ADVERTISEMENT

Roy/team may skip White House visit

the greatest fandom videos ever...what they did to that poor girl off the car was epic.

Dude, some of those videos are crazy. I enjoy watching what happened next every Monday, after a game.

Edit:

I would like to add, that some of it is embarrassing to be associated with, haha.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Well it WAS a good thread. Why cant u just express an opinion on the topic without calling people names? U fancy yourself a bully or something? U get off on belittling people anonymously? I didnt vote for trump but plenty of intelligent people i know did. Believe it or not intelligent people can disagree with your politics! Shocking ehh? I would enjoy seeing u call some of them simpletons to their faces. Hell i would PAY to see that!
Keyboard tough guys.

There are a lot of good poasts in this thread.

There are also a lot of bad poasts in this thread.

I think each coach and player should make their own decision on whether or not they go (if they're even invited).

As far as Trump, yes, he's an idiot. But he's done a lot of things already that I'm happy about - most of all, he's sent the message that we're not going to just blindly follow liberal policies because it hurts people's feelings if we don't. Above all else, that matters to me.

I came out of retirement for this poast. But sadly for all of y'all, I'm re-retiring. But don't fear, I'm like Brett Favre. I'll be back again one day.

Hey, by the way, we won the championship (like I said we would months ago). That's pretty cool.

Y'all be good.
Agreed.

Moving to OOTB, we need to be celebrating.
Indeed. I agree.

Not really. You can act all obtuse if you want but you know I'm referring to the popular vote when I say that. How many polls do you remember saying HC has a XX lead in electoral votes? Almost all the polls were HC has a x% lead in votes and then you had to dig into the data to find the electoral prediction or have some talking head give you a rundown on a state by state level and the electoral college impact.
Well, it appears you weren't paying attention to the news/polls if that's what you think. Serious question, are you really Canadian? I've seen several posters mention it, but I don't know if it's true or if they are just joking with you. If you are Canadian that would explain a lot since a lot of foreigners don't understand our political system and by extension the media.

You have a problem here Harkey? tell you what, next time I visit my buddy up in bandwagon Pats land, we can talk about it over a beer.

No real problem, was just trying to get a dig in at the Bills, and you were the unfortunate collateral damage that had to happen to make the Bills dig work.

Come up for a Pats/Bills game and the loser can buy the beer. Since Pats/Bills is about at the same level as UNC/NCSU basketball, I might be safe to leave my wallet at home. ;)

Well, it appears you weren't paying attention to the news/polls if that's what you think. Serious question, are you really Canadian? I've seen several posters mention it, but I don't know if it's true or if they are just joking with you. If you are Canadian that would explain a lot since a lot of foreigners don't understand our political system and by extension the media.

LOL - Actually I'm Cano-American.

Funny thing is, the more time I spend outside of the US the more I realize that Americans don't really understand how f'ed up the country appears to the rest of the world.

BTW - nice try with the condescension. You know what I meant originally and you are intentionally being obtuse. And if you are not (which I guess is possible), why does bother you so much? Are you as thin skinned as the precedence?

CC

BTW - nice try with the condescension.
Wasn't trying to be condescending.

You know what I meant originally and you are intentionally being obtuse.
Not being obtuse. You kept stating over and over again that she won even though multiple people pointed out that you were incorrect, so I thought that maybe you just didn't understand it. There are many people who actually think she won the election because they don't understand the system.

why does bother you so much? Are you as thin skinned as the precedence?
Doesn't bother me at all. Just wanted to make sure you understood how the system works. I would like for someone to correct me if I'm wrong, so that's all I was doing.

LOL - Actually I'm Cano-American.
robinsoncano-1.jpg

Wasn't trying to be condescending.

Sorry but it came across as "oh you poor foreigner, you just don't understand our system"

Not being obtuse. You kept stating over and over again that she won even though multiple people pointed out that you were incorrect, so I thought that maybe you just didn't understand it. There are many people who actually think she won the election because they don't understand the system.

No I never stated that she won the election. In debunking the incorrect claims that the polls never gave trump a chance I stated how close they actually were to the results.

Doesn't bother me at all. Just wanted to make sure you understood how the system works. I would like for someone to correct me if I'm wrong, so that's all I was doing.

Yeah, I'm starting to doubt the first line of your post.

CC

No real problem, was just trying to get a dig in at the Bills, and you were the unfortunate collateral damage that had to happen to make the Bills dig work.

Come up for a Pats/Bills game and the loser can buy the beer. Since Pats/Bills is about at the same level as UNC/NCSU basketball, I might be safe to leave my wallet at home. ;)

It's not hard to take a dig at my Bills, unfortunately.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's so damn true, Pats own us. At least we got you in Foxboro with your injured 3rd string QB!! When is Brady retiring, for gods sake?

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I think everyone realizes how it appears to the rest of the world, it's just that no one actually GAF.
Here's what I'm wondering. If the rest of the world hates us so much why are they beating down the door to get here? The "I hate America" line is not even close to being the norm. I've worked with, been friends with and have extended family that are immigrants. None of them have said America is perfect, but they've all said it's a great place to be.

Especially because why would we want to put any stock in what the rest of the world thinks or says? Besides Germany and Japan, the rest of the world is in no position to tall shit to us.

Even those two aren't in position to do so. Japan's economy has sucked since me and you have been alive. Their currency is in deflation for chrissakes - plus they have no real military to speak of. Germany has a great economy, but they were stupid enough to saddle themselves in the EU with the Greece, Portugal, and Spains of the world who are a leech on anything Germany can string together.

China has the military and the economy where they could talk some shit if they wanted to. But they're not dumb enough to - because the trillion bucks we owe them would all of a sudden get lost in the mail.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
People with brains know that Carolina basketball is bigger than Roy Williams. It was here before him and it will be here after him. People with brains know that as well.
All the folks who brag the loudest about Carolina hoops doing it "the right way" would vomit if they knew the whole history of the basketball program. McGuire, the Underground Railroad, all of it.

It's so amusing to me when fan of School X calls School Y out for cheating or being dirty. It's been going on since college athletics began.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
All the folks who brag the loudest about Carolina hoops doing it "the right way" would vomit if they knew the whole history of the basketball program. McGuire, the Underground Railroad, all of it.

It's so amusing to me when fan of School X calls School Y out for cheating or being dirty. It's been going on since college athletics began.

Sooooooooooooo spot on @TarHeelNation11

I can tell you story after story after story of "illegal stuff" that has gone on at UNC and Puke for the last 2 decades. And I'm sure it was happening long before that as well. I just have firsthand experience in that time frame. I've always rolled my eyes when UNC fans beat their chest and utter the words "The Carolina Way" ---- puuuuuuuhlease.

ootb allows honesty re: carolina...everyone knows about and should be honest about this program and its history.

ootb allows honesty re: carolina...everyone knows about and should be honest about this program and its history.
Are you like, looking for a history lesson on what bleed and I are talking about? BTW... it's not just Carolina fans that know this. Lots of schools' fans, who have historical perspective and knowledge, know this has gone on since the beginning. Even some Pack fans know it (this dude is one of the smartest guys that poasts on PackPride, and of course, he's ridiculed as being crazy and anti-NC State lol)...

wrcwolf
wrcwolf.jpg

Kondescension King
Rating: 1.9/5 this site
13754 posts this site
Re: Time to Cheat
Wednesday at 9:03 PM
(2 votes)
College teams in the past picked up ringers on farms or mills on game day and inserted them on their teams. Dropped back off when game was over after they received cold hard cash for their services. Not students at all.

The US Military Academy had 3/4 of its football team knowing the answers to tests before they took them.

William & Mary administration physically changed grades after the teachers failed football players in their class.

College presidents sold their souls for the almighty dollar since Harvard and Yale began college athletic competitions.

This was all pre-JFK administration. The beat goes on and will continue to go on. Nothing done today hasn't already been done. Those who claim there was a "good ol'days" of amateur athletics is forgetting the facts. Only thing different today is the dollar amount.

Are you like, looking for a history lesson on what bleed and I are talking about? BTW... it's not just Carolina fans that know this. Lots of schools' fans, who have historical perspective and knowledge, know this has gone on since the beginning. Even some Pack fans know it (this dude is one of the smartest guys that poasts on PackPride, and of course, he's ridiculed as being crazy and anti-NC State lol)...

wrcwolf
wrcwolf.jpg

Kondescension King
Rating: 1.9/5 this site
13754 posts this site
Re: Time to Cheat
Wednesday at 9:03 PM
(2 votes)
College teams in the past picked up ringers on farms or mills on game day and inserted them on their teams. Dropped back off when game was over after they received cold hard cash for their services. Not students at all.

The US Military Academy had 3/4 of its football team knowing the answers to tests before they took them.

William & Mary administration physically changed grades after the teachers failed football players in their class.

College presidents sold their souls for the almighty dollar since Harvard and Yale began college athletic competitions.

This was all pre-JFK administration. The beat goes on and will continue to go on. Nothing done today hasn't already been done. Those who claim there was a "good ol'days" of amateur athletics is forgetting the facts. Only thing different today is the dollar amount.

nope, already aware.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
In terms of dirtiest schools- with the most offenses and probation- UNC is really low.

Myself and THBB recently had a row-dee-dow with a very, VERY hateful Iowa fan who has a severe, personal vendetta against UNC. He was referring to Dean Smith and Roy in the same sentence as Paterno!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT