ADVERTISEMENT

LSU focused on the Heels

timammer

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 5, 2005
My bayou friends have been hounding me since the post season began. They feel disrespected. They claim to be the real #1 team, and to hold the #1 ranking in virtually every poll other than the one that matters. Here is a write up about the Heels from an LSU perspective. It actually is very complimentary at times, particularly at the end. However, the parenthetical's after a list a Tar Heel alumni inaccurately describes their accomplishments. Such as, "Michael Jordan (Fruit of the Loom Pitchman, Professional Gambler)". Here's the link:

http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2013/6/13/4426550/better-know-an-opponent-unc

I was a little surprised to see the Heels get the #1 seed after the way they limped to the regular-season finish line. But who cares, really? Once you get the Super Regionals, you can throw the seedings out the window. Any team there has the chance to beat any other team there. That goes double for Omaha. Anyone whining about the number next to their name -- or lack thereof -- is focused on all the wrong things at this point in the season. Thankfully, college baseball doesn't have the BCS and it will all get sorted out.

And I am sooooo tired of the SEC teams giving their other conference members a reach-around at every opportunity. Do they do this for their Olympic sports, too? All the smack talk and conference braggadocio? "You ain't never seen nothing like SEC 110-meter hurdles, fool!" Over it.

Tigers had better focus on UCLA first. I'd love to play them, though. Great program, great tradition, and was one of the three teams I thought had the best shot to win it all heading into the tournament.

I was surprised to confirm that they did have the highest attendance numbers over the last 5 years, and that their new stadium (2009 - same as The Bosh) seats 15k. So many more LoSe U fans to upset with our Heels victory! Okay, I'll settle down and wait to see if we both survive our next opponents first.

Originally posted by timammer:
I was surprised to confirm that they did have the highest attendance numbers over the last 5 years, and that their new stadium (2009 - same as The Bosh) seats 15k. So many more LoSe U fans to upset with our Heels victory! Okay, I'll settle down and wait to see if we both survive our next opponents first.
LSU averages more fans per game for baseball than basketball.

Originally posted by WoadBlue:
LSU averages more fans per game for baseball than basketball.
There's a reason
smile.r191677.gif

Trust me.. These LSPoo fans think they're great, in everything.
Obviously they're a top notch program and they have a huge following. Although, that town sucks and they nothing better to do.

Just hope the Heels get it together and catch fire and blow past everyone!

Go Heels!!

Originally posted by Raising Heel:

Originally posted by NoLaHeel:
Although, that town sucks and they nothing better to do.
That's how I always justify it when the Heels have poor fan turnout/participation...we have better things to do.
wink.r191677.gif

It's the truth.

Couldn't be happier. We got to face LSU and send them home, and now we get a second shot at the Pack. I couldn't ask for anything more. Big, big game tomorrow night. Go Heels!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT