ADVERTISEMENT

Prayer request

mtpeke

All-American
Feb 7, 2007
Something is wrong with my 75 yr old mom. MRI yesterday and cat scan today. Stomach hurts and elevated liver labs. I really want her to get better. She and my dad are my rock. I'm really trying to not assume the worst. We as a family went through the worst case situation with my aunt 15 years ago this month...prays of healing please.

Something is wrong with my 75 yr old mom. MRI yesterday and cat scan today. Stomach hurts and elevated liver labs. I really want her to get better. She and my dad are my rock. I'm really trying to not assume the worst. We as a family went through the worst case situation with my aunt 15 years ago this month...prays of healing please.
Hopefully the testing reveals something that can be remedied easily. Prayers for you and your family, as well as the folks treating your mom. Please keep us updated.

Reactions: nctransplant
Thanks everyone. Test is over...and now we wait. May be Monday before we know the results.

We got a bit of good news. It appears she has some sort of stone in her liver that is causing the pain. Will meet with the GI doc this week. Surgery to follow is out understanding at this point.

We got a bit of good news. It appears she has some sort of stone in her liver that is causing the pain. Will meet with the GI doc this week. Surgery to follow is out understanding at this point.
Thoughts and prayers for your mother and the entire mtpeke family.

Thanks everyone. Hard to wait for the phone to ring as we have to wait for the referral to come into the GI docs office.

That's a good start. My understanding is that liver stones can often be removed via endoscopy, which is much less invasive than traditional surgery. Sending good thoughts your way....

Surgery was yesterday, she did really well. Removed 2 huge stones and she is home resting. Still have to wait on some blood work but so far so good. thanks for the prayers

me too. I think it will but they are testing EVERYTHING just to make sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT