ADVERTISEMENT

Recruitng class of 2016

ha
I'd be more hopeful if the prediction was for somewhere else. They are notoriously inaccurate.

I love the addition of Turner. Welcome to the Hill, Noah!
Had Turner 100% to UNC. They are the only site with a lot of guys making picks. I think you will find they are pretty accurate so far as accuracy goes in forecasting HS kids choices. For the record Lawrence has one pick for UNC and all others for UF and FSU.

ha

Had Turner 100% to UNC. They are the only site with a lot of guys making picks. I think you will find they are pretty accurate so far as accuracy goes in forecasting HS kids choices. For the record Lawrence has one pick for UNC and all others for UF and FSU.
They also had Walston 80% to UNC.

I misunderstood your earlier comment when you said you saw a UNC pick for Lawrence. Thought you meant UNC was the pick.

I think Walston was ours until the last trip to Georgia sealed the deal. Richt is a hell of a recruiter with the kids and parents. What could have been.......

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
I think Walston was ours until the last trip to Georgia sealed the deal. Richt is a hell of a recruiter with the kids and parents. What could have been.......
It's been well-documented on here that MR wanted the job here, but even now in 2015, I still can't help but fantasize about what a Richt-led UNC program would look like today. I can hardly imagine -- multi Top 10 finishes and regular flirtation with ACCCG's and beyond

Read on another site that we passed on Robert Washington and Kennedy McKoy. Top target is Jordon Brown with an outside chance that Carlin Fils-Aime will be blown away on his upcoming visit.

It's been well-documented on here that MR wanted the job here, but even now in 2015, I still can't help but fantasize about what a Richt-led UNC program would look like today. I can hardly imagine -- multi Top 10 finishes and regular flirtation with ACCCG's and beyond
i respect your speculation on what might have been, but i'm not so sure. richt hasn't won an sec title in 10 years. sure that's because the competition is so tough, but he also has the recruiting advantage of being in the sec, the most attractive league for recruits, and coaching at a traditional football powerhouse. my speculation is that his best coaching is behind him -- kinda like spurrier.

Read on another site that we passed on Robert Washington and Kennedy McKoy. Top target is Jordon Brown with an outside chance that Carlin Fils-Aime will be blown away on his upcoming visit.

That would be nice. But he is from as far south in FL as Miami, just on the other side.

Then again, we had Gio, and it worked beautifullly for him.

i respect your speculation on what might have been, but i'm not so sure. richt hasn't won an sec title in 10 years. sure that's because the competition is so tough, but he also has the recruiting advantage of being in the sec, the most attractive league for recruits, and coaching at a traditional football powerhouse. my speculation is that his best coaching is behind him -- kinda like spurrier.

That may be true, though Richt still cleans up in recruiting. Frank Broyles often talked about coaches going stale at a place at about the 10 year mark.

Last 4 predictions for Lawrence were UNC with one being from the FSU insider. We are supposedly still recruiting/looking at the following DT's besides Lawrwence , Kyree Campbell (we are the leader and considered a must) , Sulaiman Kamara , Marlon Dunlap , Shug Frazier , Kobe Smith (moo commit) and Timothy Horne and gonna take 2. I think we need 3. Also the following DE's Nick Coe , Andrew Fitzgerald and Amani Bledsoe , but didn't mention Jimmie Taylor. The info came from another site. Also said we would still like to get OL Pete Leota.

Lawrence is visiting Alabama on July 17 and will likely hit Auburn during the same trip. Also plans to visit FSU before the end of the summer. All of this according to a tweet from @RivalsFriedman this morning.

This one is a loooooooong way from over.
agree it's long from over but Bama and Auburn are always loaded on the DL. Our biggest competition is the Gators followed by the Noles.

agree it's long from over but Bama and Auburn are always loaded on the DL. Our biggest competition is the Gators followed by the Noles.
WF fans shocked if its not Florida...he has been a life long fan and loves NC State second,,,heard that from a WF person this morning....I asked him to guess order FLORIDA NCSU FSU UNC...rival coach dad says Florida

WF fans shocked if its not Florida...he has been a life long fan and loves NC State second,,,heard that from a WF person this morning....I asked him to guess order FLORIDA NCSU FSU UNC...rival coach dad says Florida
how many kids that we recruit especially for basketball are life long UNC fans and we don't even make their final cut? All I know is there has not been a single prediction to moo and Florida has been the leader forever.

Have things deteriorated with Divine Deablo? I know we are on the outside looking in on Overton too. We have a S.C. HS kid Roscoe Johnson visiting today who is a WR.

WR Roscoe Johnson of Union, SC committed. We may be his only P5 offer. On his visits to UNC, he has impressed with speed and quicknes and more toughness than many would expect from a skinny WR.

You are wrong about south Ga, 80% of the kids that sign P5 scholarships are in metro Atlanta, some schools will have 8-10 kids who sign with P5 schools and as many as 20 if you count the mid majors. One school somehow has no district, any kid in Atlanta city system can attend and be in district, it is likely to have 40 kids in 16 and 17 to sign D1 scholarships total. Another has an entire defensive backfield made up of 4 and 5 star players. You won't find that in south Georgia. Yes recruiting at high schools is alive and well in the metro Atlanta area.
Who said that the Atlanta metro area didn't feed colleges. What I stated was "south Ga practically feeds not only UGa but also FSU and UF". Since I was born and raised in Fitzgerald, GA and lived in Moultrie, GA for a good portion of my life, I have seen the dominance of South Ga football.

Well...Norcross had 15 seniors with D1 offers in the 2014 class and had a total 26 players sign a football scholly for a college. (Norcross State AAAAAA Champs)...could be a record.
Moultrie, Ga is the 6A state champion.

WR Roscoe Johnson of Union, SC committed. We may be his only P5 offer. On his visits to UNC, he has impressed with speed and quicknes and more toughness than many would expect from a skinny WR.
described as fast , athletic and full of potential. are we in the market for another WR?

Who said that the Atlanta metro area didn't feed colleges. What I stated was "south Ga practically feeds not only UGa but also FSU and UF". Since I was born and raised in Fitzgerald, GA and lived in Moultrie, GA for a good portion of my life, I have seen the dominance of South Ga football.
I'm with you man. Does metro Atlanta supply a ton of talent? Yes. But South Georgia produces extremely impressive QUALITY talent. Guys like Trenton Thompson (Albany, #7 overall in 2015), Raekwon McMillan (Hinesville, #17 overall in 2014), Malkom Parrish (Quitman, #71 overall in 2014); South Georgia produces stud talent.

Heels snag a commitment from 3-star/5.6 Rivals Rating athlete Korey Banks. Listed as a cornerback in the Rivals database but hearing UNC wants him at WR.
Yes another site said he wants to play DB but we want him as a receiver. It also said we were recruiting the following as WR's Deablo , Phillip Patterson( UNC, dook) , Larry Collins (from S.C. and S.C. lean) and Diondre Overton (Tenn/Clemson lean). Deablo didn't show for freak show and that was disconcerting to the staff. He has been flirting with VT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT