ADVERTISEMENT

So . . . Whatja Grilling this Wknd . . . ?

Originally posted by grillheel:

Sounds good Billy! If it will stop raining here tomorrow I'm gonna be forced to cook out! Ziti turned out pretty good.
I love a good baked ziti . .

Grill-Man . . where are you located . . ?

Originally posted by BillyL:

Originally posted by grillheel:

Sounds good Billy! If it will stop raining here tomorrow I'm gonna be forced to cook out! Ziti turned out pretty good.
I love a good baked ziti . .

Grill-Man . . where are you located . . ?
Pikeville/Fremont area between Goldsboro and Wilson. In the heart of Eastern NC.

Originally posted by Grayhead:

Oak roasted oysters for lunch today....oh yeah
Dayum . . that sounds delicious. I love oysters, raw and any way they are prepared . . now, I'm going to be hankering for oysters all week long.

Temperature reached 53 here in Reston today . . . thought it was about time to barbecue some chicken on the ol' grill . .

Anybody else cooking outdoors this evening . . ?

Originally posted by nctransplant:

20 degrees and wind blowing 35mph here. Will be a big fat Nebraska ribeye on the grill this weekend though.
What part of Nebraska are you located . . ?

nothing for awhile it appears...have a gas grill that won't light as of sunday?...i can hear and smell the gas, but no ignition.

thoughts?

Re: So . . . Whatja Grilling this Wknd . . . ?
gteeitup posted on 2/4/2015...
nothing for awhile it appears...have a gas grill that won't light as of sunday?...i can hear and smell the gas, but no ignition.

thoughts?
Buy a weber!

These ignitors are battery powered . . that's the first thing I'd check. Though if you are hearing that click - click - click you may want to check for dust or dirt at the spark origin.

These ignitors are battery powered . . that's the first thing I'd check. Though if you are hearing that click - click - click you may want to check for dust or dirt at the spark origin.
replaced battery today, still nothing...maybe it's the connection?...looks like a fuse box in there.

no click, btw

GTee . .

Do you know for sure that you have plenty of LP gas going to the burners . . . in cold weather sometimes those 20 lb. canisters that may be only an eighth full don't deliver enough pressure. Aren't you in South Carolina . . ? What's the weather temps been like of late . . ?

I couldn't get ignition and then I changed out tanks to a full one and ignition was no problem . . . how full is the tank you currently have connected . . . . any ideas . . ?

Originally posted by nctransplant:
I am 43 miles east of McCook
That's cool. It's a different world out there. I always enjoyed the change of scenery when I went to visit. Some of the rolling farmland is beautiful. Always a long drive from the airport (usually Lincoln) but I found it very relaxing.

Welcome to the boards, by the way. See you around.

GTee . .

Do you know for sure that you have plenty of LP gas going to the burners . . . in cold weather sometimes those 20 lb. canisters that may be only an eighth full don't deliver enough pressure. Aren't you in South Carolina . . ? What's the weather temps been like of late . . ?

I couldn't get ignition and then I changed out tanks to a full one and ignition was no problem . . . how full is the tank you currently have connected . . . . any ideas . . ?
no tank...gas line from the house.

Have not hit the grill yet. Maybe Sunday. I did start my weekend with a deluxe seafood plate calabash style

Filet Mignon tonight for Valentine's. Not gonna get over 30 degrees here tomorrow, so it will be a CrockPot day.

Originally posted by gteeitup:

GTee . .

no tank...gas line from the house.
Did you get this ignition problem figured out . . ?

Just started smoking 3lb of beef jerky. Also found NY strips on sale. Breaking of the charcoal in a few. Going pancake house style and scrambling eggs and sauteeing mushrooms and onions.

Originally posted by Grayhead:

Just started smoking 3lb of beef jerky. Also found NY strips on sale. Breaking of the charcoal in a few. Going pancake house style and scrambling eggs and sauteeing mushrooms and onions.
I want to grill so badly . . . I got me 15 degrees outside and the patio is covered in 3 inches of snow with another 3-5 coming tomorrow.

I don't mind grilling in 35 degree weather. 15 is another story . .

Sounds like you got a great meal planned, Gray . .

I made a ghetto outdoor kitchen under one of my lean to. Keep moisture off at least. Cold really does bother me. I feel for you with the ice.

Wifey is outta town this wknd, I think she was feeling like a basketball widow and she went and runnoft to see her sister at Smith Mtn. Lake . . . so, I've decided that I'm barbecuing some chicken this evening, adding some grilled tomatoes to the meal . .

Anybody else working the grill this weekend . . ?

Boiled fresh prawns caught in gulf off my brother's friends boat. Along with filet mignon on charcoal grill. Surf and turf. The prawns were huge.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Big nebraska ribeye last night for the baby daughters bday. Fried porkchops, boiled potatoes and butter beans tonight.

How did this thread end up 4 pages back. Its spring time people. Those grills should be hot by now.

Pork belly on the smoker for me. Will be grillin some veggies on the side later this evening

Gray, . . that smoked pork belly will be delicious. Just the aroma coming from that smoker would be awesome, and enough to get the taste buds salivating.

I spent 2 and a half hours cleaning up my Weber grill on Monday of this week. First time it has been cleaned since it was given to me last Father's Day weekend. So, I'm ready to grill something . . we have rain coming in this afternoon . . maybe tomorrow.

Reactions: Grayhead
That belly was the bomb. The wife stopped at the produce store and purchased zucchini and mustard greens. Love some fresh mustard greens

That belly was the bomb. The wife stopped at the produce store and purchased zucchini and mustard greens. Love some fresh mustard greens

Gray,

I love to grill zucchini or yellow squash . . I slice them in a long diagonal cut, brush lightly with a light olive oil and grill until warm.

We do the same billy. Grilled veggies are the way to go. Olive oil, salt, and pepper. Love grilling fish as well.

I finally did some grilling again this weekend and you slackers have let this thread slide down to the bottom. Disappointing. Anyway, I grilled some spareribs (I just use Dale's most of the time, though sometimes use this Allegro stuff that tenderizes really well but isn't as good as Dale's), then a bunch of brats and chicken sausage, and some burgers which we added avocado to, which was excellent.

I smoked a ham this week. When it was finished, I picked it up to move it for cutting and the bone literally fell out. Will be eating leftovers tomorrow night

Pork tenderloin on Friday night and ribeyes on Saturday night at Little Washington on the river. Beautiful weekend down there.

Reactions: nctransplant
Ribs . . chicken . . burgers/dogs . . more ribs . . chops . . ?

I picked up a few flat iron steaks, I may marinate them overnight and grill tomorrow . . my son says he wants burgers tonight, the wife is at Smith Mtn. Lake visiting a sister . . it's a quiet, but, slow wknd here in NoVa.

I may brine some chicken instead of marinating . . . anyone else a fan of brining . . ? I like brining thick cut pork chops . .

I'm in need of a new Turkey Fryer . . may go look at a couple tomorrow, some nice stainless steel ones out there that aren't too terribly expensive.

This post was edited on 11/9 10:03 AM by BillyL
Had some nice smoked sausage, peppers, and onions on the grill just the other day. I don't know what the wife prepped the stuff with but I don't think I've ever had a better meal than that!

Purchased a new weber charcoal grill. Has a table built in. Decent setup. My old charcoal grill crapped the bed. Broke it in last weekend with some thick ribeyes.
Irbys question about making a low country boil has me thinking about making one for the family this holiday
OOTB, what will you cook the memorial day weekend?

I'm going to do some kabobs on Saturday. I separate the onions, veggies and meat because of the difference in cooking time length.

I start my onions first, beef/chicken/pork second, then the veggies . . I like marinated meat when I'm cooking k-bobs.

May try some beer can hamburgers on Sunday, check out YouTube if you haven't heard of 'Beer Can Hamburgers' . .

Happy grilling, folks . .

Reactions: Grayhead
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT