ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina vs. South Carolina kickoff scheduled for 6:00 pm

Raising Heel

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
A van down by the river
CHARLOTTE, N.C., May 4, 2015 – The Charlotte Sports Foundation (CSF) announced today that Belk, Inc., will be the title sponsor of the 2015 football game between the University of North Carolina Tar Heels and the University of South Carolina Gamecocks in Charlotte, N.C. The 2015 Belk College Kickoff will be held at Bank of America Stadium on Thursday, September 3 with the opening kickoff set for 6 p.m. and televised nationally by the ESPN family of networks.

Link

[insert some arbitrary complaint about the kickoff time being too early or too late or whatevs]

But for real, I'm going shopping at Belk today on my lunch break. If I promise to buy something, can we get lower prices for the next time we play one of these kickoff games in Charlotte? o_O

[insert some arbitrary complaint about the kickoff time being too early or too late or whatevs]
It's going to be hot as heck. Sunset in Charlotte on September 3 will occur at 7:48 (yes, I looked it up) so ESPN could've done us a solid by making the kick time 7:30 or later. But my guess is they're trying to squeeze in a west coast game later that night. At least the game isn't in Columbia, which I believe is called "Satan's anus."

But for real, I'm going shopping at Belk today on my lunch break. If I promise to buy something, can we get lower prices for the next time we play one of these kickoff games in Charlotte? o_O
No, but if you buy a $255 pair of socks I've heard they'll throw in a free club-level seat ticket for the game.

i call columbia "the screen door to hell" so i am happy it's not here.

however, do they realize the game is in charlotte, the stadium is downtown off 77, and knock off time is an hour earlier?...this is a total clusterf**k for fans.

however, do they realize the game is in charlotte, the stadium is downtown off 77, and knock off time is an hour earlier?...this is a total clusterf**k for fans.
It's the perfect storm for a traffic nightmare: everyone who works uptown trying to get out and 60,000 fans trying to get in. Fans might as well get there at noon or forget about getting in at all.

Reactions: UNC71-00
It's the perfect storm for a traffic nightmare: everyone who works uptown trying to get out and 60,000 fans trying to get in. Fans might as well get there at noon or forget about getting in at all.
We are ants, and ESPN is the kid holding the magnifying glass over the anthill, laughing maniacally as we all squirm and run for cover but ultimately burn to death.

Sorry. I meant DSPN.

That game I went to in Columbia a few years ago was the hottest I have ever been in my life and I have backpacked through a New Mexico desert in June.

Reactions: Raising Heel
That game I went to in Columbia a few years ago was the hottest I have ever been in my life and I have backpacked through a New Mexico desert in June.
Columbia is the worst. I admire gtee for living there and not going nuts. Plus, SCar fans are the most obnoxious fans.

As for the kickoff time....luckily I'm taking that day off from work and will be in CLT in plenty of time to tailgate. I foresee some Carolina loaded cheese fries at the uptown Carolina Ale House in my future. And lots of Red Oak.

As for the kickoff time....luckily I'm taking that day off from work and will be in CLT in plenty of time to tailgate. I foresee some Carolina loaded cheese fries at the uptown Carolina Ale House in my future. And lots of Red Oak.
So is that your tailgating plan? I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do, plus what I'm going to do about parking. Might just leave my car at work and taxi...although there's a great tailgating lot next to the Panthers' practice field.

So is that your tailgating plan? I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do, plus what I'm going to do about parking. Might just leave my car at work and taxi...although there's a great tailgating lot next to the Panthers' practice field.
My tailgating plan is very up in the air. But I figure I'll do what I did for the Belk Bowl....get there 5-6 hours before the game and park close-ish to the stadium. Then walk to bars and such, and eventually work back to the parking lot, then the stadium.

Of course, that was a weekend I believe and this will be a Thursday, so I don't know what the parking situation will look like. I just want to drink some beer and play some cornhole

Columbia is the worst. I admire gtee for living there and not going nuts. Plus, SCar fans are the most obnoxious fans.

I love the SC upcountry, and Charleston is a treasure. Even Myrtle Beach is tolerable. But Columbia is just awful.

I love the SC upcountry, and Charleston is a treasure. Even Myrtle Beach is tolerable. But Columbia is just awful.

I was 'bon and razed' in the Holy City, but no way would I go back. Tourists, 'Come Backs', 'Half Backs', and 'Snow Birds' have taken over. The old dialect is now a 'Dead Language'. Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand are really Florida Once Removed and the Upstate of SC is a magnet for Clemronites, social right wingers and religious snake handlers.

I LOVE Columbia - been here since college in the 60's (except for 5 years when I was held captive in Florida). Btw, the last time UNC played USC in Columbia, it was a night game and it rained most of the evening - humid, but not real hot, unless you were drinking WINE.

Game atmosphere in ColaTown is a great experience - the cops in riot gear, the tear gas, the snarling security dogs, the razor wire in front of the student section, the opponents' fans getting thrown off the access ramps, old folks in Georgia t-shirts getting tripped up by Gamecock kids. Love it! Go 'Cocks!!! LOL!

I was 'bon and razed' in the Holy City, but no way would I go back. Tourists, 'Come Backs', 'Half Backs', and 'Snow Birds' have taken over. The old dialect is now a 'Dead Language'. Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand are really Florida Once Removed and the Upstate of SC is a magnet for Clemronites, social right wingers and religious snake handlers.

I LOVE Columbia - been here since college in the 60's (except for 5 years when I was held captive in Florida). Btw, the last time UNC played USC in Columbia, it was a night game and it rained most of the evening - humid, but not real hot, unless you were drinking WINE.

Game atmosphere in ColaTown is a great experience - the cops in riot gear, the tear gas, the snarling security dogs, the razor wire in front of the student section, the opponents' fans getting thrown off the access ramps, old folks in Georgia t-shirts getting tripped up by Gamecock kids. Love it! Go 'Cocks!!! LOL!

UNC has never played USC in Columbia, why in hell would we play the Trojans anywhere other than LA or Chapel Hill?

The high that day was 95 and it was still 93 degrees at kickoff, you loon.

No shit. The game started while the sun was still visible over the top of the stadium. If I remember correctly, ESPN was talking about it being over 100 on the field at kickoff.

Don't get me wrong- I thought the stadium was cool enough and I liked the railroad cars all around the stadium. But Columbia is the armpit city of the south. Even Fayetteville thinks Columbia is terrible.

"Social right wingers and religious snake handlers" hahaha yeah that pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I grew up in Irmo, right outside of Cola. The only thing worse than Columbia is Columbia on game day.

You make my point.

I'm just wondering if we are going to rent a parking lot and tailgate like last time for the bowl game in Charlotte

a-troll-in-central-park-express-photo-01.jpg

How did y'all fall for the troll? He gave it away toward the end with the 'wine' comment. But whether he is or isn't a troll, the part I've quoted below is so SCar fan-esque that it's hilarious (but accurate):

Lolol. SCar fans. Can't live with 'em....but have to.

Columbia, SC...no thanks. It's Africa hot there.

Anybody that left Charleston for Columbia needs their head examined.

Reactions: heelbent
I like Columbia. I enjoy it on Gamedays....I hope we play home and home's more often. I've also enjoyed both of my trips to Chapel Hill. See you guys in August!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT