ADVERTISEMENT

JP Tokoto Drafted by the Sixers

tarh33ls

Hall of Famer
Dec 15, 2006
Congrats to the young man. Going to a team devoid of a lot of talent so hopefully he will get the chance to carve out a niche. Show Okafor a thing or two! Best of luck with his NBA career.

Reactions: CJBlue
He gave the Heels three good years so I hope he excels at the next level

He is probably the most athletic player in this draft. If he can shoot 4-5 hours a day for a while then he might just make it at the Nba level. I wish him nothing but the best in the future...

Reactions: CJBlue
I'm happy he got drafted, but definitely thought it would be higher given his recent workouts and upside.

Could be good that he went to Philly, there should be plenty of playing time available since they're the worst franchise in the NBA, just hoping that doesn't stunt his growth.

Noel/Embiid/Okafor???? Does anyone in that front office have a clue?!?!?!

Congrats to the young man. Going to a team devoid of a lot of talent so hopefully he will get the chance to carve out a niche. Show Okafor a thing or two! Best of luck with his NBA career.
Agree 100%
I adopted Air Pierre as my "favorite" back to when he was recruited, and yes, he drove me absolutely crazy at times with the "Good JP / Bad JP" bipolar performances, and honestly his early departure was probably the wisest move for all concerned... but he has a world of innate ability and those Vince Carter hops.
"Vin-sanity" developed his perimeter game in the pros, hopefully JP will get the chance to do the same. He may not ever become an All-Star but I really hope he sticks and does well for himself in the league.

I'm happy he got drafted, but definitely thought it would be higher given his recent workouts and upside.

Could be good that he went to Philly, there should be plenty of playing time available since they're the worst franchise in the NBA, just hoping that doesn't stunt his growth.

Noel/Embiid/Okafor???? Does anyone in that front office have a clue?!?!?!

No jumper and a little bit of "baggage" at the college level. Lack of effort stuff, weird interview with stuffed toy etc. Unless you are a high level player stuff like that can dock you some spots.

Wishing JP well in all areas here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT