sure it's just as bad on Facebook. WRAL recently changed its policies to require a Facebook login to post comments. Not sure whether that has helped.

Rival fan bases naturally take digs at each other from time to time. But the fanatical devotion of wolpfack fans goes well beyond the usual terms of engagement. Like you said, whenever I see a UNC article/tweet these days, I'm surprised when there isn't somebody taking a shot at UNC in the comments/responses, and even more surprised if it isn't a wuffie. There are some serious mental imbalances present in that lot.

For better or worse, I'm ready for a verdict from the NCAA. The uncertainty is part of what's fueling the current hostilities IMO. Despite most pig-molesters being dissatisfied with the first round of penalties, most of the clamor died down shortly after they were handed down. So let's just pull the band-aid off and be done with it.

Last edited:
This, this, this. Twitter and internet sports/news sites are full of this garbage. I wonder if the allowed anonymity of those venues encourages it, but I'm sure it's just as bad on Facebook. WRAL recently changed its policies to require a Facebook login to post comments. Not sure whether that has helped.

Rival fan bases naturally take digs at each other from time to time. But the fanatical devotion of wolpfack fans goes well beyond the usual terms of engagement. Like you said, whenever I see a UNC article/tweet these days, I'm surprised when there isn't somebody taking a shot at UNC in the comments/responses, and even more surprised if it isn't a wuffie. There are some serious mental imbalances present in that lot.

For better or worse, I'm ready for a verdict from the NCAA. The uncertainty is part of what's fueling the current hostilities IMO. Despite most pig-molesters being dissatisfied with the first round of penalties, most of the clamor died down shortly after they were handed down. So let's just pull the band-aid off and be done with it.

Many of us said decades before this mess that the average Wuffie hates UNC more than he loves MooU. There should be no doubt about it now. Wuffie obsession over UNC is pathological. I grew up with the SEC fans being nuts, and not one SEC fan base (not even Auburn on Bama) is as deeply disturbed as Wuffies.

I wish the ghost of Moo grad Bill Friday would appear to all Wufs and order them to take a stand for integrity in college sports by demaning that MooU leave the ACC and play non-scholarship D3 sports. To be shed of Wuffie insanity forever would be to bnreath in a type of paradise.

Reactions: Raising Heel
I wish nothing but misery and despair for them all for eternity. Pain and sickness. Hurt and sorrow. Forever.

Many of us said decades before this mess that the average Wuffie hates UNC more than he loves MooU. There should be no doubt about it now. Wuffie obsession over UNC is pathological. I grew up with the SEC fans being nuts, and not one SEC fan base (not even Auburn on Bama) is as deeply disturbed as Wuffies.

I have proof of that very thing. Not once, but twice verified. Worked with a moo grad several years ago. Really nice guy, aside from that wolpfies thing. Anyhoo, right after yet another loss to Roy on the hardwood the guy was just in a foul mood. Not letting the opportunity pass, I asked him if he had the choice of winning every single game in a season, including the national championship with the exception of losing twice to UNC or losing every single game and beating UNC twice... and before I finished he said "Beating UNC!". I had been halfway kidding, but got serious and asked if he really meant it. He said just as stone faced as he could be: "Yep!". I was floored.

So not too long after that my BIL had that same conversation. Again before I could even finish he said without hesitation that beating UNC trumped everything INCLUDING winning a national championship. With the BIL I went further. I asked if that were the case in any sport, including football. He said it did. He didn't care about a national championship as much as beating UNC.

I told them both that was the problem with wolpfies. They are so focused on beating UNC that the can't see how ridiculous they are. I would take losing to them and winning it all any day and twice on Sunday. Yes, as much as I loathe losing to those morons, the big picture is more important to me.

ADVERTISEMENT