ADVERTISEMENT

Maverick Rowan reclassified to 2015

At UNC there is always a chance. The larger question is how does Coach Williams feel about this situation?

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1557220-rowan-enrolls-in-summer-class-sets-visit

Even larger question: how would Maverick feel about playing off the bench for the Heels?

That's what would happen if he reclassifies and choses UNC.
Justin has the "3" sewn up and Roy might be gun shy about playing two small forwards after last years issues with the JP/JJ combo.

I think if he's reclassifying then it's likely he's been promised a start at another of his target schools.

Roy might be gun shy about playing two small forwards after last years issues with the JP/JJ combo.
That would be a totally different situation!!..JP couldn't shoot compared to a guy that can light it up..that would open the floor up tremendously!!

There were rumors he was going to reclassify and head to Louisville. Pitino has openings and PT out the gazoo right now.

Reactions: Jarrod Hardy
His father said in an earlier article that Louisville is definitely in the lead. It is mighty late in the 2015 process for "It's not going to be for a while".

His father said in an earlier article that Louisville is definitely in the lead. It is mighty late in the 2015 process for "It's not going to be for a while".

Agreed. Everyone else is on campus at every major university working with staff and their team mates...and "be a while" won't win anyone over. It's dang near July son. Get on with it.
Seriously, I think this kid is a better shooter than the kid from Ohio the blue evils in derm got... do we go with him and risk not getting one or two kids in the next class?

0.0% chance we get him. You don't reclassify to go to a school where you won't start your freshman year. He's headed to Louisville.

If he can shoot the trey, we need him. jmo.
I agree if we can get a shooter , take him. Our recent success in recruiting shooters has been dismal. Hell the kid may come in shooting lights out and we can't keep him on the bench. I am still confused over Pitino not recruiting him anymore though. Maybe Tricky Ricky made a pass at his mom , sister or grandmother.

A poster over on the Premi side who rarely posts seems to think Mav's destination will be St. Johns. Rowan's dad played with Mullin and they're still close friends, coupled with plenty of PT available at SJU might be a winning combination for his services.

A poster over on the Premi side who rarely posts seems to think Mav's destination will be St. Johns. Rowan's dad played with Mullin and they're still close friends, coupled with plenty of PT available at SJU might be a winning combination for his services.

He's not exactly breaking news with that one now that RP's not recruiting him anymore.

He's not exactly breaking news with that one now that RP's not recruiting him anymore.

Maybe. He posted that on Monday night . . It was the first time I had seen SJU mentioned as a landing spot.

Maybe. He posted that on Monday night . . It was the first time I had seen SJU mentioned as a landing spot.

Ah, Monday night makes it pretty good info at that time. I didn't hear about it til Wednesday morning.

I think StJ makes a lot of sense for him with all the ties he has to Mullin. Just keep him out of the ACC.

It's been mentioned for some time that father was a Johnnie but leader had always been Louie.

Rowan allegedly down to moo , St. Johns and Wisky. What happened to Pitino's interest?

The latest water cooler rumor is that he is likely headed to St. Johns . .

ADVERTISEMENT