ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame AD's vision for college sports

Wouldn't surpise me, but the column seems to suggest that Duke, Stanford, ND etc would still be competitive against teams paying players. That's an absurd opinion- like Tyus Jones or Okafor would go to Duke if they would get paid by UNC (or any other P5 school) and play against better competition.

Originally posted by topdecktiger:

I found this story from a few days ago. Pretty odd, but interesting.
Notre Dame would win the NC in football every year with it divided that way

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
Dammit, you made me click on a Dennis Dodd story.

They have Virginia in one group but UNC in the other? Um, okay.
Very few people realize the importance of the UNC - UVa game. This includes current students. I've said this before, but if you polled 25 random students on UNC campus with the question "Which two ACC schools play yearly and have the oldest football rivalry in the South?" I bet no more than 6 would answer it correctly.

What I wonder is if he actually means this, or if this is more of a veiled reference to the viability of independence.

Originally posted by topdecktiger:

What I wonder is if he actually means this, or if this is more of a veiled reference to the viability of independence.
I took it more as an insult, as in "Virginia is actually interested in providing its student-athletes a quality education." Maybe that's just my hair-trigger response to the last five years. He might have been suggesting UNC has had a more visible/successful profile in revenue sports than UVA, but I doubt it. Dodd is an ABCer. Certainly more subtle than Gregggggg Doyel but it's there.

I can't think of two schools with more similarities than UNC and UVA. That's why I questioned their separation.

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:

Very few people realize the importance of the UNC - UVa game. This includes current students. I've said this before, but if you polled 25 random students on UNC campus with the question "Which two ACC schools play yearly and have the oldest football rivalry in the South?" I bet no more than 6 would answer it correctly.
True.

But we know, and so does everyone involved with anything at both schools.

When ND goes full in football, we may have such a schedule: only 2 teams annually with al others rotating 2 years on and 2 years off. UNC's 2 will be UVA and Dook.

I would much prefer not to play Moo at all, ever, in any sport, but short of that, no annual football game is a start. To be followed by not playing Moo twice annually in basketball.

Originally posted by WoadBlue:
Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:

True.

But we know, and so does everyone involved with anything at both schools.

When ND goes full in football, we may have such a schedule: only 2 teams annually with al others rotating 2 years on and 2 years off. UNC's 2 will be UVA and Dook.

I would much prefer not to play Moo at all, ever, in any sport, but short of that, no annual football game is a start. To be followed by not playing Moo twice annually in basketball.
Playing cow college every year is definitely a no win situation for us. Kinda like ECU. It's their biggest game of the year, because Carolina is Carolina, yet obviously nothing rawlee inspires the desire to win as much as it inspires the expectancy to.

This post was edited on 3/29 5:48 AM by uncboy10

Originally posted by WoadBlue:

You could actually get 4, depending on how the divisions are set up.

ADVERTISEMENT