ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Williams Loves UNC...

Just saying before going on and on about how much he loves it... remember he is only here because Shaka left. Glad he is here. But, he didn't love us above all.

Just saying before going on and on about how much he loves it... remember he is only here because Shaka left. Glad he is here. But, he didn't love us above all.

He's here now. That's all that I'm worried about.

No- it's more like the hot girl who agreed to go to prom gets horribly disfigured so you kick her to the curb then go with option 2 who turns out to be pretty hot after all and you try to pretend number 1 never existed when all of number 2's family and friends are asking you why you waited so long to ask number 2 and would you have really asked number 2 if number 1 wasn't now wearing a bag over her head and you try to play it off and pretend it never happened. If you are going to use the girl analogy- get it right.

No- it's more like the hot girl who agreed to go to prom gets horribly disfigured so you kick her to the curb then go with option 2 who turns out to be pretty hot after all and you try to pretend number 1 never existed when all of number 2's family and friends are asking you why you waited so long to ask number 2 and would you have really asked number 2 if number 1 wasn't now wearing a bag over her head and you try to play it off and pretend it never happened. If you are going to use the girl analogy- get it right.

Well, dang Ed, sorry...but she has a GREAT personality! o_O

Then you wonder if he will dump girl number 2 if she gets hit by a train too. = ( Gotta be wary of those shallow types!

No doubt- but with the unknowns about the coming sanctions- number 2 might look dog ugly before all is said and done.
...well, except for that there will be no coming sanctions.
C'mon, bro. Here's the deal:
Shaka is a slick recruiter. He formed a close personal relationship with the kid. He also used VCU's proximity (which is important to him) and the (true) pitch that KW would see the floor much more as a freshman at VCU than at UNC. I have little doubt Smart threw in some negative recruiting as well. All that worked ... at least until Shaka flew the coop.
So yes, UNC is and was KW's dream school --- in fact, that was well known during his recruitment. The aforementioned factors overcame that for a while. It's also probably a factor (from what I understand) that Roy didn't make him as much of a priority the first time around as he did on the re-do.

But I agree --- glad he is here.

reminds me of the coaches (fill in school) that recruit a kid 'cause you're (fill in school) after him, you don't really need the kid you just don't want the other coach/team to land him.
Roy is a decent enough fellow to not go into Shaka's back yard when the kid was already committed. De-commit and a week later...I sure hope he is a solid contributor to the Heels successes this coming season.

Thank you gary-7 for reminding those that haven't read up yet to please read Wainstein.

He's ours now and I'm thrilled to have him. He fills a specific need and seems to be a quality individual.

From a couple of reports I've read he's a quality student too.... always handy in the current environment!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT