ADVERTISEMENT

NBA free agents - complete list

Danny Green resigns with the Spurs. Haven't seen the details, but with them going after L. Aldridge, I'm assuming DG took less money than he'd have the potential to get elsewhere. Could this be a loyalty move since he was given the chance there after bouncing around quite a bit beforehand?

Brandan Wright signed with the Memphis Grizzlies - 3 years, $18 million. I'm actually surprised he didn't get more. His numbers are pedestrian, but his talent is apparent. Supposedly, he had a bunch of suitors so maybe he just preferred somewhat of a homecoming to more money elsewhere. But good luck to him. I think he can get some decent burn as Randolph is aging and they'll need B-dub's length when they battle some bigger, more athletic front lines.

Ed Davis is finalizing a deal with the Portland Trailblazers. Don't know the details of the contract yet. But this could be really good for Davis. His signing is almost a sure sign that Aldridge is out the door. Ed could earn significant time. He played well for the Lakers last season.

Rumor has it that Wayne Ellington will most likely resign with the Lakers after getting some interest from Cleveland, Golden State, Washington, San Antonio and Atlanta. What that tells me is that the Lakers are prepared to throw some significant money at him. Because every one of those other teams is light years ahead of the Lakers in regards to winning.

Waiting on Butter and 50. The last of the former Heels left on the free agent market if indeed Weezy resigns with Lakers.

Not free agent news, but I wonder what the situation is with Lawson. I hope he gets out of Denver and gets on with a contender. I think he's one of the most underrated players in the league. He had a very mediocre season last year and still went for 16 and 9. But Denver was directionless. I heard a stat while watching a game last season that Denver scored on more possessions when Lawson drove to the bucket than any other team and player. Weird stat but it speaks to the pressure Lawson puts on defenses.

So, best case scenario is that we have 17 former Heels in the NBA next season. But Haywood, Carter and Felton look to be close to done. Any of those 3 could be without a team come the start of the year. And I'm a bit worried about Marshall because of his injury. A little worried about Hansbrough as well. I think someone will pick him up but he probably won't be getting much. He'll still play like he's the highest paid player in the league though.

The story I linked above says that teams have been impressed with the analytics regarding Marshall's impact on the floor. I know the Rockets are big on analytics and I think that would be a perfect fit for Marshall. Patrick Beverly looks to be on his way out and Jason Terry and Prigioni are as old as Methuselah. They have the young kid from Zona, Nick Johnson. But he's a completely different type of PG.

A little worried about Hansbrough as well. I think someone will pick him up but he probably won't be getting much. He'll still play like he's the highest paid player in the league though.

Yup, puts everything out there on the floor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT