ADVERTISEMENT

Official combine measurements

gauchoheel

Hall of Famer
Jul 29, 2016
If anyone is interested:

Nas, only 6-4.5 without shoes, but with a massive 7-1.25 wingspan. Longer than just about everyone but the centers. Also 224 lbs. Pretty crazy we played a guy at the 4 a lot this year (and I think occasionally at center) who is not even 6-5. It's not all about height!

Coby is 6-3.5, so only an inch shorter than Nas. Wingspan only 6-5, more than 8 inches shorter than Nas! Apparently he had 4.3% body fat.

Cam is a true 6-7, taller than the average NBA small forward. Impressive. 6-10 wingspan and 205 lbs.

Other interesting ones:

Kyle Guy is only 6-0.75 and only 168 lbs. Not sure who he's going to play defense against in the NBA!

Tacko Fall breaks the combine with 7-5.25 height without shoes, 289 pounds, and a 8-2.25 wingspan. Standing reach of 10 feet, 2 inches.

Taco is crazy huge! I cannot wait to see him patrol the lane in the pros! I foresee the Mtumbo finger wave resurfacing!

Nas is shorter than I suspected, but I noticed Coby was around his same height. I just thought Coby had grown, lol!

They play in shoes and that is measurement anyone cares about along with wingspan.
I always have to lol at the "they play with shoes" comments. Everyone plays every sport with shoes. Everyone wears shoes most of the time. Doesn't change your height. Go to the doctor's office and see how they measure your height.

It's especially irrelevant because height is all about comparing players anyway. Sure, Nas can fake that he's 6-6 by listing the "height with shoes", but then the 6-6 players become 6-8 when they do the same. Nas is shorter than average for a small forward, in shoes, socks, penny loafers, or sandals. The footwear couldn't matter less, but it doesn't mean he can't play.

Think Kyle Korver. Cam will have a long NBA career

Not saying he’s gonna be Klay Thompson but he will thrive in that kinda role. Doesnt even need to dribble - just move well without the ball and shoot when he’s open

Not saying he’s gonna be Klay Thompson but he will thrive in that kinda role. Doesnt even need to dribble - just move well without the ball and shoot when he’s open

Yeah, that's why I said Korver. He moves great without the ball

I always have to lol at the "they play with shoes" comments. Everyone plays every sport with shoes. Everyone wears shoes most of the time. Doesn't change your height. Go to the doctor's office and see how they measure your height.

It's especially irrelevant because height is all about comparing players anyway. Sure, Nas can fake that he's 6-6 by listing the "height with shoes", but then the 6-6 players become 6-8 when they do the same. Nas is shorter than average for a small forward, in shoes, socks, penny loafers, or sandals. The footwear couldn't matter less, but it doesn't mean he can't play.
About the most you can get in extra height in shoes is about 1.5" , maybe 1.75" without some serious orthotic. When his bio is listed for the team that drafts him and rosters are released , he will be listed at his height in shoes. Also I am not a NBA basketball player/prospect , so not really sure what a Dr's physical for me has to do with this.

If anyone is interested:

Nas, only 6-4.5 without shoes, but with a massive 7-1.25 wingspan. Longer than just about everyone but the centers. Also 224 lbs. Pretty crazy we played a guy at the 4 a lot this year (and I think occasionally at center) who is not even 6-5. It's not all about height!

Coby is 6-3.5, so only an inch shorter than Nas. Wingspan only 6-5, more than 8 inches shorter than Nas! Apparently he had 4.3% body fat.

Cam is a true 6-7, taller than the average NBA small forward. Impressive. 6-10 wingspan and 205 lbs.

Other interesting ones:

Kyle Guy is only 6-0.75 and only 168 lbs. Not sure who he's going to play defense against in the NBA!

Tacko Fall breaks the combine with 7-5.25 height without shoes, 289 pounds, and a 8-2.25 wingspan. Standing reach of 10 feet, 2 inches.
I thought Cam was taller than 6'7". I thought they listed him at 6'9" to 6'10" last year. Anyway, I hope he succeeds.

Those body fat %'s are insane. I know a lot of kids/ young men in similar situations (like Justin Jackson, and I'm guessing BRob, maybe Leaky) have to fight / eat like crazy to put on any weight, but I just can't imagine having a body fat % that low....low single digits.

Coaches and players have inflated their height's since forever. I was 5'11" since the 6th grade (although 115 lbs until my junior year) but on the roster I was listed as a 6'1" PG. Our stud player was a 6'1" SG but was listed as 6'5". He had a ton of bounce and dunked a lot of balls, but he was the same height as me if I had shoes on and he didnt.

Reactions: gauchoheel
I thought Cam was taller than 6'7". I thought they listed him at 6'9" to 6'10" last year. Anyway, I hope he succeeds.

Those body fat %'s are insane. I know a lot of kids/ young men in similar situations (like Justin Jackson, and I'm guessing BRob, maybe Leaky) have to fight / eat like crazy to put on any weight, but I just can't imagine having a body fat % that low....low single digits.
He’s listed as 6’8 or 6’9 because it’s his height in shoes. All the rosters list the heights in shoes, which inflate things by 1-2 inches over these measurements. 6-7 is plus height for a SF though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT