ADVERTISEMENT

New ESPN Recruiting Rankings!

Kenny Williams at 81, Luke at 94.

On this note, can we please close the moronic thread titled "Give me Williams over Ingram".

Reactions: ROYANDDEAN
Kenny Williams at 81, Luke at 94.

On this note, can we please close the moronic thread titled "Give me Williams over Ingram".

We do realize the only reason for this Ingram jump is that he's about to sign with either Kentucky or Duke, right? It's DSPN. Give me a break.

Reactions: vikingfan08
We do realize the only reason for this Ingram jump is that he's about to sign with either Kentucky or Duke, right? It's DSPN. Give me a break.

Have you read the scouts on his postseason play? Every guy, affiliated with ESPN or not, has raved about this kid and his improvement.

Assuming next year is the last year of Carolina basketball, then it wouldn't be so debateable.

Are you going to argue that we aren't in win now mode with the lineup we have returning next season?

Have you read the scouts on his postseason play? Every guy, affiliated with ESPN or not, has raved about this kid and his improvement.

Maybe so, but kids don't jump from 11 to 3 because of a couple of games at the end of a four year career. If you think that it's not affected by those two schools that are likely in his final two, I don't know what to tell you. 247 still has him at 12, Scout at 13, and Rivals at 19. This kid didn't turn into Jaylen Brown overnight.

Reactions: vikingfan08
They only moved a few guys at the top. Mostly due to Ingrams amazing tear in the all star games / practices.

Are you going to argue that we aren't in win now mode with the lineup we have returning next season?

I would argue that the need is much greater after next year, and that if adding BI means we start Paige at PG, which I don't think he's all that great at in Roy's system, I'd rather not have him.

Brandon Ingram has GAME guys! He's been underrated throughout this process in my opinion. Jaylen Brown is an athletic motor, while Ingram is a tall, athletic basketball player, with perimeter game! I'm not shocked at all about this move! Not making the comparison at all, but can't remember a player with a similar skill set since Durant.

I would argue that the need is much greater after next year, and that if adding BI means we start Paige at PG, which I don't think he's all that great at in Roy's system, I'd rather not have him.

That's insanity. I'm sorry, but the fact you don't want the #3 player in the country because we'd have to start him is just nuts.

That's insanity. I'm sorry, but the fact you don't want the #3 player in the country because we'd have to start him is just nuts.

You're right, these kids are so predictable coming in based on rankings that two glaring problems we saw all last year on the court (spacing and penetration defense) should be ignored.

Kid creeping up the rankings for the '17 class, Tucker, 6'7" wing.

Tucker's combination of size and developing skill on the wing make him a very intriguing long-term prospect in the class of 2017.

Well I guess he's going to dook ..ya'll know we can't land recruits ranked that high anymore!!

Look, whether he goes to duke or not, we'll have a good team - a team that is equipped to win a national championship.

Secondly, making comments like this pleases duke and uk trolls to no end. Why give them that satisfaction. It's not like your comment added to the discussion. It's just a negative comment that gives duke and uk fans ammunition in debates with us.

I'm not trying to censor. If you really want to dog our recruiting, then have at it. I'm just trying to help some of y'all understand the impact of your negative comments. Use common sense. If you really feel that UNC can't land high ranked recruits, that's fine. But what do you accomplish by stating it here where it doesn't generate discussion, ruffles the feathers of some of our posters and makes duke and uk fans happy? I know you Bur. You don't want that.

Sorry,I was just being sarcastic!!..should have made it a little more clearer..and no,I definitely don't want the trolls coming around with added fuel!!

His leap was mainly due to him being the concensus best player in the McDonalds practices and scrimmages. From most accounts he stood out and was dominant at times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT