ADVERTISEMENT

Many Saints of Newark(Sopranos thread)

gteeitup

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2001
Columbia, SC
by far my favorite series ever, so we can rap about that or whatever…i think i’ve watched it six times, always catching something new, it’s weird.

however, let’s start a conversation about this prequel.

i saw it…and i’m looking forward to talking about it with the fans.

Last edited:
Just saw that it's on HBO max so I know what I'll be doing tomorrow night. For some reason I was thinking it was only out in theaters...

Planning to catch the new Bond movie at some point too. Daniel Craig has absolutely crushed that role.

Reactions: gteeitup
We should have a board where you can talk about things not related to sports. Random topics, like things that just pop in your mind out of the blue. Maybe someone should talk to AJ and see if that's a possibility.

i really enjoyed it. it offers interesting insights into the series characters.

45 minutes in and I am thoroughly disappointed so far

I want my two hours back. It was dog shit. Legitimately one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but my expectations are pretty low. It's been way too long since the show aired to have a movie. Plus, this is a movie no one asked for. It's not really something that was needed to fill in holes of the original story. Tony told us enough about his childhood already.

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but my expectations are pretty low. It's been way too long since the show aired to have a movie. Plus, this is a movie no one asked for. It's not really something that was needed to fill in holes of the original story. Tony told us enough about his childhood already.
If you think of it as the Dickie Moltisanti story, it works better than if you think of it as how Tony became Tony.

Dickie Moltisanti was Christopher's father. But that raises the question "why would anyone care to watch a movie about Christopher's father?"

Some of the fun of the movie is being reminded of the mannerisms, speech patterns and hairstyles of the characters we grew to know in the Sopranos.

Much less nudity than expected.

Reactions: gteeitup
If you think of it as the Dickie Moltisanti story, it works better than if you think of it as how Tony became Tony.

Dickie Moltisanti was Christopher's father. But that raises the question "why would anyone care to watch a movie about Christopher's father?"

Some of the fun of the movie is being reminded of the mannerisms, speech patterns and hairstyles of the characters we grew to know in the Sopranos.

You were starting to sell me on the idea, until you mentioned less nudity. Now I don't care again.

I may or may not watch the movie. But all the discussion about the movie has moved me to watch the series again. It's been about 7-10 years since I watched it.
I rewatched it around a year ago. It's fresh enough in my mind that I'll probably watch the movie. If I hadn't rewatched the show, I probably wouldn't watch the movie.

i enjoyed the narrator

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT