ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt arrogance

Gotta love the response like 7 or 8 posts down

"TheConjuntoPanther wrote: Simply stated, I am not very optimistic about our record this year. That being said, Narduzzi will be a good coach but he will need time. I hope I am wrong.....very wrong."

--

You should not worry at all about the bold statement seeing your usually wrong anyways...

Yeah I know @UNC_Blue and I have always been on the same page with respect to how annoying Pitt fans are.

Their board reads like a Wuffie board. Every thread is about Penn State.

ETA: When I say "their board" I mean their Rivals board. Didn't realize Blue had linked their TOS board.

Also, just to add, arrogance aside, I'm worried about the Pitt game this year. They have some stud offensive weapons to contend with. At least we know the crowd won't be hostile :p

Yeah I know @UNC_Blue and I have always been on the same page with respect to how annoying Pitt fans are.

Their board reads like a Wuffie board. Every thread is about Penn State.

ETA: When I say "their board" I mean their Rivals board. Didn't realize Blue had linked their TOS board.

Also, just to add, arrogance aside, I'm worried about the Pitt game this year. They have some stud offensive weapons to contend with. At least we know the crowd won't be hostile :p

They are even the same way in BB, they haven't actually ever lost to UNC, they were somehow cheated out of wins.

As far as the football games, last years game could have gone either way. But they weren't beating us up in it and deserving of a win.

The game 2 years ago, we were absolutely skull dragging them when Vic pulled one of his idiotic moves at halftime. We had been blitzing and stunting, keeping them totally off balance. When Vic decided "Oooops, enough of that gosh durn pressure, 2-3 man rushes the rest of the game"... which allowed their QB time to try and find receivers. Even with that idiocy, it took UNC turning the ball over twice, two fumbles on one play even, inside our 15 yard line... for them to close the gap. Literally, they had a span of luck ( UNC bad luck ) that was RW horseshoe like in nature, just to make it close, and they act like they were the better team.

Reactions: Raising Heel
^ totally agree. I'm just worried about this year's game. Especially if we are having a good season by that point. It's a Thursday night game so their players will be hyped, as will their 37 fans in attendance.

Curiously though, we've done well on road Thursday night games under Fedora (Virginia in 2012, Duke last year, for example).

Pitt fans are the equivalent of NC State fans. NC State fans HATE UNC more than they love their own program. Ditto the same of Pitt who HATE Penn State more than they love their own program. Take a look at either of their own boards and you will see many post about UNC on NC State board and Penn State on Pitt board.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Somebody needs to tell Pitt fans: When you let a team return two (!) punts for a touchdown in the same game, the college football code of honor says you should help yourself a steaming cup of STFU.
To be fair....only like 3,500 of their fans were there to see the game. Out of sight, out of mind I guess ;)

came over to this board and was shocked to see so much anti Pitt venom.. Attended pitt/unc game last year and had a great time people were great and very friendly... I must say though was hardly a hostile environment.. plenty of empty seats.. This years game at Heinz will draw around 50K which isnt bad for a pro city.. As for the result.. I like pitt in this one though whichever team decides to play defense will win... Last years game was close to 7 on 7 football... Anyhow outcome bad for pitt team but personally had a great time and will come again.. additionally I have traveled to away pitt games once a year for over ten years... I have never seen them win.. For me though I enjoy meeting new folks, local brew etc.. this year its Atlanta.. hope to see you guys in Pittsburgh, its a fun city and the north shore area is nice.. you will enjoy it!

I actually have Pitt as one of my 3-4 predicted losses. Not because we are not better than them but I feel like this is the game we will not show up for, get big headed due to a decent start to this point and get beat.

came over to this board and was shocked to see so much anti Pitt venom.. Attended pitt/unc game last year and had a great time people were great and very friendly... I must say though was hardly a hostile environment.. plenty of empty seats.. This years game at Heinz will draw around 50K which isnt bad for a pro city.. As for the result.. I like pitt in this one though whichever team decides to play defense will win... Last years game was close to 7 on 7 football... Anyhow outcome bad for pitt team but personally had a great time and will come again.. additionally I have traveled to away pitt games once a year for over ten years... I have never seen them win.. For me though I enjoy meeting new folks, local brew etc.. this year its Atlanta.. hope to see you guys in Pittsburgh, its a fun city and the north shore area is nice.. you will enjoy it!
It's because your board reads exactly like an NC State board.

I must say though was hardly a hostile environment.. plenty of empty seats.. This years game at Heinz will draw around 50K which isnt bad for a pro city..

img_3944__Medium_.0.0.jpg

It's because your board reads exactly like an NC State board.
You need to clarify this. No board, even WVU, acts just like Crack Ride. Pitt fans are driven by hatred of UNC. What you mean is that you see Pitt fans obsessing over Penn St, spending huge amounts of time and energy focused on hating PSU.

Pitt fan here coming in peace. I do not remember the last time there was talk of UNC on the premium Pitt Rivals board so …… no we don’t hate UNC more than we love our own team. The game last year still burns in my stomach and looking forward to UNC coming to Heinz in late October. Hoping for snow!

Pitt fans are the equivalent of NC State fans. NC State fans HATE UNC more than they love their own program. Ditto the same of Pitt who HATE Penn State more than they love their own program. Take a look at either of their own boards and you will see many post about UNC on NC State board and Penn State on Pitt board.

Pitt fan here coming in peace. I do not remember the last time there was talk of UNC on the premium Pitt Rivals board so …… no we don’t hate UNC more than we love our own team. The game last year still burns in my stomach and looking forward to UNC coming to Heinz in late October. Hoping for snow!
No no, you hate Penn State more than you like your own team. This reminds us of our inbred neighbors NC State who legitimately hate us more than they like their own school/team. That's the analogy here.

Look, I'm sure real life Pitt fans are good people, but your (free) Rivals football board reads kinda like an NC State board (feel free to hop over to the "NC State Sports" forum on packpride.com to see what I'm talking about. I'm guessing there's anywhere from 5-7 UNC threads within the first 20 threads on the page).

No no, you hate Penn State more than you like your own team. This reminds us of our inbred neighbors NC State who legitimately hate us more than they like their own school/team. That's the analogy here.

Look, I'm sure real life Pitt fans are good people, but your (free) Rivals football board reads kinda like an NC State board (feel free to hop over to the "NC State Sports" forum on packpride.com to see what I'm talking about. I'm guessing there's anywhere from 5-7 UNC threads within the first 20 threads on the page).
My post may also have misled him. Because I typed 'Pitt' when I meant to type NCSU.

There is a line between having fun taking shots at rivals and obsessing insanely. The Shaggy Bevo site has a thread on Texas A&M that is nearly 500 pages of making fun of Aggies. Because it displays no envy and no paranoia, but does a good deal of humor, it is not obsession. It is a series of running jokes.

Another point on the "like the wolpfack" angle... according to your fans, you have actually never been beaten by UNC, in football or basketball, by the work of some weird cabal you were somehow cheated out of your well deserved victory.

UNC still isn't a threat to beat Pitt, we didn't even make the list of teams that MIGHT be able to beat might Pitt...

http://www.scout.com/college/pittsb...de-the-huddle/14523077-acc-recruiting-classes

The ACC is going to get better and better each year. In terms of winning or losing, it's hard to tell what pic will do. If Pittsburgh wins 8 games this coming year I will be thrilled. The schedule is a lot tougher then it was last year. Oklahoma State, Penn State, Clemson, Miami could very well be losses.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Penn State is not in the category of those other three ...lol. Pitt will be favored.

Otherwise, like most programs, some blogs are more goofy than others. Don't follow the Scout forum. Hilarious.

Pitt seems like they will have a good football program with their coach and all but honestly, I watched the Pitt game and never really thought Pitt had a chance. Sure, they made it a game but honestly, what game did the Pitt fans watch?

Wanted Pitt to beat Notre Dame and finished ranked. That would have helped us. No one can predict next season but if we have the same team spirit and winning attitude, I'd think most reasonable fans would expect us to win.

That being said we had an exceptional year where everyone really played well, hard, intelligently and got it done. That's what it takes. Minus that, though we are very talented, we aren't going to overwhelm with just talent. We are more a blue collar program in a lot of ways. We don't have stacks of 5 star recruits like Alabama. We can win, beat anyone, even go undefeated but we have to give it our all and have that certain mental edge, however one wants to define it.

We had it last year. We were weak on the D-line and had injuries there and lacked depth. Outside of that, we're playing Alabama for the title match, and we could well be doing that next year.

Pitt may be a good team, could beat us, but they are not yet at that level.

Pitt seems like they will have a good football program with their coach and all but honestly, I watched the Pitt game and never really thought Pitt had a chance. Sure, they made it a game but honestly, what game did the Pitt fans watch?

Wanted Pitt to beat Notre Dame and finished ranked. That would have helped us. No one can predict next season but if we have the same team spirit and winning attitude, I'd think most reasonable fans would expect us to win.

That being said we had an exceptional year where everyone really played well, hard, intelligently and got it done. That's what it takes. Minus that, though we are very talented, we aren't going to overwhelm with just talent. We are more a blue collar program in a lot of ways. We don't have stacks of 5 star recruits like Alabama. We can win, beat anyone, even go undefeated but we have to give it our all and have that certain mental edge, however one wants to define it.

We had it last year. We were weak on the D-line and had injuries there and lacked depth. Outside of that, we're playing Alabama for the title match, and we could well be doing that next year.

Pitt may be a good team, could beat us, but they are not yet at that level.
Yeah and I believe we are at home too.

We are at home. The spread in that game will be UNC -7. Not sure how Pitt fans think thats a guaranteed win when they'll be a TD underdog...

We are at home. The spread in that game will be UNC -7. Not sure how Pitt fans think thats a guaranteed win when they'll be a TD underdog...
It's a crappy home game too because Pitt fans don't travel. The ones that will be there will be the ones who live in Cary.

The Pitt turnout at our home game in 2014 was pretty lousy. I know it's a long way to go but still. You'd think they'd jump at the chance to see a game at an on-campus stadium.

It's a crappy home game too because Pitt fans don't travel. The ones that will be there will be the ones who live in Cary.

The Pitt turnout at our home game in 2014 was pretty lousy. I know it's a long way to go but still. You'd think they'd jump at the chance to see a game at an on-campus stadium.

That is because they only have about 1000 fans.

So true. Just look at any Pitt board and it is all PSU threads.

I like how pItt claims 9 national championships. I guess the loss to Nave is their 10th national championship.

If you look at some of their "championships" in the early 1900s they were actually playing high school and D2 teams. What a joke.

I like how pItt claims 9 national championships. I guess the loss to Nave is their 10th national championship.

If you look at some of their "championships" in the early 1900s they were actually playing high school and D2 teams. What a joke.
You're confusing this board for a Penn State board, friend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT