ADVERTISEMENT

Planned Murder ...I mean Parenthood

I don't "reject the Bible" at all. I simply interpret it much differently than you. I certainly don't look for ways to justify murdering people. Not babies, not fetuses, not children, not full grown adults or any humans who might worship differently than me and live in a location that some group of human beings in some man-made capitol decided were enemies. They aren't MY enemies.
I don't look for ways to justify anything. It is all in the Bible you deride as written by men, when the Bible itself says that all scripture is breath by God as men are carried along by the Holy Spirit. But, of course, if you actually read the Bible you would know that... and then promptly reject it.

The book of Job is a great illustration of blessings and curses. Works do not guarantee either.
Job was essentially a wager between God and Satan. Satan lost big-time! Job, while tested, came out better than he started out... Reader's digest version for Strum.

I don't look for ways to justify anything. It is all in the Bible you deride as written by men, when the Bible itself says that all scripture is breath by God as men are carried along by the Holy Spirit. But, of course, if you actually read the Bible you would know that... and then promptly reject it.
These words that I am writing right now are the "Breath of God."

I don't look for ways to justify anything.

When you endorse the bombing and killing of innocent people, and you yourself are a instrument in that activity, and then you cite some verse that says "There will be wars and rumors of wars.... nation will rise against nation.... these are the birth pangs..." and you have no remorse for your role in their deaths, is the epitome of JUSTIFYING your actions!

I do not believe it is meant to be taken in a present-day, literal context.

Nuk, your entire attitude, perspective and understanding of Scripture is nothing at all but an extension of your personal, political and social agenda.

When you endorse the bombing and killing of innocent people, and you yourself are a instrument in that activity, and then you cite some verse that says "There will be wars and rumors of wars.... nation will rise against nation.... these are the birth pangs..." and you have no remorse for your role in their deaths, is the epitome of JUSTIFYING your actions!

I do not believe it is meant to be taken in a present-day, literal context.

Well, if you are goading me into recanting my military service, you will be sadly disappointed. I dedicated that service to God, my nation, and the people I protected. I served a nation at war. What were you doing? Getting high and watching tube?
And you use New Age drivel to JUSTIFY your actions. What's your point?

Last edited:
Nuk, your entire attitude, perspective and understanding of Scripture is nothing at all but an extension of your personal, political and social agenda.
And your attitude, perspective, and understanding of anything is an extension of your desire to do whatever you want, whenever you want, the rule be damned! That is your agenda. So, what's your point?

It's funny... Jesus of Nazareth was vilified by the Sanhedrin and the Pharisees and Sadducees as spreading "New Age drivel." Would you scream for Barabbas if I stood accused next to him?

My actions don't have body counts and don't bring pain and suffering to innocent people. Your attitude and actions are only, at best, saving unborn fetuses. You'll pull the switch on an execution. You'll push the button on a missile. If "New Age drivel" is responsible for me having the opposite of yours? I'll gladly take it.

And your attitude, perspective, and understanding of anything is an extension of your desire to do whatever you want, whenever you want, the rule be damned! That is your agenda. So, what's your point?
I have never once exhibited or called for a lack of restraint. Never, ever, one time. I explicitly call for a BALANCE of one's own existence. Balance requires restraint and adherence to better judgement.

Why not? Why am I less qualified than any other person who recognizes that God is the author of the Universe and is the higher consciousness that we all strive for? Am I not qualified because i don't use earthly, human references like "King" or "Him" or "He" or "Father?" Or, is it just because my understanding and interpretation threatens the fear-based version you live under?

It's funny... Jesus of Nazareth was vilified by the Sanhedrin and the Pharisees and Sadducees as spreading "New Age drivel." Would you scream for Barabbas if I stood accused next to him?

My actions don't have body counts and don't bring pain and suffering to innocent people. Your attitude and actions are only, at best, saving unborn fetuses. You'll pull the switch on an execution. You'll push the button on a missile. If "New Age drivel" is responsible for me having the opposite of yours? I'll gladly take it.

No He wasn't! Man, you are so lost. Like I said, I served a nation at war. You did nothing. You are nothing.

I have never once exhibited or called for a lack of restraint. Never, ever, one time. I explicitly call for a BALANCE of one's own existence. Balance requires restraint and adherence to better judgement.
Bull. That is a bold face lie.

Why not? Why am I less qualified than any other person who recognizes that God is the author of the Universe and is the higher consciousness that we all strive for? Am I not qualified because i don't use earthly, human references like "King" or "Him" or "He" or "Father?" Or, is it just because my understanding and interpretation threatens the fear-based version you live under?
Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. If you reject His Word, you reject Him, Three in One.

No He wasn't!

Really? Now, who's not reading The Bible? The Pharisees and Sadducees and Sanhedrin were in direct conflict with Jesus of Nazareth. They called for his execution! They tested him. They were threatened by his words and teachings. He was a threat to their beliefs, social position and power.

Really? Now, who's not reading The Bible? The Pharisees and Sadducees and Sanhedrin were in direct conflict with Jesus of Nazareth. They called for his execution! They tested him. They were threatened by his words and teachings. He was a threat to their beliefs, social position and power.
He wasn't New Age in the sense you ascribe. I agree with your description of His relationship to the power structure of the Jewish leadership. But, He did not come to destroy Jewish Law, but to fulfill it.

He wasn't New Age in the sense you ascribe. I agree with your description of His relationship to the power structure of the Jewish leadership. But, He did not come to destroy Jewish Law, but to fulfill it.
Again... difference of interpretation.

One of us stands condemning and accusing the other throughout this exchange.

Reactions: UNC71-00
No you've gone to the extreme of dictating how a person gains, or acquires, Faith. Wow!
This is not my opinion, it is Scriptural. Read the Bible.

Romans 10:17New King James Version (NKJV)
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I'm condemning and accusing you? Whatever you say.
Well, let's see... According to you, I'm lying, I intentionally killed innocent women and children (or, at least indirectly), and I would pick Barabas over Jesus at His trial. I may have let a few others ride...

Well, I agree with that sentiment. I think Faith does develop and strengthen as one comes to know God. I simply don't believe that God restricted that knowledge and understanding to one special group of people. That has a very selfish vibe to it. I don't feel that God is selfish. In fact, I'm not sure I believe God experiences emotions as we do in our finite vessels.

The whole religion/exclusive club/we-have-it-right-and-everyone-else-is-wrong approach sounds totally man-made to me.

Well, I agree with that sentiment. I think Faith does develop and strengthen as one comes to know God. I simply don't believe that God restricted that knowledge and understanding to one special group of people. That has a very selfish vibe to it. I don't feel that God is selfish. In fact, I'm not sure I believe God experiences emotions as we do in our finite vessels.

The whole religion/exclusive club/we-have-it-right-and-everyone-else-is-wrong approach sounds totally man-made to me.
It is not sentiment, it is fact.

Well, let's see... According to you, I'm lying, I intentionally killed innocent women and children (or, at least indirectly), and I would pick Barabas over Jesus at His trial. I may have let a few others ride...
I ASKED YOU IF YOU WOULD CHOOSE ME! I never said you would. Go back and read. And, yes, you are lying when you say I reject God. I've never said, nor implied, that you reject God at all. I simply see you as more aligned with, and driven by, the doctrine of the church and the religious (man-made) "laws" than exhibiting the behavior of Jesus Christ. God speaks through countless voices and through countless hands. Not just the handful that got their books compiled in the Protestant Bible.

And, yes, I do feel that your excuse for condoning the killing of innocent people to be a justified excuse that you pulled from Scripture to fit a modern-day narrative that you believe is right. I'll accept that one. You got me there.

Again, you take it literal. You take it completely literal. I take things too literally myself. It's usually not a good thing when I do it. You might want to consider the same thing.
I believe in a literal hermeneutic when reading Scripture - I take it at face value and try to apply it the best I can.

I ASKED YOU IF YOU WOULD CHOOSE ME! I never said you would. Go back and read. And, yes, you are lying when you say I reject God. I've never said, nor implied, that you reject God at all. I simply see you as more aligned with, and driven by, the doctrine of the church and the religious (man-made) "laws" than exhibiting the behavior of Jesus Christ. God speaks through countless voices and through countless hands. Not just the handful that got their books compiled in the Protestant Bible.

And, yes, I do feel that your excuse for condoning the killing of innocent people to be a justified excuse that you pulled from Scripture to fit a modern-day narrative that you believe is right. I'll accept that one. You got me there.
How can you rationally have faith in God or Jesus when you don't believe Scripture is authoritative? You deride Scripture as something dreamed up by men. Why do you believe in God? Did Jesus die on the cross for our sins, for the entire world's sins? Have you accepted Him as your personal Savior? If so, on what basis would you have such beliefs and make such a commitment?

Romans 10:17 is not a sentiment, it is based on rational thought and reason.

Again... difference of interpretation.

One of us stands condemning and accusing the other throughout this exchange.

Yep.

Leave it alone Strum. He's never been wrong about anything and anyone who doesn't agree with him is a threat and should be condemned.

And Nuk, I agree with you on a good many things, but not this. If you can't understand that people interpret the Bible differently and that much of it is open to interpretation, then that's your Cross to bear.

I'm guessing Paul got his faith when he was still Saul and he saw Jesus on the road to Damascus and he said "Why do you persecute me." Then went blind for a while. That's a bit more than just hearing the Word alone. People gain faith by all kinds of examples. If just hearing the Word of God made a person have Faith then everyone reading this would have it.

I would say that you help to maintain it, and invigorate it through prayer, speaking to God, reading Scripture, and just generally making a strong effort to know God.

I don't mean to go off topic on this but what do you guys think God is? Serious question. Is he a highly advanced being, someone who is so far advanced from us that we can't even understand what he is? Are we like an anthill on the side of an interstate highway? An ant has no way of knowing what is going on around him and you can't explain it to him, are we like that? Are there beings so far advanced from us that we are not even able to tell that they are around us? (like ant ant)?

Sorry for going off topic...
I think this is really on-topic... at this point.

I think my understanding, or perception, of God, while I am still in this mortal shell, is my intuition, my instincts, my conscience most of all. I think our conscience is our main line to God while we're in this form. Prayer and focusing our thoughts directly toward God intensifies it, I think. I know George Harrison is someone I really look to as an example. He is someone that I firmly believe was really in-tune with God. Mantras were helpful for him.

I really wanna study and explore Buddhism. Everything I have read and know about it really makes me feel like that is something I can really identify with. I am also considering Catholicism as well. I have some very close friends who are Catholic and have attended some masses and gotten to know some of them, and it's a good feeling I have with them.

As far as after this body expires, I think "God" is the higher consciousness, the Higher Power that makes everything balanced and we go back into an eternal energy. It's something I try to learn more about every day. Maybe God is a massive energy. As George Carlin said "The Big Electron!"

Allowing punishment is the same thing as saying our consequences, whether directly or indirectly, are the causes. It is different than saying God punishes. I really have no idea what the first sentence in your last paragraph means. God most certainly punished people before Jesus. Anyone who believes the Bible understands that. I certainly don't ignore the life that Christ offers and I do not think God goes around punishing people. Our sins, and the fact that this is a fallen world, naturally allows for crappy ('punishments') things to happen. There are consequences. Most of the time those are our fault. In the more generic sense, they are always our fault. It isn't God knowing we have sinned and smiting us though.

So you don't believe God cares whether we sin against Him or not ... He simply shakes his head and says "Well, they're making their choices but I don't care." If He does not punish, then you must believe He is apathetic towards it. What do you think "...for the wages of sin is death" means?? Hello ... punishment for sin!

This is one of the biggest problems with Christianity today; a watered down view of the severity and reality of our sins, the damage they cause in our relationship to Christ and a lack of a healthy fear of the hand of God.

My son can make the CHOICE (out of free will) to punch his sister ... but just because he made the choice does not mean I won't punish him. I'm not ALLOWING the punishment, I'm administering it because of his poor choices. It's that simple between God and mankind.

So you don't believe God cares whether we sin against Him or not ... He simply shakes his head and says "Well, they're making their choices but I don't care." If He does not punish, then you must believe He is apathetic towards it. What do you think "...for the wages of sin is death" means?? Hello ... punishment for sin!

This is one of the biggest problems with Christianity today; a watered down view of the severity and reality of our sins, the damage they cause in our relationship to Christ and a lack of a healthy fear of the hand of God.

My son can make the CHOICE (out of free will) to punch his sister ... but just because he made the choice does not mean I won't punish him. I'm not ALLOWING the punishment, I'm administering it because of his poor choices. It's that simple between God and mankind.

Will you punish your child every time he punches his sister?

Does God punish every Christian sinner every time they commit a sin?

As they say in China " Rotsa ruck " . . .

And you are correct, the republican party is slowly dying.

Says the democrat whose party got their asses handed to them in the last midterms. Me thinks it's demise has been greatly exaggerated.

Will you punish your child every time he punches his sister?

Does God punish every Christian sinner every time they commit a sin?
To me, this is exactly how religions and people "humanize" God. We don't really have a choice but to do that on some level, I suppose. Our brains are only so sophisticated.

To me, this is exactly how religions and people "humanize" God. We don't really have a choice but to do that on some level, I suppose. Our brains are only so sophisticated.
Actually, I do think we are punished every time we sin. But the punishment is always that the sinner, through the act of committing the sin, has distanced himself from God. Other than that, there are no punitive actions taken by God on the sinner.

Actually, I do think we are punished every time we sin. But the punishment is always that the sinner, through the act of committing the sin, has distanced himself from God. Other than that, there are no punitive actions taken by God on the sinner.
Yeah.... I agree with that. Our conscience KNOWS what we did was wrong or right. We know if our actions create turmoil or imbalance within ourselves or against others, or both. The punishment is sort of self-imposed. That punishment can take many forms, obviously, and not always visible to others.

Or, we later come to realize that it was wrong, if we once thought it right. But, usually the conscience knows and I believe our conscience is our personal direct conduit to God, if not God's presence within us precisely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT