ADVERTISEMENT

North Texas OL Howard Sampson Commits to UNC

Thanks for the article, AJ.

Well, I thought it would be later in the Mack Brown 2.0 era that we would start accepting commits from 2 star players yet here we are. He went to UNT and didnt play much but we are offering him a scholarship.

Has it gotten this bad this quick? Wow.

Well, I thought it would be later in the Mack Brown 2.0 era that we would start accepting commits from 2 star players yet here we are. He went to UNT and didnt play much but we are offering him a scholarship.

Love the photo above.
Chickenhunter, Either it’s desperate times requiring desperate measures or they have evaluated him. I believe it’s the latter. The bunch of transfers we brought in last year seemed competitive and many contributed.

Look at the ratings of most of the portal guys from last year. Mack has been doing a pretty good job in the portal. Mostly bringing in players who weren't highly rated as recruits. Mack has his issues, but the portal hasn't been one of them.

He is considered a project, one that Clements recruited to UNT. Expect one of two more OL to transfer in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT