ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Simmons

How can you only be charged with resisting arrest? There had to be an initial cause for arrest if he resisted...

I am sure WRAL and the N&O love this. . . . yet a RB in Raleigh continues to play despite assaulting a female.

wait a minute. the only thing I see him being charged with is resisting arrest. In my experience working in two police departments if that's the only charge it gets thrown out every time. what's he being suspended for?

Reactions: uncboy10
Marijuana possession was the prior arrest. Sounds to me like the cop(s) tried to shake him down but he didn't have anything on him so they slapped him with a RI

Marijuana possession was the prior arrest. Sounds to me like the cop(s) tried to shake him down but he didn't have anything on him so they slapped him with a RI

They tried to arrest him for being under the influence and he resisted.

He would probably fare much better if he stayed away from the "wildwood weed" and stopped resisting arrest.

if we started kicking guys off the team for smoking weed, both football and basketball, we would not have a team left. i've been there.

Reactions: Raising Heel
if we started kicking guys off the team for smoking weed, both football and basketball, we would not have a team left. i've been there.

So that explains why our fball team was so nonconsitant last season.

Resisting arrest is stupid. However if more student athletes used marijuana instead of alcohol I bet we'd see a decrease in domestic violence, and the other absurd behaviors that get players suspended/dismissed. But that's an issue for another thread.

I'm sure Mike Hughes will get it done if Simmons doesn't make it back. This D doesn't need to lose anymore players though

Resisting arrest is stupid. However if more student athletes used marijuana instead of alcohol I bet we'd see a decrease in domestic violence, and the other absurd behaviors that get players suspended/dismissed. But that's an issue for another thread.

I'm sure Mike Hughes will get it done if Simmons doesn't make it back. This D doesn't need to lose anymore players though

Yeah, I like Hughes' upside too, but have to agree that losing Simmons right before camp gives me an uneasy feeling like I had last year when we lost a lot of defensive players to academics right before fall practice began which affected this team all season long, so I also hope that Simmons is the last off-the-field casualty that we have this year?

Y'all are acting like he is done for the year. I think everything will work out where he will be back before GT game. Could be wrong. But that's what happens most of the time.

Keep this in mind -- Simmons was suspended for a game last year. He may have used up his last 'freebie' with this arrest.

Or, I could see him being suspended for ~2 games. It will hurt for the SCar game, but won't matter for the next game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT