ADVERTISEMENT

Koenning Canned

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:
Feldman has a propensity to be wrong. So I'm waiting on another source. Even IC didnt have that scoop
Footballscoop says Koenning might be named DC at Troy.

If so, I would like for him to take the entire D staff.

Originally posted by WoadBlue:

Feldman has a propensity to be wrong. So I'm waiting on another source. Even IC didnt have that scoop

I need a "like" button for this one!

Can I pray we get someone like DJ Durkin?

GO HEELS!!!

Tim

Originally posted by TimBornBlue:

I need a "like" button for this one!

Can I pray we get someone like DJ Durkin?

GO HEELS!!!

Tim
Durkin who brings Brad Lawing with him.

And bring back Thig!!!
Thigpen is a great recruiter and could be central to us securing the kind of talent on D we need to win the ACC. But he is not known for being a great posirtion coach and I have seen nothing in him that says he is remotely close to ready for a DC job.

Thigpen I would like to have back as LB coach and Recruiting Coordinator.

I'll take:

DC: Durkin (500k)

D-Line: Lawing (400k)

Lb: Thig (350k)

Only problem with this scenario is that we will never pay the money it would take to get any of those guys.

All three make more than our three "Co-Coordinators" each of them is at 250k

GO HEELS!!!

Tim

I'll take:

Only problem with this scenario is that we will never pay the money it would take to get any of those guys.

GO HEELS!!!

Tim
Don't bet your house on that.

Originally posted by UNC_Blue:

I'll take:

GO HEELS!!!

Tim
Don't bet your house on that.
PLEASE.....I hope I am completely wrong!!! Come On HEELS!!!!

Tim

Would hate to lose Gilmore. He has a good relationship with some of our incoming d-line recruits. I think he did a decent job under the circumstances ie. Koenning's defensive scheme.

Originally posted by ACokeForRoy:
Would hate to lose Gilmore. He has a good relationship with some of our incoming d-line recruits. I think he did a decent job under the circumstances ie. Koenning's defensive scheme.
Yes, but Lawing is special. Getting him back would be a plus.

Saw on Twitter that Disch would call the bowl game and possibly be promoted...But have also seen that they may go for someone else. Who knows?

Originally posted by pesports21:
Saw on Twitter that Disch would call the bowl game and possibly be promoted...But have also seen that they may go for someone else. Who knows?
Disch is not being promoted...

Like I said - Saw it listed in the tweet that said he would call the bowl game. Didn't say it was the gospel, but you never know. I have seen stranger things...

wink.r191677.gif

I heard that when Fedora fired him, Vic tried to tackle him, but missed!!
This post was edited on 12/11 6:08 PM by mahncpa1

Originally posted by UNC_Blue:
Originally posted by pesports21:
Disch is not being promoted...
Hopefully not.

2015 is going to be a lot of fun if we get the right guy.

Randy Shannon would be an awesome and realistic candidate. There is no shortage of defensive coaches on the market right now, maybe Bubba can push through something that will surprise us.

How about bringing back Butch?
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by uncboy10:

Randy Shannon would be an awesome and realistic candidate. There is no shortage of defensive coaches on the market right now, maybe Bubba can push through something that will surprise us.

wink.r191677.gif
Shannon would be a realisitc candidate because he is just an LB coach. He is just an LB coach because that may be all he ever was as a DC. He did not build that great Miami D: Butch as HC and Greg Schiano as DC did. Shannon inherited far and away the most talented D in the country when they left. And the super recruiting on D continued for years. Whenever the Miami Ds under Shannon faced offenses with less talent, they looked good or great. When they faced an offense with great talent, like LSU or Louisville, they often got exposed - and sometimes it lloked like Shannon's Ds were as badly coached as ours have been, with considerably more talent.

There is a reason SEC teams have made no effort to hire Shannon as a DC.

Hadn't really thought about it, Woad, but you make some good points. Even after Coker took over with Shannon as his DC, Miami kept rolling over most of their Big East competition. The drop in the Canes' performance didn't happen until they joined the ACC and faced better competition on a weekly basis.

Originally posted by uncboy10:

wink.r191677.gif
Shannon would be a realisitc candidate because he is just an LB coach. He is just an LB coach because that may be all he ever was as a DC. He did not build that great Miami D: Butch as HC and Greg Schiano as DC did. Shannon inherited far and away the most talented D in the country when they left. And the super recruiting on D continued for years. Whenever the Miami Ds under Shannon faced offenses with less talent, they looked good or great. When they faced an offense with great talent, like LSU or Louisville, they often got exposed - and sometimes it lloked like Shannon's Ds were as badly coached as ours have been, with considerably more talent.

There is a reason SEC teams have made no effort to hire Shannon as a DC.
I'm still holding out hope for Ellis, but Shannon to me seems like the kind of hire Carolina would make. Which is unfortunate given the very valid points you just made.

Right now "looking great against offenses with less talent" would be a good start.

Originally posted by HeelFan58:

Right now "looking great against offenses with less talent" would be a good start.
Aint that the truth.

In fact, looking average against offenses with less talent would be a definite step up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT