ADVERTISEMENT

New unis this fall??

55959527.jpg

Why the hell is this news? We have new unis every week.

Maybe we could have an announcement on Twitter that we are actually going to play disciplined defense and not showboat after breaking up a pass on 2nd and short.

Originally posted by heelmanwilm:
Black and chrome i heard, trimmed in dook blue with large heel feet prints up the legs

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Wouldn't the footprints be more strategically placed on the back as our team usually gets walked all over on the field. Zing

Originally posted by SeaHawk98:
Black and chrome i heard, trimmed in dook blue with large heel feet prints up the legs

Wouldn't the footprints be more strategically placed on the back as our team usually gets walked all over on the field. Zing
laugh.r191677.gif

Zing, for sure.

4/20 will be the reveal. Caught a glimpse in a video. The helmet and jersey are carolina blue. Cant see the pants. God help us if they're carolina blue as well. Cue the smurfs jokes.

And pink numbers.

All of that says SWAG[/I]

Seriously, go back to common sense and tradition. Carolina Blue may be the most recognizable color in college sports. Use it - all the time. Navy is common as dirt. Usiing black is common as dirt, even for Dook.

Avoid common as dirt. Avoid anything that would be adored by teenage girls or NYC or LA metrosexuals or gang bangers.

Saw a tweet that said Carolina is the only school with a color named after them. If the Jerseys are in fact Carolina Blue then that is a good start. It's not UCLA blue or Rhode Island blue!
This post was edited on 4/14 1:10 PM by HeelFan58

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:
Helmet decal is back to white, rather than black.
ec
LOL. Numbers are back to white as well. There's something on the outside of the sleeve/shoulder but I can't make out what it is. Another interlocking NC?

In any event, traditionalists are going to be pleased. That's the look I prefer, too, although I don't mind changing it up from time to time. I'd like the classic look to be our base and any changes (navy color, alternative logos, black numbers, etc.) to be the exception.

Originally posted by Raising Heel:

In any event, traditionalists are going to be pleased. That's the look I prefer, too, although I don't mind changing it up from time to time. I'd like the classic look to be our base and any changes (navy color, alternative logos, black numbers, etc.) to be the exception.
For all the hemming and hawing I do about the uniforms, I'm really not all that opposed to some alternative stuff. But here's the key, it has to be "alternative". That means we see it once, maybe twice in a season. The other 10 games should be the traditional uni. That's what makes the alternative "special". When you do something weird every week like Oregon, it ceases to be "special" and meaningful.

Go with the classic look 10 games per year and then you wouldn't hear a peep out of me for the other 2 games.

Helmet decal is back to white, rather than black.
ec
LOL. Numbers are back to white as well. There's something on the outside of the sleeve/shoulder but I can't make out what it is. Another interlocking NC?

Amen! Hallelujah!

Carolina blue and white are perfection.

Originally posted by gteeitup:
is the "tar pit" gone as well?
What do you mean? Is the football program discontinuing use of the phrase? I doubt it since there's a huge semi-permanent sign up behind the student section.
i was joking, sorta...

For all the hemming and hawing I do about the uniforms, I'm really not all that opposed to some alternative stuff. But here's the key, it has to be "alternative". That means we see it once, maybe twice in a season. The other 10 games should be the traditional uni. That's what makes the alternative "special". When you do something weird every week like Oregon, it ceases to be "special" and meaningful.

Go with the classic look 10 games per year and then you wouldn't hear a peep out of me for the other 2 games.
So now you are for the ugly ass alternate uniforms?

you are a snake of a traitor.

Pants ARE carolina blue, with argyle up the sides. White interlocking nc on the shoulders. Although its carolina blue its a "flat" blue. Not smurfish at all. Looks great.

Pants ARE carolina blue, with argyle up the sides. White interlocking nc on the shoulders. Although its carolina blue its a "flat" blue. Not smurfish at all. Looks great.
Argyles? Are you ****ing kidding me? Who do I turn my season tickets back in to? >.<

Argyles don't belong on a GD football uniform. That would be like doing a paint job on a jersey that looks like a sweater tied around the neck in the front.

I could do without the argyle, but if the uniforms are Carolina Blue and white, then I won't complain about argyle or too much navy trim.

Or, at least I won't complain about them much.

Originally posted by WoadBlue:
I could do without the argyle, but if the uniforms are Carolina Blue and white, then I won't complain about argyle or too much navy trim.

Woad, you always complain that our uniforms are metrosexual....

Argyle is in the damn dictionary under examples of metrosexual. Seriously, WTF, this pisses me off. Argyle is the dumbest thing to ever happen to Carolina uniforms. The basketball uni's that we wore in Jordan's era (with the Tar Heel on the pants and everything) were so, so awesome. The argyle basketball uniforms are lame. We're already an elite school. We don't need to try extra hard to appear elite by having argyles.

Argyles belong on formal wear, on sweaters, on nice Polo pull-overs. Not on athletic uniforms.

I think you nailed it. The object on the sleeves I couldn't identify looks like it might just be the uniform number. And the argyle is very subtle in my opinion. What's also interesting is that it doesn't look like there's a stripe of any kind down the middle of the helmet. Just solid blue with the white NC logo. There's also a small white NC logo on the hip, which has been part of the uniform for some time now.

Overall, I think it looks great. Here are a couple of screen caps for you guys since apparently I have to do everything around here.
laugh.r191677.gif

OurBlue1.png

OurBlue2.png

Originally posted by WoadBlue:

Woad, you always complain that our uniforms are metrosexual....

Argyle is in the damn dictionary under examples of metrosexual. Seriously, WTF, this pisses me off. Argyle is the dumbest thing to ever happen to Carolina uniforms. The basketball uni's that we wore in Jordan's era (with the Tar Heel on the pants and everything) were so, so awesome. The argyle basketball uniforms are lame. We're already an elite school. We don't need to try extra hard to appear elite by having argyles.

Argyles belong on formal wear, on sweaters, on nice Polo pull-overs. Not on athletic uniforms.
You know I will compolain about argyle on the football uniforms. I don;t even like it on basketball unifiorms. Give me basketball unfoirms that look like the ones worn by MJ.

But if my choices are Carolina Blue with argyle trim or black or navy with no argyle trim, I will take the former. It is the lesser of 2 evils.

Would be cool to see the all white combo come back. That was schweet

Originally posted by uncboy10:
Would be cool to see the all white combo come back. That was schweet
I love the Carolina Blue helmets with large interlocking white NC. That helmet is simply stunning. It stands out and demands to be seen and admired. I would make it permanent - with no navy trim whatsoever.

I would want the team to wear all Carolina Blue - helmets, jerseys, pants - more than it wears white pants with Carolina Blue jerseys. With white jeresys, I would want to wear Carolina Blue pants at least half the time.

I cannot get enough of Carolina Blue. It is the one thing we should market ceaselessly.

And as I have said since the NCAA changed its rule - we should play MooU every year with both teams wearing Home colors.

argyle?

is this some kind of joke?!?!?!?

talk about soft
Exactly. The new uniforms are going to blow. They're just....all blue. It's boring as crap.

Unless it's all-white (think Texas), I've never been a fan of wearing all one color (helmet, jersey, and pants). I've always liked the look of either matching your helmet and pants color or matching your helmet and jersey color with white pants.

All Carolina blue, with no helmet stripe, and apparently no jersey stripe, but with a pants stripe coming from nowhere......it's going to look terrible*

*unless what's in the video isn't the real thing. Fingers crossed it isn't.

so, this business about carolina creating its own brand in football was just more bs.

with argyle, we've borrowed from some lousy tradition that just began in basketball about 20 years ago.

how about "carolina way" on the back instead of the player's name?...that way when something good or bad happens on the field, we can just say "that's the carolina way."

so, this business about carolina creating its own brand in football was just more bs.

with argyle, we've borrowed from some lousy tradition that just began in basketball about 20 years ago.

how about "carolina way" on the back instead of the player's name?...that way when something good or bad happens on the field, we can just say "that's the carolina way."
First I
laugh.r191677.gif

Then I
sad0002.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT