ADVERTISEMENT

New unis this fall??

Originally posted by HeelFan58:
English premiere league is great.....for insomnia.
Anything Limey is boring or worse.

If I have to watch soccer other than UNC or World Cup, it will be Celtic FC or La Liga.

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
This one? The blue looks fine, but the argyle stripe down the middle of the helmet...not doing it for me.

CC0sBxUWgAArn59.png:large
Argyle and black?

Worst of both worlds.

welp, just saw another shot from the concert...looks like ourgyle is right down the center of each helmet.

this is so not badass...we should just play on friday.

These uniforms are the worst creation since addidas introduced those hideous basketball uniforms for the tournament this year. Just awful. Might as well right pansies across the front of the jersey.

Originally posted by SeaHawk98:

These uniforms are the worst creation since addidas introduced those hideous basketball uniforms for the tournament this year. Just awful. Might as well right pansies across the front of the jersey.
the carolina way

Reveal is tonight at the Rammy's. Argyle, nogyle, or sidegyle, I do know this:

We need to do whatever it takes to keep Chase Rice as close to this program as possible. He's going out of his way to rep/support Carolina Football, and we need to embrace that and milk it for all it's worth, if you will. You only luck in to that kind of superstar-is-one-of-your-own every so often, especially considering it's an alum and former player, not just a celebrity superfan.

I don't care if you hate his music or not (me personally, I could take or leave every song besides Ready Set Roll), he's a rising superstar and we need to keep him as close as possible to the program

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:
Reveal is tonight at the Rammy's. Argyle, nogyle, or sidegyle, I do know this:

We need to do whatever it takes to keep Chase Rice as close to this program as possible. He's going out of his way to rep/support Carolina Football, and we need to embrace that and milk it for all it's worth, if you will. You only luck in to that kind of superstar-is-one-of-your-own every so often, especially considering it's an alum and former player, not just a celebrity superfan.

I don't care if you hate his music or not (me personally, I could take or leave every song besides Ready Set Roll), he's a rising superstar and we need to keep him as close as possible to the program
I have never heard of Chase Rice. But he's ok by me if he's promoting the Heels.

And I still haven't seen the uniforms.

But I love that some of y'all are getting this worked up over the argyle. Was it this much fun for y'all when I was bitching last year?

^^ Chase Rice is from near Asheville and played linebacker under Bunting back in the early 2000's. I want to say he was a walk-on, but I'm not completely sure on that.

His claim to fame is he wrote the song "Cruise" that Florida-Georgia Line made famous. I'm sure even you have heard that song a time or three. He also writes/plays his own stuff as well. It's that pop country "driving my truck down a dirt road with my girl and some Fireball" type of stuff that's all over the radio today, but hey, he writes/plays what people like. He's shown a willingness to unselfishly rep and support Carolina Football -- something we desperately need in these times. Seems like a pretty cool guy all around.

Also,

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:

And I still haven't seen the uniforms.
Not sure anyone has.

Also,
Originally posted by gunslingerdick:
Was it this much fun for y'all when I was bitching last year?
Yeah probably

i know who rice is...i recall him having to play a lot in the game at kenan, the one where russell wilson torched us...didn't he quit football due to a neck injury, iirc????

i have never heard his music, but like you guys said, props to him and major support from me.

Originally posted by gteeitup:
i know who rice is...i recall him having to play a lot in the game at kenan, the one where russell wilson torched us...didn't he quit football due to a neck injury, iirc????

i have never heard his music, but like you guys said, props to him and major support from me.
He was already gone by the time Wilson got there, unless I'm remembering incorrectly? Perhaps his senior year coincided with Russell's freshman year or something?

I don't know. Those Bunting years were a blur of (mostly) awfulness. I was too young to yell about it, but I fail to see how the Carolina faithful accepted such extended awfulness after Mack Brown left until Butch was hired. Oh wait, no, I don't fail to see how
blackeye.r191677.gif

^ Ok, looked it up. Rice's senior year was 2008 according to GoHeels and Wilson's freshman year (or first year playing, don't know if it was true freshman or redshirt) was that same year.

Also, it is scary that 2008 was 7 years ago.

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:
Originally posted by gteeitup:

He was already gone by the time Wilson got there, unless I'm remembering incorrectly? Perhaps his senior year coincided with Russell's freshman year or something?

I don't know. Those Bunting years were a blur of (mostly) awfulness. I was too young to yell about it, but I fail to see how the Carolina faithful accepted such extended awfulness after Mack Brown left until Butch was hired. Oh wait, no, I don't fail to see how
blackeye.r191677.gif
i remember like it was yesterday...carolina was 7-2 with sexton in for yates; they should've beaten va tech to be 8-1, but alas yates fractured his ankle...and they had the virginia game in hand, but lost in ot b/c they couldn't run the ball...then they go to maryland and lose, then they crushed by wilson(freshman)...up until the maryland game i thought they'd win out...they were on a roll...f dude, this is painful to recall.

at any rate, i thought rice hurt his neck in the state game...could've been paschal.

On goheels.com...and very cool. Hope the helmet isn't too different from what they're using in the pics.

Still trying to figure out these new forums!! Haha. But, as much as I was griping, I really do like the product they came up with. And yes, as jcolucci notes, per GoHeels, the helmets without argyle on them are not the official 2015 helmet.

More than just the football uniform came out. They defined the entire brand -- uniform (as in "the same") number font, script font, and logos across all sports. It's on GoHeels. Will link it later when I have time, unless someone else can do it

Seems just the right amount on the football unis. Definitely nails the brand. Not a fan of the all black, but that's just my opinion.

Love all the uniforms. Looking forward to the grey and the silver also.

Not a huge fan of the argyle around the neck on the football uniforms and I absolutely hate the black, but it's a slight improvement from that garbage we wore last year.

I like that the school is "rebranding". I don't really want them to change too much. But the PR from such a move is beneficial.

Not a huge fan of the argyle around the neck on the football uniforms and I absolutely hate the black, but it's a slight improvement from that garbage we wore last year.

I like that the school is "rebranding". I don't really want them to change too much. But the PR from such a move is beneficial.
Dude....what *does* please you? Besides UVA

All Carolina blue or all white...no stripes...no outlining of numbers...no names on the back of jerseys. Have you seen PSU's uniforms? That pleases me.
These new uni's are so similar to what you just sighted, that you're just splitting hairs. These are just as Penn State-ish as the Bunting era uniforms, which pretty much everyone accepts were our best in recent memory. But agree to disagree. I like these digs, and I will like them more when we lay one on the Wahoovaliers this fall

So, does the rebranding mean an end to the "updated" ram logo? I see the strutting ram is still out there, but this guy's days may have come to an end. I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer him to the strutting ram (who seems a bit dated). But whatever.

UNC.gif

The black unis are sick. They are a great choice for alternatives. And, I noticed that Cunningham did state that the alternative uniforms are to be used from time to time. To me, this suggest limited use or not as frequent as compared to last season. I have the feeling that mixing and matching parts of the unis was discussed and the black unis are just for special games like a black out.

Anyone else notice the other alternative colors (Navy, flat gray and silver). I know the baseball team used a gray jersey and the basketball team had silver unis. Could the new alternative football unis for this season be gray with Carolina Blue font?

Reactions: The Sharkster
I have the feeling that mixing and matching parts of the unis was discussed and the black unis are just for special games like a black out.
I hope that's the case. Carolina blue looks great on black, IMO, but I'm not a fan of mixing all three colors (white, blue, black) in a single uniform. I'd like some combination of blue and white as the standard uni and all black only for special games, like you mentioned.

So, does the rebranding mean an end to the "updated" ram logo? I see the strutting ram is still out there, but this guy's days may have come to an end. I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer him to the strutting ram (who seems a bit dated). But whatever.

UNC.gif

You're obviously not a real fan. No self-respecting Tar Heel fan likes that ^ better than the strutting ram.

Reactions: uncboy10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT