ADVERTISEMENT

Rawle Alkins (NY) gets an offer

Saw him play this past season, he's a bulldog. Big, physical guard who overpowers a lot of smaller guards. Jumper needs a ton of work, it's not near being something he can rely on consistently. He's not 6'7'', he's about 6'3/6'4'. Transition game is great which is obviously important with our system. He'd fit in well with Jalek.

Saw him play this past season, he's a bulldog. Big, physical guard who overpowers a lot of smaller guards. Jumper needs a ton of work, it's not near being something he can rely on consistently. He's not 6'7'', he's about 6'3/6'4'. Transition game is great which is obviously important with our system. He'd fit in well with Jalek.
Yes your correct dadika13, he's not 6'7. I was thinking about another player. Bulldog is the correct. He's plays with a level of toughness which I like. Seems he's also playing with a chip on his shoulders due to him not being ranked as high as he should.

Jumper needs a ton of work, it's not near being something he can rely on consistently.
Consistently..we'll wait and see..but from those highlights..doesn't seem like it needs "a ton of work"!!..overall,I like this kids game..bout time for us to bring in another NYC guard!!

Consistently..we'll wait and see..but from those highlights..doesn't seem like it needs "a ton of work"!!..overall,I like this kids game..bout time for us to bring in another NYC guard!!

Consistently is the key. I bet they showed the 10-12 jumpers he made the entire weekend in that highlight video.

Look, the kid is phenomenal. If there is one area of his game that needs work it's that, but we would be VERY lucky to have him come to town.

Reactions: ACokeForRoy

WG whose outside shot needs a lot of work?

I see warning signs.

Kid average 23.8 points in the Peach Jam and threw down 34 points in the Championship game.

Great looking kid with a college ready body. We need his type of toughness on the perimeter. His jump shot may need consistency, but it has good form , a little out in front, a quick release, and he takes it with confidence. I don't even understand the handle remark. He looks like he could be a great defender too.

Go get him Roy!

Tar Heels are Family!

Where are you getting this from? Have you watched him?

His handle is one of the best in HS ball right now.
I watched that video you posted. Unless there is more to him than that video, he looks shaky handling the ball and a lot of his movement is slow and drawn out. He is at his best when he uses his body to shield them from the ball. I like his motor and drive. He is the kind of player who ends up being better than those more talented because he has more effort. Like Hansbrough.

He seemed to get to the rim at will and seemed steady and calm in traffic to me. He is athletic strong, high energy and a scorer. He has no whiff of attitude and no academic or social issues, why would any on here not covet him? He will make us better or we will hate to see him coming soon.

Heels are Family!

I watched that video you posted. Unless there is more to him than that video, he looks shaky handling the ball and a lot of his movement is slow and drawn out. He is at his best when he uses his body to shield them from the ball. I like his motor and drive. He is the kind of player who ends up being better than those more talented because he has more effort. Like Hansbrough.

Ummm, I was watching the kid with #1 on his jersey - good handle, good outside shot, yes, one "fumble" with his dribble, but also some very sweet drives to the basket, and nice passing. Lotsa energy. Oh yeah and the dribble through the legs was cool. I don't know how any fan would complain if he wants to be a Heel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT