ADVERTISEMENT

Maensh burrsj Fwoopaz

Terror Beard

Hall of Famer
Jul 17, 2018
I need some help. I have a buddy who is a long time Rams Club member, alum and season football ticket holder. He's 77 years old now and just can't make the games much anymore. He's offered for me to take over his tickets. He'd still get them through the Rams Club for me but I'd pay for them.

The section he's in is 206. He loves that section. I've never sat there so I was wondering if anyone here has tickets in that section. If so, how is it? How are the sight lines? How's the crowd around you? Bunch of douchebags or decent folks? Are they rowdy and drunk? Is bathroom access quick and easy?

It's a significant commitment so I just wanted to check it out. If I don't hear anything bad about it, I'll probably be in section 206 whenever we get back to attending games. Thanks in advance.

I need some help. I have a buddy who is a long time Rams Club member, alum and season football ticket holder. He's 77 years old now and just can't make the games much anymore. He's offered for me to take over his tickets. He'd still get them through the Rams Club for me but I'd pay for them.

The section he's in is 206. He loves that section. I've never sat there so I was wondering if anyone here has tickets in that section. If so, how is it? How are the sight lines? How's the crowd around you? Bunch of douchebags or decent folks? Are they rowdy and drunk? Is bathroom access quick and easy?

It's a significant commitment so I just wanted to check it out. If I don't hear anything bad about it, I'll probably be in section 206 whenever we get back to attending games. Thanks in advance.
Section 206 is fine
kenan_3d_v7.gif

What? I'm looking at buying my buddy's football tickets. Just want to know what the section is like. I appreciate @DF1972 poasting the map of the stadium but I had already checked that out. I wanted to get thoughts from someone who has sat in those seats.

Reactions: heelbent
i've sat in Section 206 Row J many times (with a friend who has season tickets there) ... GREAT seats, IMO.

I too had to stop going to games because of my age (back and hip probs). I was in section 205 all the way at the top, and adjacent to the aisle. They were very good seats IMO, in terms of overall view, not so good in terms of having to move around. However, if you're at the bottom of one of those upper sections, the view is better in the simple fact that you are closer..so that aspect depends on what row you're in, of course. The neighboring fans were decent and earnest, but as you might expect, the exuberance was tepid. The only drunk and rowdy fan I can remember was me. All in all, I felt I had one of the better seats in the house. After all, with no one behind me and my game buddy's beside me, I could pop those WT 101 mini's with fearless abandon.

My voice isn't deep but it carries like crazy. One of my favorite things was to wait until things got really quiet and I would cup my hands around my mouth and yell 'RIP HIS FACE OFF' apropos to nothing, just to watch the heads turn and look in disapproval and approval all over the section and beyond. Old lady Carolina fans going to the violent sport of football, and expecting civility, LOL. When they get quiet, you have to stir them up somehow.

What nobody has mentioned is that it's on the north side of the stadium in the direct sun. It can be miserably hot at the start of the season but it's a blessing when it starts to get cold in November. This season might not be bad since the first two games are on the road. How many seats does your buddy have?

What nobody has mentioned is that it's on the north side of the stadium in the direct sun. It can be miserably hot at the start of the season but it's a blessing when it starts to get cold in November. This season might not be bad since the first two games are on the road. How many seats does your buddy have?
yes, I should have mentioned that. Good call. The sun can be brutal and unrelenting, considering that the stadium is not true north and south but rather more exposed to the west.on the visitor side. I would ten times rather bundle for the cold than swelter in that sun.

On the other hand, a benefit of my particular seating was that all the way at the top, you are protected from rain by an overhang.

I sat there once, thoroughly enjoyed it. Regardless of the seats, I've soldiered through, and enjoyed the game. Weather is just a factor in the experience.
What a powerful story. Just hearing how you pushed through on those hellish fall afternoons in the South was inspiring. Please don't tell me how you got to the games and back home, I prefer to think of you as bare-foot and trudging up a hill in the snow.

There may be be some really good deals on tix all over the stadium if you wait it out.

What a powerful story. Just hearing how you pushed through on those hellish fall afternoons in the South was inspiring. Please don't tell me how you got to the games and back home, I prefer to think of you as bare-foot and trudging up a hill in the snow.
don't neglect that epic journey from Bowles parking lot to the stadium and back, cleverly arranged so as to be uphill both there and back. The Hipkiller Trail. Fighting your way through throngs of liberal larvae as you deal with two or three or four dozen sets of stairs, I can't really remember. Weighed down with a cache of hidden mini bottles. It was brutal, I tell you.

don't neglect that epic journey from Bowles parking lot to the stadium and back, cleverly arranged so as to be uphill both there and back. The Hipkiller Trail. Fighting your way through throngs of liberal larvae as you deal with two or three or four dozen sets of stairs, I can't really remember. Weighed down with a cache of hidden mini bottles. It was brutal, I tell you.

So true, I marched that march many times and just can't do it any more. I take the bus from the Friday Center, pockets still bulging with mini's tho!

Reactions: bluetoe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT