ADVERTISEMENT

So . . . Whatja Grilling this Wknd . . . ?

BillyL

Resident Idiot
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2005
Ribs . . chicken . . burgers/dogs . . more ribs . . chops . . ?

I picked up a few flat iron steaks, I may marinate them overnight and grill tomorrow . . my son says he wants burgers tonight, the wife is at Smith Mtn. Lake visiting a sister . . it's a quiet, but, slow wknd here in NoVa.

I may brine some chicken instead of marinating . . . anyone else a fan of brining . . ? I like brining thick cut pork chops . .

I'm in need of a new Turkey Fryer . . may go look at a couple tomorrow, some nice stainless steel ones out there that aren't too terribly expensive.

This post was edited on 11/9 10:03 AM by BillyL

Pork loin tonight. I'll use a dry rub and cook it indirect for a couple of hours while enjoying some cold beverages. Didn't hurt my feelings that the mooers got grilled and drilled earlier.

Originally posted by grillheel:

Pork loin tonight. I'll use a dry rub and cook it indirect for a couple of hours while enjoying some cold beverages. Didn't hurt my feelings that the mooers got grilled and drilled earlier.
Mmmmmm . . gonna be a nice dinner at your place tonight.

Yeah Grill . . . that score made for a good day. I watched a little of the first half, but, was mostly eyeing that Baylor - Okla game that Baylor kicked butt in.

I'm watching the WVU/Texas contest and Texas A&M/Auburn game now.

Nothing spectacular for me. I'm grilling some of those Johnsonville Chicken brats tomorrow night, the Chipotle and Jack flavored ones.

No grilling this weekend. Just finished roasting fresh oysters over an oak fire. Fried cornbread on the side

Originally posted by Grayhead:

No grilling this weekend. Just finished roasting fresh oysters over an oak fire. Fried cornbread on the side
I be envious . . nothing that I may do this wknd, would ever top that.

:)

Love living at the coast. Went out in the boat this afternoon and caught fresh whiting. Will be frying fish Monday evening. Can't beat local seafood

:)

Love living at the coast. Went out in the boat this afternoon and caught fresh whiting. Will be frying fish Monday evening. Can't beat local seafood
I could eat seafood 6 nights a week . . and have anything else on the 7th.

You dog, you . . . for making me green with envy.

90% of the seafood I eat comes fresh off the boat. I live about 1 mile from the ocean. Always have some species of fish in season here. Even in the dead of winter if you dare venture over the water. I could not post all the recipes of local cuisine(sp?) we have for this area. I know you have heard of calabash style seafood. I live 20 minutes from calabash. You should try my clam chowder

This post was edited on 11/8 9:18 PM by Grayhead

Reactions: ticket2ride04
We're turned it out this weekend. Cooked a pig, a case of chickens, and a case of beef ribs. Live band too. My head hurts now.

Shrimp and scallops with corn on cob, hushpuppies and home made slaw, also got some stump sound oysters. Put them on the grill early as appetizers and slurp em down right as they pop open. Then watch the packers slap the bears.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Red potatoes with yellow onions, green onions, drizzled with olive oil and butter, salt and pepper. Pot of fresh collards seasoned with fat back. Venison back straps about to go on the smoker along with 4 young and tenders small whole chickens. Chickens about the size of very large pheasants. Listening to the heels play and chilling in my outdoor kitchen

Red potatoes with yellow onions, green onions, drizzled with olive oil and butter, salt and pepper. Pot of fresh collards seasoned with fat back. Venison back straps about to go on the smoker along with 4 young and tenders small whole chickens. Chickens about the size of very large pheasants. Listening to the heels play and chilling in my outdoor kitchen
Mmmmmmmm . .

I be envious, Gray . .

I pulled a lazy man's cheater this weekend. I cut up 5 chicken breasts into 3rds early this morning and have them marinating in a zip-lock freezer bag and am using Ken's Steak House Italian dressing/marinade. They're going on the grill in a couple hours. Got some tomatoes and green peppers that I'll add with them . .

Tomorrow evening I'm grilling some cream cheese and jalapeno stuffed sirloin burgers. They're pretty fantastic, though almost too big to eat a whole one.

Just some pork, and a couple chickens.

pig_roaster_index.jpg

Took my left over chicken and put in a pot with cream of chicken and chicken broth. Simmered and added a bag of no yolk egg noodles. OMG!!! Nice smokey flavored soup

Took my left over chicken and put in a pot with cream of chicken and chicken broth. Simmered and added a bag of no yolk egg noodles. OMG!!! Nice smokey flavored soup
You're killing me, Gray . . jus' killing me.

So, quick question for ya . . . how are you/family preparing the turkey for the Thanksgiving feast . . . ?

Gonna brine the turkey for a day with high sodium base. Dry turkey, cut skin. Rub under skin and over skin. Inject with creol butter and chicken broth. Smoke for several hours. Then 400° till 170° in the breast. Rest for an hour, then serve

I love a smoked turkey . . !

Almost all of my family loves a fried turkey, but, their white meat freaks . . I'm the only soul that likes dark meat (actually, I love it) . . so to satisfy the masses and make things easier, I'm frying 3 very large breasts. This will be the first year that I am not frying a whole turkey, usually it's a turkey and the largest breast I can find.

I tell ya, 20 minutes into the fry, I just love that aroma coming out of the fryer . .

You got that right billy. Turkey is a delicate dance when cooking. Frying to temp without over doing it is crucial. Never fried the breast only.

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:
Wolf.

uzi.r191677.gif
Does red whine go with that?
Any type of alcohol goes good with it, my friend.

GH, drop me an email at zach@sunbeltdisplays.com ---> I will be tailgating with my immediate family as well as my NCSU-fan family from down East, but I will make it a point to drop by and say hello on Saturday in the Bowles Lot.

Wolf.

uzi.r191677.gif
Does red whine go with that?
Any type of alcohol goes good with it, my friend.

GH, drop me an email at zach@sunbeltdisplays.com ---> I will be tailgating with my immediate family as well as my NCSU-fan family from down East, but I will make it a point to drop by and say hello on Saturday in the Bowles Lot.
I will email and let you know our plans. GO HEELS!

Barbecue chicken tonight! Celebrating my youngest daughter's birthday, decorated for Christmas this afternoon, watching football this PM, drinking beer, etc. Life is good!

Too cold. My wife has been trying out new crock pot recipes and one of them she has tried with chicken breasts was incredible. So she is going with that tomorrow instead of me grilling.

Originally posted by BillyL:

I love a smoked turkey . . !

Almost all of my family loves a fried turkey, but, their white meat freaks . . I'm the only soul that likes dark meat (actually, I love it) . . so to satisfy the masses and make things easier, I'm frying 3 very large breasts. This will be the first year that I am not frying a whole turkey, usually it's a turkey and the largest breast I can find.

I tell ya, 20 minutes into the fry, I just love that aroma coming out of the fryer . .
I'm about to make a sandwich with the turkey I smoked for Thanksgiving. I did nothing special, no brining or anything...just a lot of salt in and out and some roughly cut up onions and poultry seasoning in the cavity. But this was the first time I used pecan to smoke anything and I made sure that bird got plenty of it. Now it's my favorite smoke for turkey if not just in general. Unreal how good it turned out, and if you want to talk about wonderful aroma while cooking....

Pork tenderloin and baked potatoes. Had some leftover hamburger rolls that we toasted on the grill with a little butter and Cavender's. Caesar salad on the side. Celebrating a Carolina victory with a few beers and good food. Not too shabby!

Marinated sirloin tip steaks, baked sweet potatoes with butter and maple syrup, grilled asparagus, cheddar drop biscuits. Celebrating a great tarheel comeback in style.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Chilly rainy day in Houston...grilled italian sausage w roasted onions and peppers on crusty french roll...Sam Adams...cowboys packers...mmmm....

Originally posted by jcolucci:

Chilly rainy day in Houston...grilled italian sausage w roasted onions and peppers on crusty french roll...Sam Adams...cowboys packers...mmmm....
Dayum, that sounds like a great lunch . .

I'm not grilling today, still have some snow out on the deck and patio . . we're oven roasting a turkey breast for our Sunday dinner. White and sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, a dry cornbread stuffing a dinner rolls.

My son says it's Thanksgiving day, part 2 . . . LOL

Well, I'm starting to get pretty depressed. This weather is killing me. I can handle some cold, but cold and wet just kill me. The wife and I are trying a baked ziti recipe tonight but I'm missing that grill.

I just put out 4 chicken breasts sliced into thirds that were marinated in Ken's Steak House Italian dressing for 24 hours on the grill, it's 34 degrees and ice pellets are falling here in Reston, VA. as I type . . so long as I can keep the grill temps within a decent cooking range, I'm good.

My son loves this chicken and I promised him I'd cook it tonite . .

Gonna put on my beefy corn and black bean chili first thing tomorrow morning and then throw it in the slow cooker to simmer, while the wifey and I put in a visit w/ my FIL . .

Sounds good Billy! If it will stop raining here tomorrow I'm gonna be forced to cook out! Ziti turned out pretty good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT