ADVERTISEMENT

Message To OOTB Posters

andrew jones

Hall of Famer
Staff
Jul 21, 2014
It has come to my attention in recent weeks that the climate on this board has gotten out of hand enough that some people have suggested we shut down the board entirely. I don't want to do that because it appears to me enough of you get enjoyment out of it that yanking it away wouldn't be fair.

So, since I just don't have time to monitor this board, I am placing moderator mikeirbyusa in charge of the board. He will set the tone for the board and has full authority to reprimand, ban, or do whatever he believes is necessary to maintain the proper climate.

I hope this isn't a problem for anyone, and I hope everyone can enjoy the board now more than ever before.

- AJ

Thank you Andrew!

This board can be a LOT of fun ........................................... if we want it to be!

Let's all enjoy it, don't abuse it and NO NAME CALLING. Basically, abide by the rules and have fun.

Which is worse. Those that called names and showed their rear end or those that actually took time to officially complain about it? My vote is those that complained about it.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Reactions: UNC71-00
Let's all bury the hatchet so to speak, and post every post as if you were standing face to face with everybody. Hiding behind a keyboard, using a fictitious name, many times we will post what we never would say to anybody. Let's all strive to change that. We had a GREAT community here for several years, let's get back to there.

Please, please, please be nice. I don't want to police this place any more than Mikey does, and frankly, I have enough to do.

But seriously folks, this place was within a hair's width of becoming non-existent and even now it's barley hanging on. Things must change or it will go away.

THANK GOODNESS Jim has agreeded to help out with this. And he's right, it was all but gone, if you want to keep it then THINK before you post that is all we are asking.

Originally posted by Louigi:

Which is worse. Those that called names and showed their rear end or those that actually took time to officially complain about it? My vote is those that complained about it.
The one that did both . .

Hmm, I don't really know what happened, or maybe I was a part of it and just forgot. I'm all about punishing those who tattle though. :) I deal with that enough at work.

Raising Heel, please fix your animated gif, it is all funked up.....the one on the left, not the Gio runback.
I can't fix it. Weird thing is it seems to work fine for a while, then goes kaput for a while, then is fine again. Maybe I should just remove it entirely since it's giving everyone seizures. [Edit to add:] It seems to appear differently on different browsers. It's fine on IE at work, but jacked up on Chrome at home.

The only place I've found it as a useable gif is on the Sports by Brooks website. The guy who ran that place (Brooks) mysteriously stopped updating the site years ago and nobody has seen him since.

Last edited:
I appreciate all I hear on the site, living away from campus, it makes me feel home, or at least closer. I'll try and keep it civil as well, think I do mostly. One suggestion to us all : take a deep breath before typing away. Usually one good breath takes a little of the steam out of the engine. Love the Heels, in good and bad times, and love all those that follow the boys in powder blue. Jp

Reactions: Raising Heel
Only recently began to be active here again. Can someone explain what the complaints were about?
Political threads? Sports threads? Inappropriate pics or language?

Hey guys, I really really know what was going on ... I've only been posting for the last several weeks or so, but what says it all for me is just to say to myself ... 'we got it back!!!' Meaning ... we got screwed to the wall last year ..... but we got it back this year! Were the Natl Champs!!! Nothing else really matters! We got it back!!!! Heelswin! Heelswin! Heelswin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT