ADVERTISEMENT

Stephanopoulos

Nuk'EM Heels

Hall of Famer
Jan 1, 2010
ABC News policy required that George Stephanopolous disclose his contributions to the Clinton Foundation to management before covering stories related to it, according to an ABC spokesman who responded to a Washington Free Beacon inquiry.
Stephanopolous issued an on-air apology on Friday’s Good Morning America after it was discovered by the Washington Free Beacon’s Andrew Stiles that he had covered news directly related to the Clinton Foundation without disclosing that he contributed $75,000 to it.

Thoughts?

Typical Clinton Lackey. He would have been better off giving $2250 to a real AIDS charity and $2250 to a REAL deforestation charity rather than $75,000 to the Clinton Foundation.

I'm trying to figure out why I should care. He worked for them- hell, they put him on the map. Why should anyone be surprised to learn that they are still in bed together?

Oh, I don't know... NYP columnist Michael Goodwin lays it out pretty well.

He made two unforgivable decisions: He didn’t tell his bosses about the donations and he didn’t tell viewers that he had given money to the foundation even as he reported on it and the Clintons.

At most news organizations, either would be a fireable offense. Either would be a fireable offense at ABC for someone less important.

But he may be too big to fire, at least quickly, so the network’s defense of him could be a trial balloon to gauge the fallout
Even a brief tally of recent offenses makes a compelling case. On April 26, Stephanopoulos grilled Peter Schweizer, the author of the sensational “Clinton Cash,” pressing him to admit the book contains no “smoking gun.”

The implication was that, if it’s not indictable, it’s not important. That’s a legal test, not a journalistic or political one, yet Stephanopoulos cleverly used that standard to give the Clintons the all-clear.
The anchor also cited Schweizer’s “partisan interest,” noting that Schweizer was a speechwriter for President George W. Bush.

But as a columnist in the Washington Post noted at the time, Stephanopoulos never told viewers that he had worked for the Clintons and had defended them in many scandals. Like the Clintons themselves, he acted as if the rules only apply to others.

Last edited:
Anyone who pays any attention already knows Stpehonaspoelus is a shill and it wouldn't matter to those who don't pay attention if they were to find out.

Steph is a POS...always has been always will be...this latest comes as no surprise....after all he got his training in DC

Reactions: Old_School59
All I wanna know from Nukie is there anything in this month's Washington Moms magazine worth noting . . ?

I guess the real question is the same ole thing from a one-sided media or has StephaPOS taken media bias to a whole new and flagrant level? This seems more in your face bias vice everything else we've seen heretofore...

I guess the real question is the same ole thing from a one-sided media or has StephaPOS taken media bias to a whole new and flagrant level?

I guess the hard-line right wingers and the media conspirators are going to be a little upset. For me, it was a contribution to a charitable foundation that had the Clinton name attached to it, to those peeps, that is what is so objectionable . .

Should he have disclosed it to his employer . . absolutely, and maybe the ABC folks are truly pissed at the omission, who knows (?). . if, they wanna take action, and feel justified doing so then they will.

As always BillyL, and pretty sure the L stands for liberal, on the side of anything goes. The media should report, not have an agenda.

The liberal agenda will be the downfall of America, in about 15 years if that. So as you learn to speak Arabic and watch women being raped, and kids heads cut off, let's see if that bothers you!

As always BillyL, and pretty sure the L stands for liberal, on the side of anything goes. The media should report, not have an agenda.

The liberal agenda will be the downfall of America, in about 15 years if that. So as you learn to speak Arabic and watch women being raped, and kids heads cut off, let's see if that bothers you!

I see that you're new to OOTB, the 'L' stands for long-d*ck . .

. . . but, liberal will work for me.

The media should report, but, not have an agenda . . ? Which organization does that . . . certainly it is not Faux News . . ?

LOL at learning to speak Arabic, women raped and kids w/ their heads cut-off . .

Gimme a break . .

For me, it was a contribution to a charitable foundation that had the Clinton name attached to it, to those peeps, that is what is so objectionable . .

So to you, this donation would be the same as a donation to the Red Cross? The only difference is that this particular charity happens to be run by the Clintons?

Are you saying this is one big witch hunt?

So to you, this donation would be the same as a donation to the Red Cross? The only difference is that this particular charity happens to be run by the Clintons?

Are you saying this is one big witch hunt?

Are you upset about it . . ? I'm certainly not.

Is ABCNews upset and are they going to take administrative action . . ?

I haven't seen a lot of concern over the disclosure . . exactly who is it that are all up in arms over this matter . . ? Maybe you missed post #12 in this thread.

Are you upset about it . . ? I'm certainly not.

Is ABCNews upset and are they going to take administrative action . . ?

I haven't seen a lot of concern over the disclosure . . exactly who is it that are all up in arms over this matter . . ? Maybe you missed post #12 in this thread.

Upset? No, not at all. But I am also not forgiving nor whitewashing it, which was why I quoted part of your post- was trying to understand your POV. My POV is that it was a quid pro quo from Step- pay the Don and continue to get access.

Did you think it was NBD because it was a charitable donation? Or NBD because it is typical of Washington?

To me, this is all very interesting in a House of Cards kind of way. Seems like someone from the Dem side of things is trying to submarine Hillary, because that is the only way this could ever get any traction.

NBD= No Big Deal.

I have no idea what OLA means, nor does my 19 year old daughter who sends and receives 25K text messages a month.

All I wanna know from Nukie is there anything in this month's Washington Moms magazine worth noting . . ?

I remember that thread and the inane accusations. (I believe it was actually an insider's look into Jay Carney and Claire Shipman's home, with a few Soviet-era prints on the walls that had Nuke all worked up.)

Nevertheless, I'm with you on this, Billy. Stephanopoulos gave away his money for a good cause and at this point it's between him and his employer.

Reactions: BillyL
I remember that thread and the inane accusations. (I believe it was actually an insider's look into Jay Carney and Claire Shipman's home, with a few Soviet-era prints on the walls that had Nuke all worked up.)

Nevertheless, I'm with you on this, Billy. Stephanopoulos gave away his money for a good cause and at this point it's between him and his employer.

Well, only about 14% went to a good cause with the other 86% allocated to administrative fees.

Saying the Clinton Foundation is a legitimate charity is like saying that Dan Kane is a Pulitzer prize worthy reporter.

Reactions: nctransplant
Well, only about 14% went to a good cause with the other 86% allocated to administrative fees.

Saying the Clinton Foundation is a legitimate charity is like saying that Dan Kane is a Pulitzer prize worthy reporter.
I think you gave them 5% too much credit.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/03/02...ally-bans-hillarys-foreign-government-payola/

Excerpt:

Between 2009 and 2012, the Clinton Foundation raised over $500 million dollars according to a review of IRS documents by The Federalist (2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008). A measly 15 percent of that, or $75 million, went towards programmatic grants. More than $25 million went to fund travel expenses. Nearly $110 million went toward employee salaries and benefits. And a whopping $290 million during that period — nearly 60 percent of all money raised — was classified merely as “other expenses.” Official IRS forms do not list cigar or dry-cleaning expenses as a specific line item. The Clinton Foundation may well be saving lives, but it seems odd that the costs of so many life-saving activities would be classified by the organization itself as just random, miscellaneous expenses.

Now, because the Clintons are Clintons (“It depends on what the definition of ‘is’ is…”), their fallback defense will likely be that they didn’t technically run afoul of the law. After all, Hillary didn’t officially take control of the foundation until after she left the State Dept. And the Constitution doesn’t ever say that foreign governments can’t bribe the impeached and disbarred spouses of government officials. Sure, the Constitution says current officials can’t accept dirty cash from foreign government, but it never says that jetset spouses who fly to sex slave islands with convicted sex offenders aren’t allowed to collect under-the-table foreign cash.

Tell it to Christopher Ruddy, the conservative CEO of Newsmax Media and a onetime critic of Bill Clinton. He has donated a million bucks to the "good cause." According to him:

"What about all that foundation money? Well, let’s peel the onion on the accusations.

"One of the things I liked about the Clinton Foundation is how little money actually goes to the foundation itself.

"Ingeniously, Bill Clinton set up his annual foundation conclave, CGI, as a clearinghouse between other foundations, wealthy donors, NGOs, governments and businesses — to meet face-to-face with charities working on the front lines of poverty alleviation, education and healthcare.

"After those commitments are made, no money flows into the Clinton Foundation. Donors honor their pledges directly with the charities.

"Over 10 years, CGI meetings have resulted in more than 3,100 commitments to action, deploying more than $100 billion which has been used to improve the lives of more than 430 million people in 180 countries around the world."

Tell it to Christopher Ruddy, the conservative CEO of Newsmax Media and a onetime critic of Bill Clinton. He has donated a million bucks to the "good cause." According to him:

"What about all that foundation money? Well, let’s peel the onion on the accusations.

"One of the things I liked about the Clinton Foundation is how little money actually goes to the foundation itself.

"Ingeniously, Bill Clinton set up his annual foundation conclave, CGI, as a clearinghouse between other foundations, wealthy donors, NGOs, governments and businesses — to meet face-to-face with charities working on the front lines of poverty alleviation, education and healthcare.

"After those commitments are made, no money flows into the Clinton Foundation. Donors honor their pledges directly with the charities.

"Over 10 years, CGI meetings have resulted in more than 3,100 commitments to action, deploying more than $100 billion which has been used to improve the lives of more than 430 million people in 180 countries around the world."

So a journalist who would give his right nut for a Hillary interview gives a bunch of money to the Clinton foundation and then pens an article about how wonderful the charity is.

Seems legit.

I'm sure Ole Slick Willy and Shillary needed every bit of that donation since she claims they were broke after Bills term ended.:rolleyes:.

So a journalist who would give his right nut for a Hillary interview gives a bunch of money to the Clinton foundation and then pens an article about how wonderful the charity is.

Seems legit.
So you're suggesting Ruddy paid ONE MILLION DOLLARS for the privilege to conduct an interview? How brainless is that?!

http://thefederalist.com/2015/03/02...ally-bans-hillarys-foreign-government-payola/

Excerpt:

Between 2009 and 2012, the Clinton Foundation raised over $500 million dollars according to a review of IRS documents by The Federalist (2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008). A measly 15 percent of that, or $75 million, went towards programmatic grants. More than $25 million went to fund travel expenses. Nearly $110 million went toward employee salaries and benefits. And a whopping $290 million during that period — nearly 60 percent of all money raised — was classified merely as “other expenses.” Official IRS forms do not list cigar or dry-cleaning expenses as a specific line item. The Clinton Foundation may well be saving lives, but it seems odd that the costs of so many life-saving activities would be classified by the organization itself as just random, miscellaneous expenses.

Now, because the Clintons are Clintons (“It depends on what the definition of ‘is’ is…”), their fallback defense will likely be that they didn’t technically run afoul of the law. After all, Hillary didn’t officially take control of the foundation until after she left the State Dept. And the Constitution doesn’t ever say that foreign governments can’t bribe the impeached and disbarred spouses of government officials. Sure, the Constitution says current officials can’t accept dirty cash from foreign government, but it never says that jetset spouses who fly to sex slave islands with convicted sex offenders aren’t allowed to collect under-the-table foreign cash.
Great article.

So you're suggesting Ruddy paid ONE MILLION DOLLARS for the privilege to conduct an interview? How brainless is that?!

No, I'm suggesting he made donation to get as much access to the Clinton camp as possible- there's more to it than just an interview with Hillary.

But you knew that. So why are you playing the fool?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT