ADVERTISEMENT

Junior Day for the basketball game

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
If we could get commitments from DTs Kyree Campbell and Dexter Lawrence and LB Jaquan Yulee, we would send a lightening storm across the world of football recruiting.

I think/hear we are in good shape with Yulee , have a good chance with Campbell , but Lawrence is enamored with the Gators.

The primary reason I am going to remain optimistic that at leaston the D side our recuiting can go well this year is Chizik. Never before has UNC, or almost any school in the countrym, had a DC who won a national title as HC and as DC and before that built the best D in the SEC. Having such a man become our DC means we can get good hearings and sencodn and third long, open looks, that we before would not have gotten.

The secondary reason is that we have Papuchis on staff, as a position coach. We have a position coach who was DC at not just any old P5 school, but at one which has one of the 10 or so best football histories nationwide.

The third reason is Warren, who is a skilled recruiter, so skilled that even with just 1 year at Nebraska, the new HC Riley wanted him, and him alone, kept on the new staff to close out the recruiting.

I think that trio will impress quite a few players who last year would have tuned us out rather quickly. They arew going to revitalize the UNC D and bring back the glory. I think 2015 will be the learning year, and that in 2016 we will se a UNC D that reminds us of the best Mack era Ds.

This weekend certainly can't hurt our chances, but the big fish typically don't commit this early in the recruiting cycle. Fortunately, not as many wait until NSD anymore but I'll fall out of my chair if any of these guys commit this weekend.

Originally posted by HeelFan58:
, but Lawrence is enamored with the Gators.
Simply cannot have that
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by nolegeorge:
Simply cannot have that
3dgrin.r191677.gif
I agree, and not just because we need him. We need to keep more players in the ACC and away from the SEC. So if he won't be a Tar Heel, I hope he goes to Clemson or another ACC school rather the SEC.

That school in Durham and the one in Raleigh are omitted, naturally.

Originally posted by WoadBlue:

Originally posted by nolegeorge:

Simply cannot have that
3dgrin.r191677.gif
I agree, and not just because we need him. We need to keep more players in the ACC and away from the SEC. So if he won't be a Tar Heel, I hope he goes to Clemson or another ACC school rather the SEC.

That school in Durham and the one in Raleigh are omitted, naturally.
100% agree WB

the problem i see it is that with chizic every one recruiting against us is telling recruits that chizic is too big for carolina and won't be staying.

ADVERTISEMENT