ADVERTISEMENT

"Most investigated program in the history of college athletics"

He's entirely correct. What actually occurred is nothing when compared to what's been reported, rumored and repeated. Where there problems? Of course. We all know that. But when you take the time to actually read the reports and judge the missteps with an unbiased mind you have to laugh at how this entire fiasco has been sensationalized.

Yes he is and I don't think anyone with half a brain can honestly say that this hasn't been devastating to our recruiting efforts.

Oh, and I just LOVE the "unbiased" pile of dog crap that passes for "journalism" these days. Take a look at the title of the article in the URL of the link:

"roy-williams-cheating-tar-heels-unc-academic-scandal-ncaa-investigation"

Just HAD to throw that "cheating" part in there, didn't they?

I sure hope Patrick Fitzgerald can kick some NCAA azz on behalf of UNC. :cool:

Only thing I didn't like with was how Roy phrased the following:

"It would help if the NCAA would just tell us what the allegations are. That would help because it would give us the information,"

Sounds like even he's expecting us to get hit from the way it sounds. :(

Only thing I didn't like with was how Roy phrased the following:

"It would help if the NCAA would just tell us what the allegations are. That would help because it would give us the information,"

Sounds like even he's expecting us to get hit from the way it sounds. :(

I actually read that as Roy wants the allegations so he can tell kids something official on whats going on. Roy has been pretty vocal about the negative recruiting going on. Knowing the allegations can put that to an end...

It's an issue for sure. But the program was lucky to have Roy to steer the ship during this storm. Had this happened say 2-3 years into the time of Roy's successor , I am not sure the on court results would of been close to as good as they have been. The last 7 years to me justifies Roy as a great coach more than 2004-2010 when Roy was pulling in more high profile talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT