ADVERTISEMENT

So . . . Whatja Grilling this Wknd . . . ?

I did a favor for this lady (no, not that type of favor) and to my surprise she gave me some super fresh corvina and shrimp along with about two to three pints of brussel spouts. I'm not a big brussel sprout type of guy so I'm gonna shave the them down and make a cole slaw, slice the shrimp in halves (after grilled) and add them to the cole slaw. Then I will take the shrimp cole slaw and place it atop the grilled corvina. Yep, that's the only way it will be served, so if you don't like it, then grab a Nathan's I'll have those too.

If we every have an OOTB cookout, what's on the menu.
I'll grill the steaks. How ya like yours done?

If we every have an OOTB cookout, what's on the menu.
I'll grill the steaks. How ya like yours done?

Medium . . but on the slightly rare side.

I'll sear mine on a 500 degree burner and depending on thickness, maybe another 4-5 on the second side . . . I love a hot steak, dripping with au jus.

My baked potatoes are the best in the land, same for an ear of corn . .

I did a favor for this lady (no, not that type of favor) and to my surprise she gave me some super fresh corvina and shrimp along with about two to three pints of brussel spouts. I'm not a big brussel sprout type of guy so I'm gonna shave the them down and make a cole slaw, slice the shrimp in halves (after grilled) and add them to the cole slaw. Then I will take the shrimp cole slaw and place it atop the grilled corvina. Yep, that's the only way it will be served, so if you don't like it, then grab a Nathan's I'll have those too.

My girls actually were big lovers of brussels sprouts, there's one very healthy eater's veggie if there was ever one . . we had them maybe 3 nights outta 7.

Dolphin steaks. A little bit of lemon juice, butter, and pepper is the extent of my preparation.
Are you in Florida? I've noticed that people in Florida say Dolphin and pretty much the rest of the country say Mahi.

having grill issues...somebody is coming out tomorrow to figure it out, hopefully.

i can smell the gas, it clicks, but no ignition.

if it gets fixed, we're doing thighs and these bison dogs i found.

Are you in Florida? I've noticed that people in Florida say Dolphin and pretty much the rest of the country say Mahi.

Grew up on the coast of NC. I moved a hour and a half away but we go back pretty much every weekend except two months in the winter.

Actually, it was never called anything but dolphin until the early 90s. Then restaurants started calling it Mahi as more Yankees retired to the coast so they didn't have to explain that they weren't serving flipper. I never met a local that called it anything else unless we were talking to an out of towner until much more recently and most local anglers still call it dolphin. Now folks are growing up with the term Mahi so that has changed quickly.

Last edited:
having grill issues...somebody is coming out tomorrow to figure it out, hopefully.

i can smell the gas, it clicks, but no ignition.

if it gets fixed, we're doing thighs and these bison dogs i found.

If, its an ignition problem, I should think that it would be an easy fix. Maybe something as simple as the spark wire is loose and either too close or too far from a contact point.

Reactions: gteeitup
Pork chops last night, sirloin tonight, dogs and burgers tomorrow. Kinda boring, I know, but having a great time looking at the Pamlico River and tossing back a few cold ones, listening to some good tunes. Life could be worse!

If, its an ignition problem, I should think that it would be an easy fix. Maybe something as simple as the spark wire is loose and either too close or too far from a contact point.

it's the igniter...they have to order the part, takes four days, and it's $35.

i'll take it to be grilling again!

it's the igniter...they have to order the part, takes four days, and it's $35.

i'll take it to be grilling again!

Hey G-Man,

Yeah, ya gotta be able to grill in the spring/summer/fall seasons . . . I grill whenever the weather permits me to here in NoVA.

Just curious, what brand is your grill . . or do you have a in ground set-up . . ?

Got a club thang this weekend. Three cases of butts, two cases of ribs, two cases of chicken. Picking up a load of hickory this afternoon and tomorrow night we start gettin' down like four flat tires. Shaping up to be a great weekend...

Sounds like really good party someone has planned. Is this a group of guys from work and their families . . ?

Hey G-Man,

Yeah, ya gotta be able to grill in the spring/summer/fall seasons . . . I grill whenever the weather permits me to here in NoVA.

Just curious, what brand is your grill . . or do you have a in ground set-up . . ?

jenn-air...it's one of the best purchases i've ever made...i really didn't realize how much i used it until i didn't.

Nebraska ribeye tonight, babybacks tomorrow night. I have a golf tournament today and my son and a good friend of mine will be here today for some turkey hunting this week.

3623154.jpg

I grilled some more ribs today. I've been on this diet where I am pretty much just grilling at the beginning of the week and eating that meat along with blueberries, carrots, and beans throughout the week. It has worked pretty well.

Reactions: JHVS
Grilled some burgers tonight . . I like to go with the 80/20 ground beef, I pull a hunk off the store's foam container and form the burger with as little as handling or pounding as possible. Shape up a round piece of meat and throw it on a medium heat grill. Flip it once, throw a slice of cheese on it at the very end and serve it on a slightly buttered grill toasted bun.

Corn on the cob, I clean up a cob, wrap it in a paper towel, wet it thoroughly, and microwave it for 2 minutes. This is the only way to do corn on the cob. It cooks the corn milk to perfection and doesn't toughen the corn kernel skin. You are basically cooking the corn milk and thats all that is required . . if, you've never tried it, once you do, you'll never cook corn again any differently.

Reactions: JHVS
Wife and kids left for Seaside FL this week so I'm on "mancation" again! I'm going with lamb burgers tonight! Little golf this afternoon, couple of cocktails...

Throwing a couple of ribeye on the grill in about 15 minutes . . I'm hanging out with my younger sister this weekend and she asked me to grill something for her.

Gray, Grill, or anyone else . . . whadja guys got going down . . ?

Nothing this weekend. Please don't take my man card.
Had a deluxe seafood platter last night. Ribeyes do sound tasty

yes sir!...this week and next.

kitty hawk, mp 3.5 approx.

I think I remember you saying you had a couple weeks at the outer banks on the vacation thread.

Stay outta the water and outta trouble. Hope its a grand time . .

Throwing a couple of ribeye on the grill in about 15 minutes . . I'm hanging out with my younger sister this weekend and she asked me to grill something for her.

Gray, Grill, or anyone else . . . whadja guys got going down . . ?
Just saw this Billy. We cooked for nine folks on the Pamlico River this weekend. Grilled pork loin on Friday night and grilled some really nice ribeyes Saturday night. Beautiful weather and some pretty good food!

Some lovely marinated steak kabobs on Saturday, and last night it was a rack of Hickory and Cherry smoked St Louis ribs on the Akron Kamado cooker for about 6 1/2 hours.
Glazed em up the last hour with some Stubbs Sweet and Sticky sauce kicked up with some red pepper, baked potato cut in quarters, seasoned, and then marked up on the grill, and some Mexican Street Corn- whole ears rubbed with chili powder, kosher salt, and lime juice, grilled, then with more lime and crumbled queso fresco.
Dayum!

Reactions: Grayhead
Burgers last night! Provolone on a couple, Swiss and American on others. Topped off with BACON and chili. Top sirloin tonight with grilled corn on the cob.

I think I remember you saying you had a couple weeks at the outer banks on the vacation thread.

Stay outta the water and outta trouble. Hope its a grand time . .

thanks, it's been great.

saw one spinner this morning...that is it thank goodness...water is really warm.

Last night was hickory and pecan smoked brisket, with Memphis rub. Paula Deens Mac and cheese, blue cheese coleslaw, and some jalapeno cheddar cornbread cooked on the smoker, gave it a nice subtle smokiness. Lagunitas IPAd to chase it down

I grilled some pork and chicken sausage a little while ago. However, for the first time ever I grilled some salmon. I just put some kosher salt and black pepper on it and it was awesome. I never knew it would be so good on the grill.

I grilled some pork and chicken sausage a little while ago. However, for the first time ever I grilled some salmon. I just put some kosher salt and black pepper on it and it was awesome. I never knew it would be so good on the grill.

Salmon is so easy to prepare, cook and serve . . its one of my favorite meals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT