ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like you guys flipped Chazz Surratt

http://duke.247sports.com/Bolt/BREAKING-Chazz-Surratt-decommitting-from-Duke-37945076

"According to sources, three-Star 2016 QB Chazz Surratt is decommitting from Duke and will be committing to North Carolina. Despite his verbal commitment to the Blue Devils in April, the Tar Heels continued to recruit Surratt.

The final piece of the puzzle for Surratt to flip, according to sources, was the UNC coaching staff promising Surratt's younger brother, Sage, a walk-on spot on the Tar Heels' basketball team."

LOL...all's fair ladies!

Last edited:
More good news coming for the 'Heels...;)
whaaaat-cat.gif

Reactions: BillyL and uncboy10
Awesome news! Great character kid. Not only will he help the football and basketball teams, but he will help recruit great quality kids like himself to the Hill as well.

Go Heels!!

Reactions: Jarrod Hardy
I was in the grocery store when I got my text alert on this news, I let out a very loud woohoo ... fortunately there wasn't a lot of folks in the store at the time.

Ya gotta just love it, picking the pockets of those dOOkies . .

Welcome to the Hill, Chazz . . . !

Reactions: Raising Heel
And the butthurt is already strong with the Dukies. Check out the recruiting thread on their football site.

Now that he's decommitted, he suddenly is "an idiot" and a "moron" and makes bad decisions, etc etc etc. I know every fanbase does it, but it's amazing how people can be so quick to turn on a recruit and bad mouth him one day after singing his praises.

Just glad that Surratt is coming to Chapel Hill.. As a local supporter I am impressed by his skillset. The guy is an absolute baller and Im excited he will be in Carolina Blue

Reactions: Jarrod Hardy
Just glad that Surratt is coming to Chapel Hill.. As a local supporter I am impressed by his skillset. The guy is an absolute baller and Im excited he will be in Carolina Blue

He is a baller, but I do not like a QB trying to play another sport. QB is simply too demanding.

Reactions: bobby121567
And the butthurt is already strong with the Dukies. Check out the recruiting thread on their football site.

Now that he's decommitted, he suddenly is "an idiot" and a "moron" and makes bad decisions, etc etc etc. I know every fanbase does it, but it's amazing how people can be so quick to turn on a recruit and bad mouth him one day after singing his praises.
He did make a bad decision: going against his heart and committing to dook. He and his family are all Carolina.

He is a baller, but I do not like a QB trying to play another sport. QB is simply too demanding.

I know what you are saying, but it seemed to work out pretty well for Russell Wilson. Well, that is until TOB ran him off.

I know what you are saying, but it seemed to work out pretty well for Russell Wilson. Well, that is until TOB ran him off.

What I think of is Ron Curry. Almost every scout rated him both among the Top 2 QBs and PGs in his class. And while he had a decent career as UNC QB, even as a senior he made mental mistakes - just as he did at PG his final season. Curry continued to play like a freshman or sophomore with promise but lacking fundamentals. I think that was due to the fact that he could not work on mastering his position in 1 sport. I think Curry could have become a truly 1st rate PG or QB, but not both. Nor he could become truly great at 1 while playing the other.

I've watched Chazz play since he was a freshman. He's been on two undefeated state championship teams at my high school. sooo happy he wants to be a Tarheel. He is a winner pure and simple.

What is this rumor?
Deana's post was about Chazz flipping, but she also suggested his younger brother Sage would commit to UNC as well. That was incorrect. Chazz was interviewed yesterday and said his brother will make his own decision. Still, having Chazz at UNC bodes well for the Heels' recruitment of Sage.

And @WoadBlue, don't forget that Curry's development was severely hampered by a torn Achilles. He was never quite the same after that IMO.

Eh, flips happen, the fact that it's UNC is kinda annoying but whatever.

What does bug me is he didn't even have the balls to call Cut himself, he had to get his dad to do it for him. If that's the type of guy he is, good riddance.

Woad didn't say it never has worked. But their is probally more where that didn't work out than did. But it is possible. If we are naming people that handled it. The demand. Go no further than last couple years and Jamis Winston.

Eh, flips happen, the fact that it's UNC is kinda annoying but whatever.

What does bug me is he didn't even have the balls to call Cut himself, he had to get his dad to do it for him. If that's the type of guy he is, good riddance.
Like I said, all fanbases have elements that do the same thing. Just wanted to rip on y'all cuz it's Duke. You understand :p

In y'all's position, I'd be kinda pissed though. Carolina is stocked at QB, so that would make it sting all the more.

Your '16 class is still quite strong. Y'all will be more than fine.

Like I said, all fanbases have elements that do the same thing. Just wanted to rip on y'all cuz it's Duke. You understand :p

In y'all's position, I'd be kinda pissed though. Carolina is stocked at QB, so that would make it sting all the more.

Your '16 class is still quite strong. Y'all will be more than fine.

I'm ecstatic about our 2016 class so far. It's literally the strongest class in my lifetime.

Well, I will tell you from PERSONAL experience that your coach has NO problem screwing kids over and not "having the balls to call them himself" either. Happened to a youth football camp I helped put together a few years ago. We contacted all the NC ACC coaches as well as other smaller colleges to ask if any would be willing to come talk to the kids or give any of their time. While we didn't get any Div. I coaches to come, EVERY ONE of the ACC coaches we contacted called back themselves or had someone on their staff contact us EXCEPT for Cut and dook. Not one person with the dook organization "had the balls" to tell us to they couldn't come or even to screw off. This was after repeated phone calls by the camp organizer just to try to get a response. Every other coach we talked to was gracious and wished us well with the camp even when they had to turn us down, most because of prior commitments. We ended up with Elon's head coach, Ricky Proehl and a few college players who came and talked to the kids so it turned out great, but as far as I am concerned dook and Cut are about as classless as they come. We knew getting big time coaches there was a stretch but if you don't ask they certainly won't come. At least the rest of them, INCLUDING TOBy, were gracious enough to let us know they couldn't make it.

As far as I am concerned nothing any player does to screw dook over is a bad thing as long as Cut is there because he deserves everything he gets.

This was mentioned recently in a thread on premium, but has been discussed on this board too, but Cutcliffe isn't quite the "good ol' grandpa" he portrays himself to be in the media.

Love him or hate him, at least it's refreshing to see that Fedora's personality is genuine and not just an act for the media. I feel pretty confident saying that because of things I've read, heard, and seen, not all of them football-related.

That's all a topic for a new thread though. The OP was nice enough to offer congratulations. I don't really want to turn this particular thread into a Duke-bashing thread.

Woad didn't say it never has worked. But their is probally more where that didn't work out than did. But it is possible. If we are naming people that handled it. The demand. Go no further than last couple years and Jamis Winston.

Julius Mother F'ing Peppers pulled it off pretty well. There are plenty of athletes who have, but I do think it is much more rare these days and I see no reason that the trend won't continue.

Julius Mother F'ing Peppers pulled it off pretty well. There are plenty of athletes who have, but I do think it is much more rare these days and I see no reason that the trend won't continue.
We are talking QBs. There is a lot more preparation responsibility and practice needed to be a QB than a DE

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT