ADVERTISEMENT

Positive Sign on the Ingram Recruitment . .

BillyL

Resident Idiot
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2005
BI has arranged to announce his college choice at Kinston HS . . right in the heart of Tar Heel Country.

I'm guessing we are getting a big commit come Monday afternoon.

JMHHO

Reactions: Grayhead
That really doesn't mean much. He is not coming to UNC. Until the NCAA rules on UNC, UNC is not getting another big time recruit. Maybe Ingram should go out of state to announce, since less than 10% of the students at Duke are actually from NC.

If, he was picking dOOk, would he be announcing that choice in front of his classmates that are 85% UNC fans . . ? Or would you just go home and send out a text or tweet ' I'm going to dOOk ' . .

I've made no secret that I want Brandon very badly, maybe, it's just me looking for yet another positive tea leave that says he wants to play at UNC.

He's headed to dook where he can definitely start and play 35+ minutes per game and take as many shots as he wants ... and don't kid yourself, with Ingram in the lineup dook will be a FF contender again.

I totally agree that he would make dOOk a formidable team that could, with others, put them in the running for another FF.

Unless our guys toughen up and develop a killer instinct, it won't be. Talent and experience alone won't do it.

Being from that area myself, I agree that the numbers are similar, but that 15% Duke fanbase is growing RAPIDLY and I can't understand it to save my life! Duke isn't for the people of NC in my opinion. I BEG someone, anyone, to tell me ONE KID east of Raleigh that has EVER GONE TO DUKE UNDER K! We're talking nearly 40 years.

So with that said, the DUKE/CAROLINA fan thing in Eastern NC especially has intensified big time lately, really since 010... More and more dookies sprouting out of nowhere, all just because, and they LOVE to be the villain. Maybe BI is that type!

I think this means nothing. Most kids announce at their HS, BI is no different.

I don't think we've turned him into superman. Just from a program perspective, you never want to see a kid in your own backyard with this much talent, get away... ESPECIALLY to your rival.

Reactions: Grayhead
I don't think we've turned him into superman. Just from a program perspective, you never want to see a kid in your own backyard with this much talent, get away... ESPECIALLY to your rival.
Especially a kid that has seemingly been a UNC lock for quite sometime allow K to swoop down on his rope and pull him away..

It's a positive sign if you're BillyL :D

Most kids announce at their high school. This kid is announcing his decision to play for dook at his high school. It's been pretty clear for anyone who's been paying attention. Brandon Ingram is going to dook. He's not coming to UNC for reasons that have been blatantly addressed. It sucks for UNC and for Roy, but them's the breaks. It's another casualty of the AFAM scandal. There will probably be more. Personally, I think the kid used the AFAM thing to slam UNC. If he was a life-long dook fan, and being recruited by their rival, he might be inclined to sneak in a jab to help bring them down even more. Why not? It is a rivalry. Regardless, he's not coming to UNC. I don't care if his mom loves Roy Williams, or Jerry Stackhouse built him a treehouse as a kid, or a baby blue fairy landed in his Wheaties this morning, or any other lame straw you want to try to grasp.

Try to be more enthused about the kids that are staying and the potential the team will have rather than being obsessed with a player that's going to play for your arch rival.

So I'm guessing the majority think it's DOOK.. My question to those on the board is this.,, When did he become a DOOK get? Was it the second visit? Was the second visit a chance to seal the deal? I'm unsure just like everyone else with this kid. But I think the second visit was because he told RATFACE he was going to CAROLINA!! I wanna belive he brought every possible person with him to try in a last ditch effort to sway this kid to DOOK! And it didn't work!! I like the kid, and would love to have him play in the CAROLINA BLUE!, but more then anything, we need him to commit for reasons more then just winning games! I dont wanna lose to DOOK for the third time this year!

So I'm guessing the majority think it's DOOK.. My question to those on the board is this.,, When did he become a DOOK get? Was it the second visit? Was the second visit a chance to seal the deal? I'm unsure just like everyone else with this kid. But I think the second visit was because he told RATFACE he was going to CAROLINA!! I wanna belive he brought every possible person with him to try in a last ditch effort to sway this kid to DOOK! And it didn't work!! I like the kid, and would love to have him play in the CAROLINA BLUE!, but more then anything, we need him to commit for reasons more then just winning games! I dont wanna lose to DOOK for the third time this year!

Thornton reclassifying the day of the 2nd meeting made him a Duke get. Ingram openly voiced that his concern with Duke was a lack of a PG for next year.

Dook looks good to sign him ,but I would not be surprise if kensucky gets him.

He's headed to dook where he can definitely start and play 35+ minutes per game and take as many shots as he wants ... and don't kid yourself, with Ingram in the lineup dook will be a FF contender again.
There it is, bleed. It has little or nothing to do with NCAA stuff at this point. In fact, I'm confident Roy pretty much knows there will be no penalties and Ingram has been told this. Likely won't matter anyway.

Billy, I am going to post the Monday schedule for ALL UNC fans to see. Again, this is Brandon's announcement schedule. The rest of the provided link is just the local press both informing the public about certain things and the timeline that the press will have to get in a couple of question to Brandon. If he chooses Duke then I firmly believe that he will be making a large mistake. Theo will be one heck of a defender by the middle of next season(JMHO). Regardless, UNC fans need to stay above the fray if he chooses Dook. Handle your posts with a first class attitude. If he chooses UNC then I would expect a rather WILD celebration on Franklin Street as the final piece to the puzzle will then be in the UNC Fold! Gonna' be a long weekend...

http://www.kinston.com/sports/local/brandon-ingram-announcement-ceremony-schedule-details-1.469272?tc=cr

He's been a Duke lean for quite some time if you listen to the right people.

Unless our guys toughen up and develop a killer instinct, it won't be. Talent and experience alone won't do it.

That is the one thing that I have been complaining about for years. We have ZERO players that are tough or have a killer instinct. Looks like Joel Berry might be that guy and the first we've had since Hansbrough.

As I always say, bringing back the same players a year later guarantees NOTHING. It only means they are a year older.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT