ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Contest Rule Changes Effective Immediately

Steat

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
We normally have some our posters reduce their participation towards the end of the season because they are too far back to place in the contests. Thus, I am always trying to think of ways to make the contests interesting for the entire season.

Here are some changes I'm going to implement immediately. I welcome any feedback.

Here are our 5 contests:

Contest 5: Early Season Non-Conference Contest (only games that UNC participating )
Winners: Top 6 players win 3-month subscription to Premium
7 games

• Battle for Atlantis (Possible opponents - Arkansas, Memphis, Michigan, Texas Tech, Villanova)
  • Tennessee (ACC/SEC Challenge)
  • UConn (Jimmy V Classic)
  • Kentucky (CBS Sports Classic)
  • Oklahoma (Jumpman Invitational)

Contest Rules:
Contest #1: Total points for entire season (SEE CHANGE BELOW)
Contest #2: Reset: Total points after game #15
Contest #3: Final Four Pool Bracket (Top 64 players)
Contest #4 Grand Prize: Total points ACC and NCAA tournaments games through title game (contest continues even if UNC eliminated)
Contest #5 Early Season Non-Conference Contest

CHANGES
Contest #1: Winners will be declared immediately after game #15.
Prizes will be distributed within 2 weeks.

Contest #5: Winners will be declared immediately after Oklahoma game (Jumpman Invitational)
Prizes will be distributed within 2 weeks.

I want to get these prizes out quicker, plus reduce the amount of administrated work which helps me reduce the errors. Thus, after game #15 everyone gets a fresh start and hopefully we can get more participation in Contest# 2 for the rest of the season.

Also, I may increase triple point games to help reduce runaway winners (smile).

There are a couple of administrated issues with a couple of winners from last year. I hope to get these issues resolved today and get your subscriptions processed. Please look for an email and please follow the instructions.

Finally, I personally play for the fun of it. I will donate any prize that I win this year.

Go Heels!
Steat

Thanks for constantly thinking of ways to make the experience even better! I know it is a lot of work, but know we appreciate it! I play for fun too, but winning is always even more fun!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT