ADVERTISEMENT

Military Ticket donation for the Bowl Game

mahncpa1

Hall of Famer
Oct 13, 2004
For those of us that will not make the bowl game due to timing, travel concerns, apathy, etc. You can
donate your ticket so that Military members can attend the game. Thanks to Raising Heel for finding the
right link in order to get tickets to the troops to attend the
bowl game. Consider donating your ticket. The cost is $ 35.00 per ticket. I am concerned if
there is no one at the game, it will reflect a lack of interest from Tar Heel Nation and will affect
future Bowl bids. A nice little gift for the troops. It would be nice if they are there in Carolina
Blue!!

Tickets for Military

I know of a family in that area with two small boys who are huge football fans, going through very hard times that have been promised they can attend through I'm pretty sure this avenue.There cost is being covered. A great gesture, God bless all who have a hand in this promotion.
This post was edited on 12/10 11:19 AM by ecu4

Originally posted by ecu4:

I know of a family in that area with two small boys who are huge football fans, going through very hard times that have been promised they can attend through I'm pretty sure this avenue. A great gesture, God bless all who have a hand in this promotion.
ecu4, do you happen to know them personally?

I met them years ago through a friend of mine, great people. Was told the dad suffered some serious physical injuries in Afghanistan a while back. The friend who keeps me informed, told me they were going to the game through a donation ticket program through the schools. A college in Michigan has also stepped up and promised full scholarships for their kids to attend their school if they choose to do so in the future. I lost an uncle who I was named after in Vietnam years ago, whole thing just hits home with me. I have encouraged them to wear Carolina Blue. God bless you guys to take any time, even posting a link, to help those who sacrifice so much for us all.

Glad to hear they're getting that chance. Definitely a good program. Not entirely sure, but I believe UNC offers military tickets for most of its home games (football, basketball, baseball, etc.).

This post was edited on 12/10 11:45 AM by Raising Heel

Thanks Raising Heel, I wasn't aware of UNC offering military tickets for home games. Will look into that option also for others. Merry Christmas, and thanks again.

Originally posted by heelbill:

Great program! Just bought 4 to support the troops and the Heels.
Awesome Heelbill! Bought 4 myself. I challenge all Heels to participate and donate at least one ticket. Could be a nice treat for those that serve in the military and for our guys to have fans there pulling for them. Go heels!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT