ADVERTISEMENT

Recruitng class of 2016

I hate PSU for the sheer number of "I am a HUGE UNC fan... in BB. But I hope MY TEAM, the mighty PSU nittany lions, take all the great FB recruits from NC!!!!" There are at least 15+ of those douche bags all over IC, and openly root against the UNC football team.

I hate PSU for the sheer number of "I am a HUGE UNC fan... in BB. But I hope MY TEAM, the mighty PSU nittany lions, take all the great FB recruits from NC!!!!" There are at least 15+ of those douche bags all over IC, and openly root against the UNC football team.
There are those people all over the country. Tons of people are Bama or Tennessee or Southern Cal or Oklahoma football fans, and then Carolina is their basketball team

Well Colon committed to Ped State.

I haven't wanted to comment much on the Vandy rape trial because of family ties to the school. A brother and my favorite girl cousin are hardcore Dores, and they got it from older family members. I grew up cheering for Vandy to break through in anything. But even before the rape arrests, there was much talk, which was ignored by most Vandy people because it seemed to come from Vols fans, that Franklin was indeed a slick Devil, that not only did his silver tongue work well in recruiting, but that his tongue got players out of trouble with the law and kpt them academically eligible.

If there is trouble at Penn St, I won't be surprised.

There are those people all over the country. Tons of people are Bama or Tennessee or Southern Cal or Oklahoma football fans, and then Carolina is their basketball team

And when any of us try to point that out, we get attacked, sometimes ruthlessly.

Do you feel that?

tumblr_inline_nkfxb9nYjT1rlbj5v.gif

Reactions: UNC '92
They are called bandwagoners and frontrunners. Pulling for a college team that they have no connection to.

Reactions: Raising Heel
LOLOL. Yeah we can't compete with that. Our graphics department is way better though. I mean I get what they're going for in the above image (his high school jersey transitioning into a Penn State jersey), but it doesn't look very good...

we're up to #31 recruiting class on rivals. but you have to go up to #23 to find a higher average rating. a top 20 recruiting class sure would be nice. can we do it?

we're up to #31 recruiting class on rivals. but you have to go up to #23 to find a higher average rating. a top 20 recruiting class sure would be nice. can we do it?
(I'm only slightly embarrassed to admit that) I have a spreadsheet that lets you project UNC team points/rankings based on which recruits we get. With one of the big fish like Lawrence, Joyner, or Coe, UNC could easily vault into the top 20. Land both or all of them and we'd have a top-10 recruiting class. At least as of today.

Just saw a prediction for Robert Washington to Maryland. I don't think he will ever play a down at 'cuse.

We are now supposedly the leader for Garrett Walston and moo has been eliminated. We are in a 3 way race for Jordon Brown with dook and wake. Hard to believe he is considering wake or dook for that matter.

Walston supposedly committing today or tomorrow so we will know soon. .UGa signed the top TE in N.C. last year but I can't remember his name , hopefully lightning doesn't strike twice... We are in good shape with Noah Turner though.

Blazeovich , spelling may be off.

Last edited:
Walston supposedly committing today or tomorrow so we will know soon. .UGa signed the top TE in N.C. last year but I can't remember his name , hopefully lightning doesn't strike twice... We are in good shape with Noah Turner though.
Yeah, we'll know by Wednesday.

As for UGA, you're thinking about Jeb Blazevich from Charlotte Christian. That was two classes ago though (2014), but your point is well-taken.

No doubt there is a benefit to winning the in state recruiting battle. However, if your state is not producing the quality and quantity of say FL, GA and other areas, why fret the situation? And yes, I do understand that the State of North Carolina has recently been a bastion of prep talent. But that pales in comparison of what you have always seen out of FL and Ga. We are talking about two states that feed big time football annually; not cyclically and both feed Bama, Auburn, UGA, UF, FSU, etc. (South Ga practically feeds FSU and UF, while South FL feeds just the U alone). And there is plenty of talent to go around. I am glad that we are now getting into those fertile recruiting grounds.

I am always amazed at how many are upset when top 10, top 5 of NC got to Bama, FSU, etc. Yet, in bball, we get the same advantage. Mack had us on that level and on our way. Unfortunately, that was not sustained and we are back to square one. Get back to that level and the border will close in our favor on a lot of the NC talent; but, we will still lose out to the big boys but not as often.

You are wrong about south Ga, 80% of the kids that sign P5 scholarships are in metro Atlanta, some schools will have 8-10 kids who sign with P5 schools and as many as 20 if you count the mid majors. One school somehow has no district, any kid in Atlanta city system can attend and be in district, it is likely to have 40 kids in 16 and 17 to sign D1 scholarships total. Another has an entire defensive backfield made up of 4 and 5 star players. You won't find that in south Georgia. Yes recruiting at high schools is alive and well in the metro Atlanta area.

Charlie Heck , Carl Tucker and Jake Bargas from last year's recruiting class are all listed as tight ends on the frehman roster so maybe tight end is not a big priority?

Yes....Noah Turner becomes even more important.
And he will do the job. He has the same basic upside as Walston.

What I would love to see from Turner committing is UNC then able to get a commitment from IL OT Thomas Shaffer. He is recruited by some schools on the DL - I think Oregon may be one. And he may be an Oregon lean. But perhaps he would see us in a stronger light if another top IL recruit heads to Chapel Hill.

And there is a DT in IL that we offered who committed to Michigan. Perhaps if we have 2 IL commits, perhaps Papuchis could get the DT to rethink in our favor.

We need DTs.

You are wrong about south Ga, 80% of the kids that sign P5 scholarships are in metro Atlanta, some schools will have 8-10 kids who sign with P5 schools and as many as 20 if you count the mid majors. One school somehow has no district, any kid in Atlanta city system can attend and be in district, it is likely to have 40 kids in 16 and 17 to sign D1 scholarships total. Another has an entire defensive backfield made up of 4 and 5 star players. You won't find that in south Georgia. Yes recruiting at high schools is alive and well in the metro Atlanta area.

Well...Norcross had 15 seniors with D1 offers in the 2014 class and had a total 26 players sign a football scholly for a college. (Norcross State AAAAAA Champs)...could be a record.

Well...Norcross had 15 seniors with D1 offers in the 2014 class and had a total 26 players sign a football scholly for a college. (Norcross State AAAAAA Champs)...could be a record.
Norcross is in metro Atlanta not south Georgia, they will have a big number every year because it's a school kids transfer to. Peachtree Ridge will start a secondary with 3 4 and 1 5 star this season. I have no idea how many Archer will have, the entire city limits of Atlanta.is their district. Last season was the first in several years a non metro team won state championship in largest class. Not enough population in south Georgia, they can't recruit with the dense population of the metro schools

I just hope some damn body convinces some DT's to head to The Hill. The playing time is there. Saw a crystal ball prediction for Lawrence to UNC today. Maybe there is hope.

I just hope some damn body convinces some DT's to head to The Hill. The playing time is there. Saw a crystal ball prediction for Lawrence to UNC today. Maybe there is hope.

Dexter Lawrence in Carolina Blue - that's my idea of good times. Add Kyree Campbell, and we're talking major good times.

I would really love to see this staff have a few years with no NCAA cloud hanging over them...

We now have 12 on board....I have seen that the staff is only taking 20 this year.My wish list for NC...

Dexter Lawerence
-Keion-Joyner
Jimmie Taylor
Nick Coe
Diondre Overton
Johnnie-Glaspie
Jonathan Smith

Out of this list how many will be wearing Carolina Blue when it's all said and done...1 or 2...None or all...

Thoughts?

Just went and looked at the hudl highlights on Glaspie.He would be the perfect A-Back in the Fed spread....

Perhaps he's not Walston but sounds like Noah Turner is pretty good as well. Welcome to the Hill Noah. We're building something special and I'm glad you're going to be a part of it.

"Turner's size, athleticism and pass-catching ability are ideal fits with North Carolina's offense, according to Steve Wiltfong, the director of recruiting for 247Sports.com.

"If Noah was taller, he would be blue-chipper," Wiltfong said. "The thing that separates him from the high-profile tight ends is height, but Noah is tough. He's an old-school, blue-collar, physical football player who loves contact but also has some finesse in him and can catch the football and make plays."

I would really love to see this staff have a few years with no NCAA cloud hanging over them...

We now have 12 on board....I have seen that the staff is only taking 20 this year.My wish list for NC...

Dexter Lawerence
-Keion-Joyner
Jimmie Taylor
Nick Coe
Diondre Overton
Johnnie-Glaspie
Jonathan Smith

Out of this list how many will be wearing Carolina Blue when it's all said and done...1 or 2...None or all...

Thoughts?

The Dooley in me says we shoukd always want to stress the D. So of the list, I hope most tpo land Lawrence and Joyner, and then Coe.

It's always good to have a 6-5 or taller WR in the mix, so I'd like the have Overton 4th most.

I have no idea which if any this group we will sign.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT