Most on decline - Dook
Toughest schedule - GT
Easiest schedule - UNC
Biggest range - FSU
Most Overrated - Miami
Most underrated - Pitt
Most at stake - UVA
Best path to playoff - Clemson

Be sure to watch Andy Staples answer a reader's question about which ACC HC would win a battle royal.

Our schedule is troubling to me. I wish more of our OOC games could be with Power 5 teams. (Yes, I know we have Illinois). No offense to anyone, but our program should not be playing A&T, Elon, etc. Maybe it's a "money game" and a "courtesy" to them, but if we want to get better we need to play the best competition possible.

Our schedule is troubling to me. I wish more of our OOC games could be with Power 5 teams. (Yes, I know we have Illinois). No offense to anyone, but our program should not be playing A&T, Elon, etc. Maybe it's a "money game" and a "courtesy" to them, but if we want to get better we need to play the best competition possible.

Don't forget we got South Carolina to open the season...

UNC has the easiest schedule? LOL...no. I realize our schedule isn't difficult, but that's absolutely ridiculous.

Moo U has the easiest non-conference schedule in the ACC (nation?) but they get a pass for having to play FSU and Clemson. The same goes for everyone else in the Atlantic.

dook has the second-weakest non-conference schedule in the ACC and gets BC and Wake from the Atlantic. They have the easiest schedule in the conference, and it's not even close.

I wish more of our OOC games could be with Power 5 teams. (Yes, I know we have Illinois).
Bunting tried that approach and we got our teeth kicked in. I'll admit that this year's OOC schedule is a little lopsided with two FCS teams, though.

Seems like there was a general consensus around here about OOC schedules. One Power 5 team, two Group of 5 teams, and an FCS team each season. Or maybe, if the Power 5 team isn't a good one, then schedule two Power 5 teams and one Group of 5.

Don't forget we got South Carolina to open the season...
Even if we play Bama and Ohio State OOTC we should not be playing Delaware and A&T ever, A lot of you guys don't like playing ECU but not a peep because of A&T.

Bunting tried that approach and we got our teeth kicked in. I'll admit that this year's OOC schedule is a little lopsided with two FCS teams, though.

Seems like there was a general consensus around here about OOC schedules. One Power 5 team, two Group of 5 teams, and an FCS team each season. Or maybe, if the Power 5 team isn't a good one, then schedule two Power 5 teams and one Group of 5.
NO FCS teams EVER!

Well I don't mind playing 1 FCS team a year but let's do it like Bama and other SEC programs....If we are going to end the year with the whack pack play that game the week before....Last year I think we played dook and they got wake....Also I would love for UNC and South Carolina to play ever year...1 year at our place then at there's and then every 3rd year in the Queen City...Also rotate ECU and Wake on the schedule...Just my thoughts...Also I don't mind playing EZU at all....

Well I don't mind playing 1 FCS team a year but let's do it like Bama and other SEC programs....If we are going to end the year with the whack pack play that game the week before....Last year I think we played dook and they got wake....Also I would love for UNC and South Carolina to play ever year...1 year at our place then at there's and then every 3rd year in the Queen City...Also rotate ECU and Wake on the schedule...Just my thoughts...Also I don't mind playing EZU at all....

ECU is a lose-lose for UNC. That goes double because we already play 2 teams from NC every year and get Wake on rotation.

We do need to play more SEC teams, and playing top teams from states like TX and OH, and states bordering them, can only help trying to recruit in those talent rich states.

Even if we play Bama and Ohio State OOTC we should not be playing Delaware and A&T ever, A lot of you guys don't like playing ECU but not a peep because of A&T.
I think we should play 1 FCS annually if we play 2 P5 teams. That balances the schedule. So an OOC of Texas, USuCk, Delaware, and FL Atlantic sounds about right to me. TB will care a great deal about those 2 major OOC games, and so will recruits.

Reactions: Archer2
Y'all also forget. That we had home and home set up with teams like Ohio State and Tennessee. And the both backed out recently. That could also the reason we play some of these easier games this year. These OOC games are made at least 5 years or more in advance. But yeah it is sad we play these teams. I like the idea of one Div.II team but not two. But this year I kind of think it is good to have this schedule for the kids to have three games after USCjr. That we should definitely win and the kids on the defensive side can really learn the new defensive scheme under Chizic. Sorry if I spelled coaches name wrong. Guys you also got to understand this is also our first year out of probation. And the depth and talent should get better from this year on. The NCAA punishment did its job. We got worse all three years. And that is what it suppose to do. So with this schedule being easy could be to our advantage to help get Ws and get better player to look at us.

our schedule is plenty difficult. scar will be tough, sure. but what about @pitt? we barely beat them last year and they'll be improved with one of the top running backs in the country. and what about @ ga tech and @ va tech? ga tech is getting some top 20 consideration. and va tech could be the most underrated pre-season team in the country. after destroying ohio state in columbus last season va tech lost an incredible 11 starters to injury. those guys are back but for some reason people think the decimated va tech team is the one we'll be facing. i don't think so...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT