ADVERTISEMENT

Somebody host something

I got some of Jimmy Fallon's ice cream flavor, The Tonight Dough from Ben & Jerry, so that's all the host I need this weekend.

My son is getting married in June so we're hosting him, his fiancé and her parents from Iowa. We've introduced them to some Eastern NC barbecue and later today a boat ride on the lake and beer can chicken.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Well my wife and I threw out an invitation for any of our friends that didn't already have plans this weekend. We ended up with about a dozen people at our house, and had a pretty nice pot luck with yours truly grilling the burgers. The last guest just left, and I'm stuffed like a tick with a very happy buzz going on. Nice way to spend a holiday weekend.

We're blessed beyond measure, my friends. We all owe an enormous debt of gratitude to the people who made this possible. People who laid down their lives for us, so that we could enjoy the freedoms that came from their sacrifices. All of our silly complaints fade to meaningless when you think about it. Happy Memorial Day.

Last edited:
My parents just invited and took me and my wife and daughter to the Arboretum for a picnic and stroll around campus. Lovely way to spend the evening.

I reiterate RH's post- remember those who died while serving the country. In particular, I remember Major Paul Syverson, US Army Special Forces who lived next door to me in barracks for 2 years and died in Iraq. RIP Paul.

Reactions: Raising Heel
ADVERTISEMENT